Dynadot

question Trademark advice ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alizxxz

Established Member
Impact
Hi pro, so i want to make a shopify store and have chosen a perfect name for it, the thing is i checked in wipo.int and found out that there is 4 registered trademark by the same entity with the exact name, but 3 are inactive and one is pending delete and the trademark type they registered is "word" . And i have googled the brand name i've chosen and there is no developed business with the same business type which will be e-commerse and drop shipping.
Now the question is will get in trouble if i took that name and made it as my brand name ? and if you share any ideas regarding i would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, find another name to build your business on. All you need is to get a year in & start finding a footing - then, a TM letter from an attorney arrives.

Unless you want to POTENTIALLY spend a bunch of money on attorney fees rather than SEO & marketing - it just (typically) is not worth it.

But that is just my opinion & only an opinion on a potential TM without any idea what the name is, your biz is, or the potential angry rival companies (all make a difference in making a true informed decision).

best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
You have 3 options:
1. No
2. No
3. No

Unless you have some spare money to spare for the lawyer fees.

•••
Is it a dictionary word or a made up word? If it's a dictionary word, are the trademarks related to what you plan to sell on your Shopify store? We have an Apple auto dealer nearby. But we don't have a Microsoft auto dealer. But also keep in mind, nothing is stopping Apple from suing the Apple auto dealer and making them spend money on attorney fees.

•••
Thank you so much guys, you have been very helpful and i have decided not get that name and changed to something else.
I love this community.
Long Live NAMEPROS and all the PROS.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Back