NameSilo

domain TrackAndFieldResults.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hey all - a bit new here to domaining. Bought trackandfieldresults.com this morning (July 11) as an unregistered domain. Got an email from a potential buyer this afternoon (I didn't list it for sale yet though). 91k exact monthly global Google searches.

Originally registered in Dec 2007. Free online appraisals range from $8,000-$800. Especially with the Olympic Games coming up, might be worth more than usual? Anyone have ideas to what it could be worth? Thanks everyone.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My personal thoughts are that this domain is worth very little except in the case of around Olympic times. Does anybody really follow track and field otherwise?

IN addition, your 91k global searches is on broad search, not exact so your numbers are way off. Only 720 EXACT global monthly searches.

If somebody is truly interested, coax an offer and I would take it and run.

•••
hmmm

This one is a curious one, I do see some value in it. I mean it can be used for the Olympics, for the world championships, college results. It can be good, but it needs some serious development

•••
Online appraisals are about as accurate as one you can get here.
So never put much store in whatever figure you might get from sites like estibot.

Domain itself?
Good luck finding an enduser.

I would put it at most, low xx.

•••
Hey all - a bit new here to domaining. Bought trackandfieldresults.com this morning (July 11) as an unregistered domain. Got an email from a potential buyer this afternoon (I didn't list it for sale yet though).

You regged the name in the morning and had an interested buyer by the afternoon? (without listing it for sale)

Did this potential buyer happen to ask for a paid appraisal by any chance?

Anything is possible, but odds are that its something shady.

I would value the name at reg-fee to low $xx. And these values are only based on the searches alone.

I honestly do not see an audience for this name.

•••
Thanks everyone for the comments so far. njsurfer77, Yep - no sale listing. Buyer emailed me via the "contact owner" form on the parked page. Buyer didn't ask for a paid appraisal, just if it is for sale. I agree - seems fishy that this occurred within 12 hours.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back