Dynadot

domain TorchBeam.com for appraisal please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I think this is a cracker! It must be worth 7 figures at least...eh? No.... then what do you think?
TorchBeam.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a bad domain, but not 7 figures

torch.com
beam.com
light.com
tb.com

These domains are in the category of 6 figures, or 7 figures. "Torch Beam" isn't proper, you would say "Flashlight" or "Torch Light" instead of "Torch Beam". To be generous, TorchBeam.com is low 4 figures, to the right buyer, in my view

Last edited:
•••
5 figures maybe. It's not ultra premium but it's not bad. Without doing some work on use cases for it it's not easy even though it sounds good. <$15k for a quick sale, $25k or more if you're prepared to be patient and to present it well.

"Torch Beam" isn't proper,

I disagree. It's quite a common term in English.

Last edited:
•••
Hmm, is it? Never heard someone go to a shop and ask for a "torch beam"...usually "flashlight" in the US, and in the UK (my country) its just a "torch" or a "torch light"...torch beam, seems a bit off

•••
Ha. I see what you mean. No, that misses the point. It's a description of the light beam from a torch. Which makes it potentially a very good brand name, but not necessarily for a torch maker or torch retailer.

I'm in the UK too. I been here for a large number of years, in human terms.

•••
A brand that is called "Torch Beam" just seems...ugh, my gut tells me calling something that is "the light that comes out of a torch"...just something about it that feels too obvious, and uninteresting, as a brand. Like selling a dog, come to woof.com...woof comes out of a dog, like a torch beam comes out of a torch (actually, getting caught up in my own argument, woof.com is a pretty good name...dammit)

I'm not going to downplay TorchBeam.com, its a fine domain. My 4 figure appraisal still stands, for me

Last edited:
•••
Think sunbeam (great poor man's sports car when I was a kid) at night instead of day - nightlife, what goes with nightlife. I'm sure an entrepreneur with good vision could come up with a great use. A torch beam attracts all sorts of flying insects at night, can be used as a signalling device and more.

If it were mine I'd be gutted if I could only get 4 figures for it, unless I was desperate for a quick sale.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back