Domain Empire

domain TorchBeam.com for appraisal please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I think this is a cracker! It must be worth 7 figures at least...eh? No.... then what do you think?
TorchBeam.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm, is it? Never heard someone go to a shop and ask for a "torch beam"...usually "flashlight" in the US, and in the UK (my country) its just a "torch" or a "torch light"...torch beam, seems a bit off

•••
Ha. I see what you mean. No, that misses the point. It's a description of the light beam from a torch. Which makes it potentially a very good brand name, but not necessarily for a torch maker or torch retailer.

I'm in the UK too. I been here for a large number of years, in human terms.

•••
A brand that is called "Torch Beam" just seems...ugh, my gut tells me calling something that is "the light that comes out of a torch"...just something about it that feels too obvious, and uninteresting, as a brand. Like selling a dog, come to woof.com...woof comes out of a dog, like a torch beam comes out of a torch (actually, getting caught up in my own argument, woof.com is a pretty good name...dammit)

I'm not going to downplay TorchBeam.com, its a fine domain. My 4 figure appraisal still stands, for me

Last edited:
•••
Think sunbeam (great poor man's sports car when I was a kid) at night instead of day - nightlife, what goes with nightlife. I'm sure an entrepreneur with good vision could come up with a great use. A torch beam attracts all sorts of flying insects at night, can be used as a signalling device and more.

If it were mine I'd be gutted if I could only get 4 figures for it, unless I was desperate for a quick sale.

•••
Not a bad domain, but not 7 figures

torch.com
beam.com
light.com
tb.com

These domains are in the category of 6 figures, or 7 figures. "Torch Beam" isn't proper, you would say "Flashlight" or "Torch Light" instead of "Torch Beam". To be generous, TorchBeam.com is low 4 figures, to the right buyer, in my view

Last edited:
•••
5 figures maybe. It's not ultra premium but it's not bad. Without doing some work on use cases for it it's not easy even though it sounds good. <$15k for a quick sale, $25k or more if you're prepared to be patient and to present it well.

"Torch Beam" isn't proper,

I disagree. It's quite a common term in English.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back