IT.COM

Top points to SEO [Webmasters plz contribute]

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I find that people have given their openions on webmastering.. but everything is scattered..

Lets make a thread with webmasters contributing with only 1 point that they believe sets the future of any website

PS: if you point is already included, think of another one and don't duplicate..

Let me start

1. Keyword - pick your keyword(s) and get themed content to catch audience

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Create unique viral content that others will want to link to.

Last edited:
•••
Make your site as much original as you can and give a brief intro about it for the new visitors to understand about it

•••
Make site for humans not for search engines.

•••
-Nick- said:

yeah you are right mate.
:wave:

•••
content is really important i think.

•••
This is more for the newbs but, submit your domains and sitemaps (i.e. - google, yahoo, msn).

•••
One word

Patience

You're not going to rank all across the baord in one night!!!

•••
Webmasters must've heard this phrase a million times, "Unique content is king" which is 100% true. Even if you get thousands of high PR links, you can't rank high if your content is old, duplicate and available on hundreds of other sites.

•••
link building is important. no matter how good of a content you have, if it is a competitive niche, you cannot just rely on few organic links. you must build quality links form relevant sites

•••
its better not to update your site than update it with duplicate content.

•••
-Nick- said:
These are also Google words.

Here is mine -
Get the quality and relevant backlinks.

•••
make sure your content rhymes up and coincides with your meta title, meta description and meta keywords, and supply relevant alternative text to images coinciding with your site title.

•••
Exchange links with relevant sites not high PR sites/

•••
Don`t believe common SEO myths.

In the real life:
- You don`t need fresh content, you need unique content.
- Sitemap does not help your ranking at all, it is just for indexing.
- You don`t need to submit your URL to SEs for crawling, they will find your site if you have any backlinks.
- There is no need to target any special keyword density.

•••
Be Unique in whatever you do.

•••
Getting Traffic is the most important ingredient for any website. You can spend thousands on fancy web layout, etc but it is in vain if you have no traffic. According to some SEO experts, the best traffic generators are Blogs, Forums or Articles.

•••
Social bookmarking and social network marketing

•••
promote, promote, promote

Cheers
Corey

•••
these are some of the great points.. lets keep this threa rolling with more contributions..

•••
Install Site Map
Site map is the most important route towards achieving optimized site. Site map enables search engines know about your website by the site map. A sound skilled site map helps your users to steer easily within your website. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back