Dynadot

debate Tool to check availability of domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gprod

Established Member
Impact
What do you use to check the availability of domain names?
I just noticed one strange thing - few weeks ago I checked some handregs via "bulk" check of GD and Name.com. I used EPIK, too.
They were unregistered.
Now - 3/4 of them are taken.
I'm sure - they doesn't exists before, I invented few of these words. All of the registered are "WhoisGuard Protected". So, I have a kind of doubtfuls for GD and Name.com
Am I stupid, or shit happens?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are 9 billion people in the world. some are hip to domaining. others are businesses that employ many people who's main job is to reg domains they believe would be useful to for their company.

You can't assume only you had the idea for a domain. probably just pure luck or what happened is something called "front running" ask any domain tool checker and they will just deny it. Good luck trying to prove it! lol

•••
•••
Check to see if there is a grace deletion on any of them during the next month.

•••
If I am in a hurry I use Namesilo to check names... never had a problem with them.

•••
to be honest, sometime I also curious with that! a few hours a go, some niche can be register! but after a few hours, after doing mass check, its gone! especially a domain that have good metrics! I usually use namecheap, and then suddenly, domain for sell! send offer! I am kind suspicious with register checking! but no so sure! cause when I check it's already register a last month, but some time, I check that domain already register, exactly the time I was checking! and because of that reason, sometime, when I cheking I always make sure, my paypal is not $0!

LMAO!

•••
People register new names daily. Especially since the brandable hype off the wall ones have been getting snatched up.

•••
For .com,.net,.org and .tv use Namebright bulk search. You can search 5000 names at a time.

•••
MANY ARE DOING BRAINSTORMING HERE YOU ARE NOT ALONE
I LOST HelloCrypt.COM SAME WAY.WITHIN 48HOURS,AND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WEEK,
REGISTER AS SOON AS YOU BELIEVED IN NAME,SPECIALY BEST ONES,YOUR TOP 5 OR 10 IF YOUARE BULK SEARCHING,JUST MY 2 CENTS

•••
I use my own site for availability but also have massive list of tools and links.
Things available i look for are suddenly gone looking though registrars often enough to feel watched.

Last edited:
•••
I wrote my own tools and trust only them.

•••
•••
Thank you! If I broke a newbie rool it was unintentional! :)

•••
As long as you don't register rooly good domains with typos you will be right.

•••
its nothing more than a silly myth that billion or millions dollar companies are just sitting there and dying to get their hands on domains that little domainer people like us check for availability.

they have better things to do. like concentrating on something that actually makes them money.

cheers

•••
@gprod this is a bug of godaddy, it's not only godaddy i also found this bug in some other registrar's but it happens a lot on godaddy.

I know this because i notice this happening on godaddy so every time i search for a name on godaddy i also searched on namecheap and lots of domains that where available on godaddy where taken at namecheap i tried to reg one that is available on godaddy to see what happens and it show's i cant buy the domain because it's already taken.

Until i found out it was a bug i got my hopes up a lot and got angry at my self for not reg the domains when i saw them available lol :ROFL:

PS: it happens sometimes on namecheap but not to often. On godaddy it happens a lot.

•••
No, I'm just asking :) Like stupid domainer.

Not stupid...just learning. Most of us are still learning except the REALLY old timers. We are just waiting for the oxygen tanks to run out so we can get some of their domains as they drop! :xf.grin:

Wait a second...I think I could use some oxygen...oh no...

•••
To speedup the entire bulk process GoDaddy checks them via DNS-mechanism...
So even 100-years old domains may be shown as available...

Some other registrars have the same issue.

•••
•••
Godaddy is the worst in checking availability, I use whois.com for single search and dynadot for extension search and bulk search less than 1000, for more than 1000 up to 5000 I use Namebright.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back