IT.COM

discuss Too impatient and selling cheap?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sab

Established Member
Impact
I don`t follow any domaining trends and I started to register brandable domain names that are deleted or free and sell them on Flippa. See list that I sold or lost. Could I sell higher?

I am always too impatient and happy for interest so I sell it immediately. Would you have any good tips/ rules how to negotiate, identify a real interest?

sold:
reg fee - idebonair.com $250
reg fee - 5cows.com $210
reg fee - tokemon.com $120
reg fee - dolpie.com $79
reg fee - twovel.com $79
reg fee - wiflat.com $29

lost on:
reg fee - friendlydevice.com
reg fee - pieretto.com
reg fee - efebi.com
reg fee - beeoil.com

still selling:
chlov.com
Ldocx.com
ilessismore.com
ionlychoice.com
trandjacks.com
soilively.com
superbeautyfood.com
readme.today
hitme.today
sharents.com

Dolcevitalia.com + Facebook Fans cca 1 000 + Instagram fans cca 10 000 + Pinterest

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are decent sales with nice earning. Being too greedy with regfee type names won't work in Domaining world. Imho. So, whatever you are doing , you are doing great. :)

•••
They are decent sales with nice earning. Being too greedy with regfee type names won't work in Domaining world. Imho. So, whatever you are doing , you are doing great. :)

Yea, that`s why I don`t really mind the price :) Thanks for your feedback!

•••
...sold:
reg fee - 5cows.com $210
reg fee - dolpie.com $79
reg fee - twovel.com $79
reg fee - wiflat.com $29
Good sales, given these names' quality, except for tokemon.com, which you could do much better with, IMO.
lost on:
reg fee - pieretto.com
reg fee - efebi.com
reg fee - beeoil.com
What do you mean by "lost on"? (n)

•••
Good sales, given these names' quality, except for tokemon.com, which you could do much better with, IMO.

What do you mean by "lost on"? (n)
Thank you for your opinion, I also think I could do better with Tokemon and with idebonair.
Lost on..i didn`t sell them, i lost on them :) maybe it`s wrong to say it that way - sorry for my english

•••
You create names for $8 and sell for a profit=Win

I snatch expired domains that slip through the cracks for $8 and rot on them until the "right" buyer approaches and sell for 1-10k primarily with a few below 1k and a few well above 10k=Win

Profit is Profit, The domain quality will determine if it should be a flip xx-xxx or a long term hold.

What ya paid for a domain doesn't matter, quality of the domain and the demand for it does as I've sold an $8 expired pick up for $7500 and I've turned down 13k for an $8 expired pick up before as well. Some would just see $8 into 13k and call me crazy while I see the value of the domain and an inbox of offers on it every single month.

No right or wrong just different business models. Nobody will ever call ya stupid if your profitable. :ROFL:

•••
At times we sellers quote a price that is way beyond realistic pricing and doing so the domains just remains with the sellers. Thus what the buyers do is that they register similar domain names and the opportunity cost of the seller is lost.

•••
I think of the film the full monty phrase - even tho I can't remember the e act phrase but it goes something like

" people don't laugh so much when you've got a grand? £ 1000 in your back pocket or bank " etc but the principle is true so OK they had to push themselves out of their comfort zone but they done OK eg quids in etc and OK it's only a film etc

But the same with domain names in as much as it might be seen as wasting money by those not interested in buying domains but to use the example in earlier post in this thread saying no to $13k for a domain bought for $8 might seem to most as being silly to etc but by turning down 13k future offers will exceed the 13k as time adds value to the domain and anything above the 13k is effectively free money

You don't start earning money until you start saying no to offers to buy your domains

•••
If a buyer really wants a particular domain name etc the last thing the buyer wants to hear from the owner of that domain name is that the owner doesn't need to sell the domain name and in no hurry to sell or that owner plans to extend its registration etc which will usually prompt a buyer to offer a pretty decent offer in an attempt to persuade the owner to sell their domain but not every domain owner needs money etc some have a fair bit themselves

Money doesn't need money

•••
I don`t follow any domaining trends and I started to register brandable domain names that are deleted or free and sell them on Flippa. See list that I sold or lost. Could I sell higher?

I am always too impatient and happy for interest so I sell it immediately. Would you have any good tips/ rules how to negotiate, identify a real interest?

sold:
reg fee - 5cows.com $210
reg fee - dolpie.com $79
reg fee - twovel.com $79
reg fee - wiflat.com $29

lost on:
reg fee - pieretto.com
reg fee - efebi.com
reg fee - beeoil.com

still selling:
chlov.com
Ldocx.com
ilessismore.com
ionlychoice.com
trandjacks.com
soilively.com
superbeautyfood.com
readme.today
hitme.today
sharents.com

Dolcevitalia.com + Facebook Fans cca 1 000 + Instagram fans cca 10 000 + Pinterest

So why does Flippa banned you? :whistle:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back