Watch
Impact
Hi Good Day, Hope you are all well

With all the hype around AI , its natural to register domains in this niche

Here in the UK , .AI is £135 for min 2 year reg - a bit steep

Which domain extension/ combination are you registering or have made sales with

Great to hear your thoughts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Handregging .ai comes with a huge renewal bill which doesn't include the standard 2 years when the domain is transferred across registrars (don't ask why).

Also, while cheaper to reg, the rush for AiKeyword /KeywordAi.com names is like the Metaverse nd NFT crazes of 2021 and 2022 respectively. The names are not as available as before and eventually, the hype will die down to be replaced by the next shiny trend.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Handregging .ai comes with a huge renewal bill which doesn't include the standard 2 years when the domain is transferred across registrars (don't ask why).

Also, while cheaper to reg, the rush for AiKeyword /KeywordAi.com names is like the Metaverse nd NFT crazes of 2021 and 2022 respectively. The names are not as available as before and eventually, the hype will die down to be replaced by the next shiny trend.
Agree, I am sitting on a dozen pretty decent keywordNFT.com domains . Thanks for your advice

•••
Hi Good Day, Hope you are all well

With all the hype around AI , its natural to register domains in this niche

Here in the UK , .AI is £135 for min 2 year reg - a bit steep

Which domain extension/ combination are you registering or have made sales with

Great to hear your thoughts
So surprising as it sounds, I use AI to help me find names, and not those 'generators' but one I built with specific algorithms designed specifically for this task. 3 months ago as I saw this coming, I was able to find and buy about 10 names in any given day and did not even use my Ai tool that was not built yet. For snits and giggles, had Gina (my ai) spit out 10 names.... nope all gone. ok 10 more, ditto. ok 10 more... nope sorry charley all gone. OK time to bring out the cannon, G, 100 names please.... nope all gone. 100 more please... wooohooo! bought one! 100 more please .... you guessed it, all gone. the .ai domain is actually just a country code for Anguilla and The government of Anguilla has partnered with a company called Meridian TLD (formerly known as Offshore Information Services) to manage and operate the .ai TLD. As the registry operator, Meridian TLD sets the base pricing for .ai domain registrations and renewals. They are responsible for managing the technical infrastructure of the TLD, maintaining the registry database, and enforcing the policies and regulations related to .ai domain names..... in other words, they can (and I think will) raise the prices to whatever they want, 500/yr? 1000/yr? , personally I stick with the .com. and good luck finding one now. couple of inexpensive ones at matrix, but those will be gone soon too.

•••
Personally I think it's a tough call right now. I could see .AI getting huge but I think a lot depends on AI sentiment going forward. There is some negative pushback on AI. Facebook just had a big event showcasing their new tech and they did not use the term AI even once. On the other hand it seems inevitable for everything to move in this direction. Personally I will just grab some top .ai names but nothing multikeyword.ai

•••
Dot AI is fine and the (top) domains are salesable, as per various reports. Unsure about two words, I would definitely not try something like the+noun(.)ai, but some superstrong kw1+kw2(.)ai may be OK. Taking in account .ai pricing model, which includes paid transfers without renewing, and $140 2years registry fee, long-time economics of large .ai portfolio is not yet clear, at least for me.

I (hand)regged a few dozens in recent months - like what I found, and there are more reasonably OK .ai domains available, especially non-English ones. Starting thinking ai way instead of .com way was interesting :)

As for the future, it probably makes sense not to limit the portfolio with a+i letters in either position, but also to handreg the stuff which is (or may be, or would be) related to AI and businesses using AI.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have any AI domains with .com extension, but I do have three domains that start with AI: AI.CR, AI.CD, and AI.SY.

Among these, AI.CR has multiple meanings such as AI Creativity, AI Creation, AI Create, and AI Creator.

•••
I would go for aikeyword or keywordai /com. Because its cheaper, its ". com" etc :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back