IT.COM

question Thoughts on the {keyword}ai.com or {keyword}.ai Domain Trend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MMmaker

Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I find the discussions here extremely fascinating. My curiosity was piqued by the case of lambo.com and its lawsuit against Lamborghini – thrilled to see Lambo won!

I've been noticing a significant surge in interest for {keyword}ai.com domains. There's also been a notable amount of sales for {keyword}.ai domains. When compared to the .com counterparts, which have been sold for quite high prices, the same keywords are now being purchased with a .ai extension.

What are your thoughts on this trend? Are .ai domains becoming a preferable alternative to traditional .coms, especially in certain sectors or for specific applications? Would love to hear your insights and experiences regarding this.

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I find the discussions here extremely fascinating. My curiosity was piqued by the case of lambo.com and its lawsuit against Lamborghini – thrilled to see Lambo won!

I've been noticing a significant surge in interest for {keyword}ai.com domains. There's also been a notable amount of sales for {keyword}.ai domains. When compared to the .com counterparts, which have been sold for quite high prices, the same keywords are now being purchased with a .ai extension.

What are your thoughts on this trend? Are .ai domains becoming a preferable alternative to traditional .coms, especially in certain sectors or for specific applications? Would love to hear your insights and experiences regarding this.

Thank you!
.Com is still the dominant choice. There are some as you say in certain sectors or applications that may prefer .ai for their domain name. Andy Booth did a good job talking about this on Twitter/X and the latest @DomainSherpa

•••
Upvote 0
I agree that .com will always be king, i’ve bought some .com domains recently not knowing they were aged domains! Some of them (when checking wayback machine) it dates far back to 2001.

One of them is : omovs.com

Seems to be a wedding photographer of some sort dating back to 2008.

•••
Upvote 0
I agree that .com will always be king, i’ve bought some .com domains recently not knowing they were aged domains! Some of them (when checking wayback machine) it dates far back to 2001.

One of them is : omovs.com

Seems to be a wedding photographer of some sort dating back to 2008.
Registered On:
2023-12-17

Domain aging goes by how long the domain has been registered continually, not if it was previously registered. A good domain typically wont drop, it will continue to be picked up by other buyers/investors due to its popularity.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back