IT.COM

Tip Of The Month (March) : Find .COMs where the .NET is a live site!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:hi:

Utilizing the "Domain Explorer" option at Whois.sc: http://www.whois.sc ...

... enter up to two words (with a space in between them) and then hit "Search". Do you see the results with the X'd / green / grey boxes, etc? :gl:

Do your due diligence and research (and do NOT register wantonly) ... and try to find available domain names that are in the ".COM" where the ".NET" and/or hyphenated similar ".COM" domain names are taken, and better yet developed IMHO! :yell:

^^ If you can locate these available domains, there may be the potential for End user "Quick Sales", IMHO.
PS. This does not, and should not, ever apply to potentially *™ domains, as a strategy! Again, each case should be fully researched and well thought out prior to registration ... mindful of one's budget and also ability to contact End users in a professional and business-like manner.

Any questions? Please post here, and we shall all discuss further.
Thoughts on this "Tip Of The Month" from the more experienced Name Pros appreciated as well (since we're here in this section to help our newer friends)!
See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

Added: I have an example for this overall strategy currently "in the works" ... and will update here to the thread on the specifics shortly! :)

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whois.sc is great for finding available .COMs that correspond to developed .NETs. You can also use them to scan drop lists with their bulk check utility,

http://www.whois.sc/bulk-check/

Paste 100 names at a time then scan down to see which available .COM's there that have developed .NET and .ORG domain.

•••
microdude431 said:
Great post Jeff! :tu:

Thankies! :red:
Hopefully, over time, all/some/any of the "TOTM's" will help to make some monies for fellow - including newer - Namepros™ members, IMHO.

Jeff said:
Added: I have an example for this overall strategy currently "in the works" ... and will update here to the thread on the specifics shortly! :)

Domain name (example) has now been registered, and an End user email has been dispatched as of this morning!
Will update shortly ... :talk:

Have a great domain name day, folks.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Does whois.sc allow automated queries?

•••
Ben said:
Does whois.sc allow automated queries?

I don't believe so.

•••
THANKS.

I am so clueless when it comes to tools. I really need to learn more about tools if i am going to take domaining to the next level.

•••
Great post, Jeff!
I like the idea of the TOTM, as well.
I'm at whois.sc playing around with the namespinner now...

I registered from the whois.sc searches:
http://www.AngelCapitalFund.com and
http://www.AngelInvstorDirectory.com (OVT 119)

Some that I liked but didn't register:
VentureCapitalLink.com
RuleEnforcement.com (.org is a site)
angelsfund.net (.com and .org are sites)

Token $NP en route for the instigatory nature of the post ;)

-Allan :gl:

•••
I think I like nameboy better. Any reason why you guys prefer whois to find "green domains"?

•••
Tip of the month is a great idea to help people, like me, to get going with domain trading. Something that would be interesting for future months would be some tips about howto contact a potential buyer in a "professional and business-like manner".
It would be even more interesting to get tips on what to do and don't when contacting a domain owner about buying their domain name. I've been contacting a few owners lately without any luck. So tips on this would be really interesting.
Keep up the good work! :)

•••
*pokes Jeff*

It's April now. :)

Have you considered publishing them in a blog too?

•••
whois.sc has changed into domaintools.com and they suck. They took away the domain explorer tool where you could filter your searches.

It wasn't broke yet they tried to fix it.

Never mind. They still have the filters available :red:

Last edited:
•••
Nice post Jeff!

It's hard work though, almost as difficult as looking through deleted lists for a few good names. :)

•••
exody provides list of all avaliable .com's where .net and .org are taken. Just checked there are 13800 names in it, Where .net has been registered for last 5 years and .com is avaliable..

and 2600 where .org and .net both r gone and .com is avaliable... :)

Last edited:
•••
I found fragtory.com unreg'd where the .net was a developed forum. Getting some spillover traffic.

You can also reg singular or plural versions of a plural or singular developed dot whatever. I sold an insurance name recently that was making $15 / month b/c the singular was developed.

•••
nice information..thks for sharing..!

•••
Thanks, never thought of doing that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back