IT.COM

Tip of my toungue

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I can't remember the name of the randomly generated images with numbers and letters that you have to typein, to confirm that you aren't using an automated program.

Anyone remember?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just a guess-pattern recognigtion?

•••
•••
OK, thanks. I want to find a script for it, but didn't know the name.

•••
Are you thinking about a text-to-image script?

•••
Like there is a word in an image that you have to type into a text box. Some whois site use it so people don't do automated lookups

•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
Like there is a word in an image that you have to type into a text box. Some whois site use it so people don't do automated lookups

Righto, I dunno' the "name" of this ... but if you try a WhoIs Look-up at NSI (of all places) you'll get this prompt.
B-)

•••
•••
Originally posted by Kodeking

You could get the basics of this done using PHP or another language and the GD library or ImageMagick or something pretty easy. I mean generating random images with some random text or numbers on them, but beyond that, distorting the images and comparing the vaules and such could get diffucult.

Here's a link that may interest you http://www.captcha.net/captchas/gimpy/

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back