IT.COM

discuss Three word domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Criterion811

CardanoExchange.com - For Sale, PMs WelcomeEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Namepros.

I'm curious, with so many (reasonable ones, not talking about nonsensical e.g. 'xylophonebiochemistry.com')
2 word .COM domains reg'd long ago, do you see an increasing worth in three word .COM names... specifically those with the prefix 'The' or 'My' etc.

Discuss!

E. Hill

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it all boils down to whether there is a point to getting the 3 words when the potential enduser already has the 2 word version.

but if they don't. ask yourself even if they had their heart set on the two word but it's worth a million dollars. why would they buy your 3 word version? then they probably could "hack" a 3 word version of the 2 word domain they had their heart set on and skip your 3 word creation.

at the end of the deal. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

•••
I think that from domainer perspective two word is better but from end user perspective I'm not so sure. Prefixes are OK if you can't get real thing.

•••
Personally I have a few in my portfolio, but they make sense and I believe there's a market niche for each one. However I also have some I have now come to realise will likely never sell and I need to drop them.

•••
three, four and even some five word names can have value, even without prefixes like "the or my".

it's always been like that, depending on what the words convey.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back