Domain Empire

analysis Though dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ExploitOdds

Established Member
Impact
If though dot com is worth $10,001, what does that say about the market in general or does it? Is its true worth only $10k? Did someone get a great deal?

I was surprised that it sold for as low as it did. Time to reflect and possibly adjust pricing time . . .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a strange word to brand yourself by. The only company I can find on LinkedIn using the word is one called "Though Sterling." That says something.

Not all words are equal. I think $10k may actually be overvalued here.

•••
I agree with Nametree here. Don't see much value in it. One word domains aren't magically premium if they are one word domains. It just so happens that one word domains are the best in general.

•••
Completely agree. It's clunky, has no real meaning outside of context and is easily misheard. Just because it's a common word doesn't make it desirable.

•••
Them: What the web address of your company?
Me; though.com

I rather sound completely not serious to even own a company
:xf.laugh::ROFL:

It's a valuable name, but sure not the best for a brand!

•••
I was surprised at the price. I thought maybe low to mid $XXXX even for an enduser.

•••
•••
I was surprised at the price. I thought maybe low to mid $XXXX even for an enduser.
I agree with you a lower value premium for sure, but not $10k.

•••
They are asking $77k for the name . . . at any rate . . . To me it seems like there is a huge disparity between valuations of domains. I do share the sentiment that it seems limited in brandability. It’s cool that the comments thus far seem to indicate overpayment for the name. I respectfully disagree. Though does rhyme with D’Oh and many other words. Maybe the people at Though will put the T into Though for Thought. Lol okay last sentence was facetious😀

•••
well, if they develop it into something, then its apples and oranges because a website is a different value altogether, anyways.

•••
IMO it sold for a decent price. I sold through.com on namejet in 2014 for 16k

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back