NameSilo

domain ThisDiamond.com ... Any potential on this ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdndd

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm having this domain name : ThisDiamond(dot)com ..

And I'm wondering, considering the diamond industry what could be worth this domain...

Thanks for you help ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This diamond.. What would be the purpose? A diamond retailer?
TheDiamonds sounds a lot better imo. This Diamond sounds like one diamond.

I have no clue how big the diamond industry really is. A decade ago I guess De Beers had a big monopoly over the market, and if they still do I guess it's hard to sell domains in that industry. But I guess you did your research before buying the domain so hopefully you know that better than me.

GL with it anyhow! :)

•••
This diamond.. What would be the purpose? A diamond retailer?
TheDiamonds sounds a lot better imo. This Diamond sounds like one diamond.

I have no clue how big the diamond industry really is. A decade ago I guess De Beers had a big monopoly over the market, and if they still do I guess it's hard to sell domains in that industry. But I guess you did your research before buying the domain so hopefully you know that better than me.

GL with it anyhow! :)

Thanks for your reply ... Actually, this domain was owned previously by a famous jewelry ... I found it quite unexpectedly ... (it got just dropped when I registered it). So far, I got a few demands ... I posted on Flippa, got a few offers and bids as well ... (and quite a lot of watchers) ... But it did not sell ! So, that's why I was wondering what could be the "best" price for it ... considering all this !

•••
How are you able to see that it was previously owned by a famous jewelry?
The only thing I can find from screenshots.com & https://web.archive.org is the Flippa auction. Other than that it doesn't seem to have been active, but I am sure it was if you say so..

Is this your auction?
https://flippa.com/7791576-thisdiamond-com

I would have taken the $125 if I were you.. Just my opinion..

Last edited:
•••
How are you able to see that it was previously owned by a famous jewelry?
The only thing I can find from screenshots.com & https://web.archive.org is the Flippa auction. Other than that it doesn't seem to have been active, but I am sure it was if you say so..

Is this your auction?
https://flippa.com/7791576-thisdiamond-com

I would have taken the $125 if I were you.. Just my opinion..

Well, with Domain IQ and Whoisology, when I registered this domain, I've been able to see who was the previous owner ... Good for you if you did not know about this !

Yeah, it was my auction ... You could be right ... However, I got much more interest aside with private messages and also emails, people asking the reserve price and making interesting offers ... So again, considering that I got several good offers, nothing related to what you see on Flippa, I was wondering how much it could be worth ... 125$ is just too ridiculous to me !

•••
•••
125$ is just too ridiculous to me !

To me it seems like a fair price. I would never myself pay over $100 for it.
It's not a $1K domain, but that is just my opinion. $125 for a hand reg domain is pretty good..
I wish you the best and most $ out of it..

•••
ThisDiamond means what exactly? I'm struggling to think of usage for this domain?

•••
Care to elaborate on what 'interesting offers' means, seeing as how no one bid over $125?

I agree. I would never pay that much for this domain.

Always XXX$ offers, more than 125$ ..

And Good for you ... But, tell me ... Are you in this industry ? I mean, what an interesting comment. I know thousands of domains sold for at least X,XXX$ that you would probably have never considered as a good move ...

Actually, let's take a look to this weekly sales report : http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2017/20170215.htm

For example, I'm pretty sure that you would have never bought this domain organixx.com, but it sold for 2,800$ or this one: thestartupway.com sold for 5,000$ ...

I'm not asking if YOU want to buy it, I'm asking, from experienced domainers, a constructive reflexion about the potential value of this domain. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
I like the name ThisDiamond.com but don't think Flippa is where you'll get the biggest return. I would contact potential end users in the NYC diamond district as a diamond wholesaler might love this name! I could see a wholesaler going low $x,xxx! Good Luck!

•••
I like the name ThisDiamond.com but don't think Flippa is where you'll get the biggest return. I would contact potential end users in the NYC diamond district as a diamond wholesaler might love this name! I could see a wholesaler going low $x,xxx! Good Luck!

Yeah, I know ... That's what I did ... I contacted a few (50) and ask them to take a look to this auction ... I know that I could get much more than just 125$ (I would be so stupid to let it go for just a few bucks)... Thank you for this first and interesting comment !

•••
Always XXX$ offers, more than 125$ ..

And Good for you ... But, tell me ... Are you in this industry ? I mean, what an interesting comment. I know thousands of domains sold for at least X,XXX$ that you would probably have never considered as move ...

Uhh huhh...so they offered you over $125 for the domain in private messages, but refused to bid even that much on it...hmmm. Ever hear of tire-kickers? And you do understand that not all sales that are reported are necessarily correct, right? You do know there are 'fake' sales where people conspire to make it appear like a domain sold for more than it is worth in order to trick others into thinking it is valuable.

•••
Uhh huhh...so they offered you over $125 for the domain in private messages, but refused to bid even that much on it...hmmm. Ever hear of tire-kickers? And you do understand that not all sales that are reported are necessarily correct, right? You do know there are 'fake' sales where people conspire to make it appear like a domain sold for more than it is worth in order to trick others into thinking it is valuable.

Yeah, right ... I got more on private messages but not enough to me ! Why they did this instead of directly bidding ... I don'T know ! Maybe they wanted to close the deal faster ... But again, it was not enough to me !

About DNJournal.com Sales report, which could be considered as the bible in the domaining world ... Are you saying that all these sales are fake ? So that RON's job is useless ?

•••
Yeah, right ... I got more on private messages but not enough to me ! Why they did this instead of directly bidding ... I don'T know ! Maybe they wanted to close the deal faster ... But again, it was not enough to me !

About DNJournal.com Sales report, which could be considered as the bible in the domaining world ... Are you saying that all these sales are fake ? So that RON's job is useless ?

You got sooo many private messages, yet you got like 0 comments and a couple of cheap bids...uh huh, sure.
And are you an idiot? I didn't say every sale is fake, I said don't believe everything you read. Not every sale is actually what you think it is.

•••

Not all are fake, but it's kinda obvious that a lot of sales on NB are fake. But that's another story..
I could lie to you and say that it's an awesome domain that is worth $1K but I don't think so..
OT: TheStartupWay was sold by Mike Mann by the way, and I think none of us can compare us to him.

•••
You got sooo many private messages, yet you got like 0 comments and a couple of cheap bids...uh huh, sure.
And are you an idiot? I didn't say every sale is fake, I said don't believe everything you read. Not every sale is actually what you think it is.

OK, There is no reason why I would say this and ask advice to other domainers if it was not true... ok ? I'm not asking you anything, I'm not asking if you want to buy it ... So please, let it go !! But when you're listing a domain for sale on Flippa, I guess that you never received any private message asking what is your Reserve price ? Well, in my world, this kind of things happens and you start a conversation with these people as you don't want to disclose your reserve price.... You're asking for potential max budget, etc ... If people realize that your Reserve Price may be too high, they don't want to start bidding as they know that it would be useless ... That's how I knew that I could get more than just 125$ ... As some people were ready to pay more than that.

And this is only on Flippa ... But As I contacted other potential players in this industry by email, and got a few conversations, it confirmed the feeling that I could get more as well ...

So as I want to get the maximum ROI on this domain, I was simply asking to experienced domainers what could be worth this domain. OK ?

So please ... Forget about this, It seems too complicated for you ...

•••
Not all are fake, but it's kinda obvious that a lot of sales on NB are fake. But that's another story..
I could lie to you and say that it's an awesome domain that is worth $1K but I don't think so..
OT: TheStartupWay was sold by Mike Mann by the way, and I think none of us can compare us to him.

It was just an example ... To explain that you don't know the potential resale value of a domain ... There is no truth on what is good and what is not. Sometimes, it's just a matter of having the right combination at the right time with the right person ...

•••
OK, There is no reason why I would say this and ask advice to other domainers if it was not true... ok ? I'm not asking you anything, I'm not asking if you want to buy it ... So please, let it go !! But when you're listing a domain for sale on Flippa, I guess that you never received any private message asking what is your Reserve price ? Well, in my world, this kind of things happens and you start a conversation with these people as you don't want to disclose your reserve price.... You're asking for potential max budget, etc ... If people realize that your Reserve Price may be too high, they don't want to start bidding as they know that it would be useless ... That's how I knew that I could get more than just 125$ ... As some people were ready to pay more than that.

And this is only on Flippa ... But As I contacted other potential players in this industry by email, and got a few conversations, it confirmed the feeling that I could get more as well ...

So as I want to get the maximum ROI on this domain, I was simply asking to experienced domainers what could be worth this domain. OK ?

So please ... Forget about this, It seems too complicated for you ...

And apparently you feel anything less than $5,000 is too low for you!? LOL How did you come to that conclusion?
So they were waiting there to pay you more, but couldn't be bothered to submit a bid even when they didn't know the reserve? lol You do know it is quicker to bid than it is to take time messaging you, right?
And you got your answers, most of us are telling you we don't see all that much value in it.

•••
And apparently you feel anything less than $5,000 is too low for you!? LOL How did you come to that conclusion?
So they were waiting there to pay you more, but couldn't be bothered to submit a bid even when they didn't know the reserve? lol You do know it is quicker to bid than it is to take time messaging you, right?
And you got your answers, most of us are telling you we don't see all that much value in it.

Well, apparently, some people are not very comfortable with the bidding concept ...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back