IT.COM

This domain name has been suspended due to invalid Whois information.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If the owner doesn't contact the registrar in time, when will the name be deleted? :o

The original expiry is set in September.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain will remain in suspension through expiration, including the registry’s redemption period

If you take GoDaddy at their word here, it won't go through TDNAM. It will be deleted somewhere around 75-78 days after expiry. Definitely backorder it at GoDaddy in case they put it on TDNAM, but they are hopeless at capturing their own deleting domains. So be prepared to have wasted your money. You should also backorder it at NameJet/SnapNames/Pool before it drops.

•••
•••
•••
well after the familyalbum.com fiasco I think I read that GoDaddy will no longer be deleting domains early because of invalid contact info, so i'd guess at the earliest September maybe later if it has to go through the standard redemption and pending delete periods.

If you want it put in a backorder at GoDaddy.

•••
Ah, that particular name came to mind so I was hoping to get an answer regarding this issue.

Appreciate more input regarding this. :]

•••
scabies said:
well after the familyalbum.com fiasco I think I read that GoDaddy will no longer be deleting domains early because of invalid contact info

You have a valid link on this issuer ?

•••
•••
I got a notice threatening to take a domain for a Godaddy name that I sold over a year ago. The new owner has left my contact info on it, and Godaddy put the word "none" for parts that were not known.

There were other reports of people getting threatening emails supposedly from Godaddy at the same time (some used their email even though they had privacy). I sent the info to the owner via both contacts that I had for him, got no response and the whois is unchanged. Godaddy did not take the domain.

I suspect that it was a clever phishing attempt, with somebody inside (or formerly inside) Godaddy involved.

•••
Charley said:
You have a valid link on this issuer ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Daddy#Deletion_of_FamilyAlbum.com

On November 2, 2007, Domain Name Wire reported that it appears that GoDaddy no longer cancels domains for invalid whois.[34] The editor on Domain Name Wire received a message from a reader who is trying to acquire a domain with obviously false whois information.[34] The message from GoDaddy said "The domain has been suspended due to invalid Whois. The domain will remain in suspension through expiration, including the registry’s redemption period, unless the owner updates the contact information before that time."

•••
•••
I would imagine the domain will still go through the TDNAM process - I doubt Godaddy would just allow the domain to expire - there still within their rights to auction it off (even if I question those rights)

Justin

•••
Thank you guys! I'll monitor the domain status and see where it ends up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back