Dynadot

domains These companies own the most domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Google, Microsoft and Amazon own less domains than Unilever NV combined

The company that owns the most domain names is Unilever NV which owns 1,181 domain names including those of Ben & Jerrys, Dove and Hellman's. The group's collection of domain names is more than eight times larger than Microsoft's and more than double those of Alphabet.

Despite the fact that Unilever NV owns the most domains, the group's two biggest sites are cleanipedia.com and dollarshaveclub.com which combined, see around 5m visits a month.

(... Tech Radar you can do better ... :) )

read more (tech radar)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google, Microsoft and Amazon own less domains than Unilever NV combined

The company that owns the most domain names is Unilever NV which owns 1,181 domain names including those of Ben & Jerrys, Dove and Hellman's. The group's collection of domain names is more than eight times larger than Microsoft's and more than double those of Alphabet.

Despite the fact that Unilever NV owns the most domains, the group's two biggest sites are cleanipedia.com and dollarshaveclub.com which combined, see around 5m visits a month.

(... Tech Radar you can do better ... :) )

read more (tech radar)

I recall looking into this years ago for sales comps purposes and discovered yea Amazon and microsoft and Amazon are up there.

But also Johnson and Johnson and GlaxoSmith Kline?

•••
I recall looking into this years ago for sales comps purposes and discovered yea Amazon and microsoft and Amazon are up there.

But also Johnson and Johnson and GlaxoSmith Kline?

f.e. most domains don't connect a specific company (eg. Microsoft, Apple, etc) with domain registrations.

... 99% registrars ToS ref.; the whois/registrant data is provided "as is" with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.

Regards

•••
Last edited:
•••
So HugeDomains is not considered a company?

This is what happens when a journalist is clueless in the subject he is writing about.

They ranked the companies based on total traffic across their domains, then basically compared who has more domains AMONG those top traffic names. And that is what should have been made clear there.

•••
"The firm's research has revealed that Google's parent company Alphabet receives the most traffic with almost 120bn visits per month. The company owns 422 domains with the largest being google.com"

I don't want to plug my our own service, but these numbers are nowhere near reality:

https://www.domainiq.com/domain?google.com (Google Ireland owns over 150 just by itself)

•••
These numbers are not accurate. Proctor & Gamble owns a few thousand domains.

•••
This is a paid piece they kept spamming me about the data is nowhere close to right. TechRadar does a lot of sponsored posts and paid posts for the backlink. I ignored the three emails the data was so bad.

Microsoft owns many more names than Unilever.

The registrant's email address is associated with 68,641 domains, and the registrant organization name is associated with 50,461 domains. Combined, a total of 74,240 related domains were identified.

*DomainIQ

Last edited:
•••

This is what happens when a journalist is clueless in the subject he is writing about.

They ranked the companies based on total traffic across their domains, then basically compared who has more domains AMONG those top traffic names. And that is what should have been made clear there.

No journalists were involved the people at aira.net kept sending emails to post their report, I would imagine for the valuable backlink.

•••

even my company owns more then Unilever ;)

•••
This is a paid piece they kept spamming me about the data is nowhere close to right. TechRadar does a lot of sponsored posts and paid posts for the backlink. I ignored the three emails the data was so bad.

Microsoft owns many more names than Unilever.

The registrant's email address is associated with 68,641 domains, and the registrant organization name is associated with 50,461 domains. Combined, a total of 74,240 related domains were identified.

*DomainIQ

It makes sense MS would own more.

Judging by their registrant email Unilever owns over 4K domainnames. They operate over 1K brands so that number seems a bit on the low side actually.

•••
I wish it were true, since when I first read it I was all set to brag to my friends I owned more domains than Apple and Microsoft! :xf.cool:

But then various informed people point out that the numbers are not right :xf.frown:. Accurate data kills so many great stories!

Thank you to all who set the story straight. I guess.

Bob

•••
I wish it were true, since when I first read it I was all set to brag to my friends I owned more domains than Apple and Microsoft! :xf.cool:

But then various informed people point out that the numbers are not right :xf.frown:. Accurate data kills so many great stories!

Thank you to all who set the story straight. I guess.

Bob

We are always entitled to alternative facts ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back