NameSilo

conferences Getting the Most from NamesCon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
I’ve been attending conference for most of my working life and I’ve found that it’s a real skill to get the most out of an event like NamesCon. Although everyone will have their own style I thought that I’d share how I prepare and approach a major industry conference.

For a start, flying from Australia to Las Vegas isn’t cheap and combined with the jetlag at either end it’s really is a 10-day venture. To get a return on the investment of the direct costs and for my time I’ll want to make sure that I manage my time very carefully.

Before scheduling meetings, check the agenda. Nine times out of ten there will be a number of sessions that I will like to attend. Block these times out or you’ll find you can miss some great input that could potentially transform your business.
http://whizzbangsblog.com/article-archive/getting-the-most-from-namescon
Read More >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
On 12th October, i attend 2017 Namscon in Shanghai and learn a lot from the domain Summit. I will say it worth to attend.

•••
I’ve been attending conference for most of my working life and I’ve found that it’s a real skill to get the most out of an event like NamesCon. Although everyone will have their own style I thought that I’d share how I prepare and approach a major industry conference.

For a start, flying from Australia to Las Vegas isn’t cheap and combined with the jetlag at either end it’s really is a 10-day venture. To get a return on the investment of the direct costs and for my time I’ll want to make sure that I manage my time very carefully.

Before scheduling meetings, check the agenda. Nine times out of ten there will be a number of sessions that I will like to attend. Block these times out or you’ll find you can miss some great input that could potentially transform your business.
Read More >

Too many meetings

I'd just go with the flow and enjoy the experience if I went

I wouldn't fly half way round the world and miss the content of the conference because I had arranged too many meetings etc

But to be fair I'm not a fan of meetings as they can waste so much productivity which can be seen in big business

But good article tho

Most people can chat for 20 mins or so via socialmedia irrespective of time zones no flights required

•••
Great read, I hope to make its to a namescon one day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back