IT.COM

security TheDomains - Twitter has been #hacked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
@Thedomains twitter has been #hacked Do the following Go to @Thedomains profile page then clock the gear symbol for settings and Report the account and then click #HasBeenHacked. More people that do this the faster it will get resolved.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I've been Tweeting at @twittersupport trying to get their attention too. The DMs to them seem to go to an automated bot. I spoke with Mike personally this morning by telephone, and can vouch for the fact that his account has been hacked.

If folks retweet the tweets on my account related to the hacking -- http://twitter.com/GeorgeKirikos -- that might help get their attention

•••
Thank you George.

Hope it gets sorted quickly.

•••
Reported

My display is slightly different - instead of a gear icon it's three vertical dots for "More User Actions" mine is located immediately to the RIGHT of the "Follow" button
The "Report @ TheDomains" brought up a screen with "It appears their account is hacked" as one of the options.

•••
Reported

My display is slightly different - instead of a gear icon it's three vertical dots for "More User Actions" mine is located immediately to the RIGHT of the "Follow" button
The "Report @ TheDomains" brought up a screen with "It appears their account is hacked" as one of the options.

Correct on my iPhone I have gears, right next to profile picture and on laptop I have three vertical dots far right.

Attachments

• twitter.png
    twitter.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 65
  • twitter2.png
    twitter2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
•••
Reported

Yeah, I saw a difference to so I just posted a tweet w/a screenshot of how to, in case others are on their desktop and do not see gear icon...

https://twitter.com/MediaBrandingVP/status/944607150676037634

Retweet, so others can report this and we can get rid of that ugly face and get our #1 Domaining Blog back! :)

THe domains hacked 7.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
If the hacker of @thedomains over at twitter is you asking for private info on Mike (email, phone number, etc.), DON'T give it to him (just ignore the DMs, etc.).

From RAYMOND HACKNEY - https://www.thedomains.com/2017/12/23/psa-ignore-tweets

PSA: Ignore all tweets

DECEMBER 23, 2017 BY RAYMOND HACKNEY

Please ignore all tweets that came after the tweet at 1:01 am that said “test”from @TheDomains. The account has been hacked and the hacker is trying to pretend everything ok, saying we got it back. There will be a post when that’s accomplished, all tweets are not legit. Please report @TheDomains if you have time and click the box for

It appears their account is hacked
Thank you

•••
TheDomains.com has a new account for the time being until they take control of the original account from this scumbag.

Here is The Domains new twitter account
@thedomainscom
https://twitter.com/thedomainscom

And yes This has been verified by @GeorgeK and Ray, @equity78

Last edited:
•••
Bump so more people can continue to report

The holiday weekend timing is probably having an effect on how fast twitter is not responding. Curious if they have some sort of Auto-Freeze after X number of reports although that could be abused as well.

•••
It took them a while to recover Y a while back, their support is slow when it comes to this kind of stuff.

It’s not going anywhere, it’s a digital asset, Berkens has the resources to get it back one way or another, don’t pay this kid, or give him any intention, this is what he wants.

Just contact support, and ignore him. If one persons pays a ransom, he will expect others to do the same, and just escalate his taunting.

•••
Let's help recover his account.

Just in case you haven't enable two-factor, now is the time. Make difficult for these malicious users to hacked your account.

•••
It took them a while to recover Y a while back, their support is slow when it comes to this kind of stuff.

It’s not going anywhere, it’s a digital asset, Berkens has the resources to get it back one way or another, don’t pay this kid, or give him any intention, this is what he wants.

Just contact support, and ignore him. If one persons pays a ransom, he will expect others to do the same, and just escalate his taunting.

Too late, hacker got paid last night REF and didn't hand over the account.

Let's help recover his account.

Just in case you haven't enable two-factor, now is the time. Make difficult for these malicious users to hacked your account.

Yes everyone should enable two-factor on every social media account they use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc

•••
Too late, hacker got paid last night REF and didn't hand over the account.

Yes everyone should enable two-factor on every social media account they use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc
Who needs domains when you go can run eveything on social media? This is why, Twitter is known for being slow to give accounts back, unless you know someone who works there, or are a celeb.

Looks like age old argument is solved, stupid dipshit like this, some punk kid just wasting everyone’s time for no good reason, he’s got $50 for his happy meal fund now, these kind of people crave attention, don’t give it to him.

•••
The link @JagG mentioned is the Investigation thread, only found it after bumping this thread earlier, great to see some progress

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ne...hedomains-com-twitter-hacked-account.1056437/

ALSO put an alert and link to this thread in my sig line - here is the code:

Code:
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]Help STOP the Hackers! [/COLOR]
[URL='https://www.namepros.com/threads/thedomains-twitter-has-been-hacked.1056355/']
[COLOR=#0059b3]namepros.com/threads/thedomains-twitter-has-been-hacked[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Last edited:
•••
Done... I appeal to everyone to come forward to help recover account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back