Dynadot

TheDomainInvestors.com and DomainSecondhand.com is a scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For SEO and search engine purposes, let me restate that for the benefit of the community at large.

DomainSecondhand.com is a scam
"Human hand appraisals"
William Quigley (fake name) is a domain scammer
[email protected] is a scammer email address
Shirley M. Leurquin is a scam name
509-271-0875 is a scam phone number
This is a scam page: domaintalk.ourplace.com

Domain name: domainsecondhand.com?
Registrant Contact:
Perfect Privacy LLC
http://perfectprivacy.com
Fax: +1.4042608493
303 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/368466-scam-me-allen_asch-toughguy-net.html

http://snipurl.com/1ufn0

If you have been scammed by DomainSecondhand.com, dispute your changes to your credit card company immediately. Check the back of your card for the phone number. It usually takes 48 hours to process. Report it to your credit buereu if you gave them your credit card number!

If you have been SCAMMED BY DomainSecondhand.com, PLEASE contact their current payment processor at PLIMUS and let them know.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Also, contact their hosting company
[email protected]

THIS ORGANIZATION HAS BEEN SCAMMING PEOPLE FOR YEARS AND IT IS A BIG OPERATION. THIS IS NOT JUST ONE GUY. PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO OTHER FORUMS. TOGETHER WE CAN SHUT THESE GUYS DOWN.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know how this people get away with it for years and sad nobody is doing about it or complain their domains..

•••
is this person a scammer?

a few days ago i received a mail from this guy who calls himself Paulson

with a Url name thedomaininvestors .com He claims to be buying and selling domains and business projects.

i'll be glad with your views.

•••
Google search: domain appraisal scam.

•••
a few days ago i received a mail from this guy who calls himself Paulson

with a Url name thedomaininvestors .com.He claims to be buying and selling domains and business projects.

i'll be glad with your views.
Take a look at this.

•••
well listen bud yes the owner of Domainsecondhand.com is i-framing DNDBOARD.COM , but the question is why within the bunch of billions websites around he's iframing yours? anyways if its as you clams and you have nothing todo with the big fat scammer of Domainsecondhand.com , accept my sincere apology :] otherwise the owner of Domainsecondhand.com whatever is you or not ,should realy sit with him self and give a thought of everything he's doing and think if it's worth to do this for a bunch of dollars? robbing others money? is he realy comfy spending 'em ?! I dont think so , the guy who made this big joke Domainsecondhand.com is a sicko and needs to see a shrink .

First, Thank you Dear Sir(s), Madam(s).. excellent research!! awesome!! 1 Post and Bangg..
But..let me clarify something..

I am the owner of DNDBOARD.COM. Check the site and then (view the source)
And Now, please visit the scammer on this thread at Domainsecondhand.com (then check the source) . Please, check it out!

See the difference? Man, You should understand what is "frames" mean .. If the scammer(Domainsecondhand.com) fram-ing google.. im sure you will put google email and phone number..

Please, go back to previous page on this thread and see my post there.. "Domainsecondhand.com Framing My Site"..

And Now My question, You List My Name There.. That's Mean you accuse Me.. can you Tell me what is your methods and step until you can tell That i'm the scammer?

Mathieu_rz, You have demand to sue Me?
My answer: As long Im not doing something wrong,scamming people,kill people etc,etc.. I am Ready..

BTW, I can see you thread @ DP also:
a. forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=1611784 - Domain Appraisee's
b. forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=1580223 - scammer alert - [email protected]

You must really proud.. Thank you for your entertainment.

•••
Thank you all for sharing and making this forum included in google search results for 'thedomaininvestors' :)

•••
Is this a scam? Someone interested in buying my domain

Hello,

We buy and sell domains and web pr®jects. What is your price for the domain?

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Robert Warner

CEO

Warner Interenet Investment LLC

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
domainexplorer.org

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Is this just some big scam? I never heard of any domains being appraised through researchappraisals.com

•••
Yes, it's a scam - if you look through Warnings and Alerts - there is a huge
thread with these guys - different names throughout but all related.

•••
Still going strong...

Thank you to everyone here at namepros.com for this thread and the heads up. Below is the email I received today...
From mr Samuelson..

Very stupid. I have a buyer. Should I cancel the deal?

Very funny. I wanted to earn money on domain reselling and asked about proper letter in forums. People sent me this common email. It's clear that I'm not alone who is trying to make money on domain reselling. This is new risk free business on the domain aftermarket. You contact sellers and ask them to provide you with appraisals. Then you select the best names based on appraisal results and resell them. If you can promote domains non standard way or you have a good databsae of domain buyers it will bring you a good income. As a seller you'll get the appraised value - 15% (my commission). This is a win-win situation.

Unfortunately, some people think that we promote appraisal services. This is not true. I did not send you affiliate links or insisted on a particular appraisal service. All I need is a real manual appraisal not a bogus automated service. Sellers must provide us with appraisals so we can select the best names. I don't see something illegal in what we are doing since we spend our own money and time on promotion. If you try to sell domains without good potential you'll waste time and money. Moreover, I always order second appraisal myself to be sure in good potential of domain name.

I hope everything is clear now and we'll do business.

He does'nt give up eah.... :hi:>:(

Funny when I asked him to disappear from earth and leave my e-mail ..and he still tries. A businessman indeed..

Bengan

•••
Never buy an appraisal for some one who wants to buy your domain. If they are interested in buying the domain then they can get an appraisal where ever they like. If you want to do an appraisal for your self then that is different.

Free appraisal tools are very inaccurate. Just compare a domain at esibot and swift appraisal to see the difference. There could be as much as 30K difference between the 2. People who value their domains on these free appraisal are way off base most of the time.

Study the industry for awhile and get a feel of the business. You then can determine yourself roughly what a domain is worth. Beware of the domain appraisals here also. Check to see how long they have been a member and if they know what they are talking about. Some newbies pretend to be experts.

I'm no domain expert myself but have learned a lot by reading the information here and listening to the people who have been in the industry a long time. That does not guarantee they are good at it either though. Just like some people have driven a car for 20 years and still could not drive a stick up a dead dog's a**

If you hang around here awhile you can tell who knows what they are talking about and pay attention to their posts.

•••
I have received an offer from thedomaininvestors.com as well - I googled and find out that they are most likely scammers. saw this thread as well. Thanks NP!

•••
Thanks !

I had the same suspicion and googled him :)
Very nice of you posting this and helping others not to be frauded

regards!

•••
Had two of these emails from thedomaininvestors.com this morning alone. Both were for names I'd recently posted to sedo for parking, so I don't know if they're scanning sedo for new postings to get their lists or something.

It smelt fishy from the first email, then another from a different address (same domain) so I did a search and came across multiple posts mentioning these scammers.

•••
So glad I read up on this. I got his email this morning!

I don't usually play games, but these people are doing so wrong to others.

Thanks, everyone. They're messing with the wrong one today :].

•••
Now It's My Turn

This same dude contacted me with this;

[email protected]

Hello,

We buy and sell domains and web pr®jects. What is your price for the domain?

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Joe Obringer

CEO

Cybersquatters Strategies LLC

I thought it was serious and replied (no personal info given) and then got the same response about going to researchappraisals.com Once I saw the site I knew something was up. Google the domain and here I am adding my 2 cents, lol.

•••
~Yeah, I've had "stephen Hopkins" (prob fake name) also emailing me this crap from thedomaininvestors.com - knew it was B.S. Scam and told him so immediately.

•••
SCAM: Possible scam artist in the industry. Need your thoughts?

I received a few emails from [email protected] using the name Hopkins in regards to buying my domain web-help.net.

This person appears to use a form email that says

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

Now the first time I got this e-mail I thought it might be legitimate but I did not want to get an appraisal. So I offered the domain to them at $999. They replied back that they would only speak with me if I went to the above mentioned website and got an appraisal from one of the listed services.

I said for such a small figure sale of xxx I felt no need to spend low xxx on an appraisal. I said if it was a more expensive domain possible.

They replied back again referring me to the same website with the exact same form e-mail.

I then offered to take the domain to auction at sedo for $499 and they could see what happens. Again they replied back referring me to the same website with the same e-mail

I kinda thought at this point they were a scam so stopped communication.

Then I listed this domain on Bido.com with a buy it now of around $800.

I then got the same exact form e-mail from this person with one addition at the top.

Can you accept 4,000 USD?

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

Now why in the world would someone offer $4,000 for a domain I already offered to sell them at $999 and currently had listed at a buy it now for even less.

I think this company is running some sort of appraisal scam and wanted to warn other domainers.

Any thoughts on this person or company or this "possible" scam.

CC

•••
•••
•••
Well it is for sure a scam and I hope this post lets others realize this so they do not waste their time or worse their money with these idiots.

CC

•••
I assume an idiot does something that doesn't profit them in any way, but they do it anyways. If this is true, then they're not idiots..their scheme DOES work and they know what they're doing.

They are CONS and, yes, they're a**h***s. Glad you didn't get ripped off...good searching on your part.

•••
I have been selling domains for 10 years so I have a sense for things that seem "not right". I just wanted to make sure that any new domainers that frequent these forms see this post and do not fall into the scam.

I say idiot because he can not even run his scam properly. He offered me more for the domain then I offered it to him for? That qualifies as a idiot who can not even scam properly.

•••
I say idiot because he can not even run his scam properly. He offered me more for the domain then I offered it to him for? That qualifies as a idiot who can not even scam properly.

:] They know what they are doing. People fall for that and assume it is an oversight on their part and then take the higher offer.

If a new domainer, or ignorant domainer, is unsure or not if it is a scam or not that they are getting an offer from these guys, then this higher offer the cons present may push the domainer into not thinking clearly and falling for the scam since all they are thinking is profiting off their own domain. And who doesn't want to make money?

This kind of scam is not special only to domaining, it works in the real estate business/buying and selling of cars/(stocks)..etc etc. It's the real world..only cyberized!

GL.

•••
LOL.. true... still I hope this scum falls into a nigerian river and floats away.. or a river in what ever country they are based out of.

•••
LOL.. true... still I hope this scum falls into a nigerian river and floats away.. or a river in what ever country they are based out of.

:sold:on your thought. Take care!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back