IT.COM

Thecoding.org or thecoding.info ,Which will be good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theanshusingh

Established Member
Impact
I want to create a coding and programming related blog/website just like

Geeksforgeeks.org
I am not able to decide whether to use
Thecoding.org or thecoding.info ,as both looks great...

I want to build it like a programming specific trusted brand.

Please suggest me your opinion as it will help me judge properly.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just as a fellow community member and dude who has built a few sites, both of those domains are kind of garbage. Not trying to hurt feelings but I'd rather you hear it from us before building up a big platform on a domain like those.

Find a .com and save yourself

•••
.org is tons times better. Is .net available? Would be yet tons times better than .org.

Also .io is great for this niche, although expensive.

•••
com, then org, then net, then info

I agree with what was said above...com is the way to go especially if targeting the US for business. With the two options you offer, I would use the .org

•••
Yeh I like the .org for this name, a better fit than the .info, particularly if you are looking for collaboration within the site. Whereas the .info would be like a stand-alone brochure.

•••
•••
I am not keen on the two proposed (if really forced to choose one it would be the .org, but I, as others have already said, think you should look further.)

I would for your target audience try to find a word that is meaningful to coders but not that common in everyday language. I would want the name to feel memorable and significant to coders. Like I am not a coder so these are not good and I have no idea if available but to demonstrate what I mean StackAvenue, ScriptStreet, CompiledCode, MatrixMatters, LogicalLessons etc.

In terms of extensions, I would choose .org or if not that .dev (I know many would not agree on latter, but it seems real code developers are adopting it and know it).

Best wishes for your project!

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I would not use a .org, nor an .info for a brand. Instead, I would spend 2-3 hours listing 50-200 alternative .com names in .com and then do a bulk search. Just use a lot of imagination!

This is how I did when I recently created a name for a future villa and garden project. My initial name idea was “little paradise”, but littleparadise (dot) com is obviously taken. Then I made a long list of alternatives and smallutopia.com turned out to be the best one available. I instantly bought it for 8 dollars. ;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back