domain Success Rate of thecoding.org???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theanshusingh

Established Member
Impact
I have now decided to create a programming and coding blog on my domain name...

www.thecoding.org

I want to teach programming to aspiring programmer and computer science student on this website.
I want to make it complete resource that any programmer or CSE student need in their entire course.
(Just like the Wikipedia of web, as an example.)

What do you think about the success rate of this website???

Please give your suggestion as this will help me to take correct decision before it's too late.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your success rate is directly correlated to the effort you put into the project. There are a million resources for helping programmers. What's going to make you stand out?

Hint: It's not the domain, because the domain is pretty bad.

•••
You have your work cut out for you. The internet has many authority websites in the same category. They have been around for a long, long time and have backlinks you will never compare to. Good luck getting high search engine rankings.

IMHO, the amount of time and effort and money you will have to put into such a site to get it ranked well makes it not worth the effort especially seeing how it will be hard to monetize it such a site.

•••
You have your work cut out for you. The internet has many authority websites in the same category. They have been around for a long, long time and have backlinks you will never compare to. Good luck getting high search engine rankings.

IMHO, the amount of time and effort and money you will have to put into such a site to get it ranked well makes it not worth the effort especially seeing how it will be hard to monetize it such a site.
I think once I will have my website good reputation in this field, then Adsense will be enough to get out all the revenue

•••
Have you researched what ads Adsense will show on such a site and what the revenue per click will be?

Not all sites are good for Adsense revenue because each niche has a different CTR for adsense ads and ads shown could be very low CPC therefore low revenue per click.

Adsense is not the cash cow some people want to think it is.

I think once I will have my website good reputation in this field

What is your plan? What is your strategy? Are you an SEO guru? Or do you have $500+/mo to pay a reputable SEO firm? This is a saturated niche.

I'm not trying to poo-poo your idea for the sake of it. I am trying to get you to think realistically.

•••
Have you researched what ads Adsense will show on such a site and what the revenue per click will be?

Not all sites are good for Adsense revenue because each niche has a different CTR for adsense ads and ads shown could be very low CPC therefore low revenue per click.

Adsense is not the cash cow some people want to think it is.

What is your plan? What is your strategy? Are you an SEO guru? Or do you have $500+/mo to pay a reputable SEO firm? This is a saturated niche.

I'm not trying to poo-poo your idea for the sake of it. I am trying to get you to think realistically.
Actually, I myself is a CSE Undergraduate student, and I am very keen to create one programming related website. Could you please suggest some idea,
Whether I go with this name or choose something else like

Geeksforgeeks.org
Studytonight.com
The crazy programmer.com

Or something else that you have in mind!

•••
I personally like geeksforgeeks best.

•••
•••
"code" is not the only word you can use for such a site. Do your research into the various words such sites use in their domains.

This will allow you to choose the most optimal domain. I would go with .com and not us the word "the".

Last edited:
•••
What do you think about the success rate of this website???

I think you are a very capable programmer. Unfortunately, there is tough competition out there. (Lynda, Udemy, etc)

If you would like to teach others because you have a passion for it then I suggest teaching local high school students one on one.

If you are looking at this as a business opportunity then realize it will be a LOT of work and an uphill battle.

•••
"code" is not the only word you can use for such a site. Do your research into the various words such sites use in their domains.

This will allow you to choose the most optimal domain. I would go with .com and not us the word "the".
I have come up with one good .com domain
Stack+6letter meaningful word (is it advisable???)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back