Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just imagine this picture with Donald instead of Hillary. The Liberal Media would go apesh*t over Russian collusion
Lavrov-Hillary-Reset-button-FABRICE-COFFRINIAFPGetty--420x315.jpg

•••
CNN reporter and Trump Rep having a big blow up on TV, can't watch it lol

•••

” Miller said. “That you think only people from Great Britain or Australia would speak English is so insulting to millions of hardworking immigrants who do speak English from all over the world. Jim, have you honestly never met an immigrant from another country who speaks English outside of Great Britain and Australia? Is that your personal experience?”

CNN doesn't know Pakistan, India, many countries in Africa, Philippines, China, Japan and half a dozen others teach English in primary school.

•••
How to fix Immigration from Mexico, Central and South America.

Award visa with a full college scholarships, including housing, a stipend and help finding intern jobs for degrees in engineering and medical fields for students in top 3% of their class.

Limit class choices to those in their chosen major, business and political classes taught by entrepreneurs, business owners and political leaders, not communist d-bags.

Sports and community participation encouraged, liberal art classes forbidden.

In return, students agree to return home and work in their profession for at least 25 years. Students who don't complete or fail to keep a 3.0 GPA are sent home and ineligible to return for 25 years.

These young professionals would take with them a network of contacts and social connections that would help them improve their country and become leaders.

We get stable, growing trade partners.

The only thing that sets USA apart from Mexico is our constitution and their tolerance for corruption.

Last edited:
•••
Is this it?

Jim Acosta thinks the sun shines out of his ass... Kept on interrupting Miller. Typical of Liberals. What does he want... open borders like the EU? Just let in every Tom Dick and Harry from the rest of the world? The immigrants of yesteryear are very very different to most of the freeloaders of today. And what's the problem with speaking English?

•••
” Miller said. “That you think only people from Great Britain or Australia would speak English is so insulting to millions of hardworking immigrants who do speak English from all over the world. Jim, have you honestly never met an immigrant from another country who speaks English outside of Great Britain and Australia? Is that your personal experience?”

CNN doesn't know Pakistan, India, many countries in Africa, Philippines, China, Japan and half a dozen others teach English in primary school.
Here in Europe every student has to learn a second language... which is usually English.

What an ignorant and arrogant reporter. Miller showed a lot of patience in dealing with him.
Trump had no such patience for this POS...

•••

If you carefully listen to what both of them are saying, Miller's taking Acosta's statements completely out of context and twisting his words to fit his own message. Acosta simply asked if requiring immigrants to speak English first was in keeping with American values.

Some other countries teach English in school, but that opportunity isn't available everywhere.

I don't know about others here, but I had relatives who didn't speak English when they first got here. They learned, they became citizens, they served their country...

•••
If you carefully listen to what both of them are saying, Miller's taking Acosta's statements completely out of context and twisting his words to fit his own message. Acosta simply asked if requiring immigrants to speak English first was in keeping with American values.

Some other countries teach English in school, but that opportunity isn't available everywhere.

I don't know about others here, but I had relatives who didn't speak English when they first got here. They learned, they became citizens, they served their country...

The entire exchange, Acosta claims / ask if only people form AU and UK would be allowed to immigrate. Stupid argument that shows Acosta's bias.

AU, Canada and UK all have similar immigration requirements. Nothing wrong with requiring immigrants to have a skill.

Still plenty of room to negotiate for others / numbers / etc.

•••
Weird how Black Progressives are suddenly concerned about black unemployment. I wonder why?

•••

"Jim, do you really not know the difference between legal and illegal immigration?"

Why is Acosta allowed to hijack every press conference with uniformed, political rants.

Last edited:
•••
Miller Clashes With NYT Reporter Over Immigration Plan

"We'll make a carve out in the bill so the NYT can hire low wage replacement workers and see how you feel then" - I couldn't have said it better, except when did IT managers, workers become low skilled?

•••
I have a close friend who is a Computer wizard in Networking and repairing, that applied to immigrate LEGALLY to the US 15 years ago (he was 38 at the time). 10 years later his application was accepted. By then he had given up hope and started his own successful business here in Madeira.

Oh and BTW, like so many people here, he spoke excellent English as well as Italian and Spanish, besides his native Portuguese.

In the meantime how many millions entered the US ILLEGALLY during those 10 years? And of those millions I'll bet the majority had no skills and I'll place another bet that a pretty high % of them are getting social benefits and food stamps etc. Besides voting for the Democrats what has the US gained with all these freeloaders? Mind you it's a lot worse here in the EU thanks to Frau Merkel.
20160818_merkel1.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Whataboutism again (sigh). Reporter asked a question very politely. About immigrants and immigration requirements. He got a rude runaround and verbally attacked for it. He mentioned a couple of countries where English is a primary language to make a point - not necessary to cite the entire list of countries where it's a common 2nd language, it's a press conference not a state department test. FFS.

Just because you don't like the reporter or the organization he works, for doesn't justify such an unprofessional response from someone representing the country's top elected official.

Interesting choice of terms "cosmopolitan" - isn't that white supremacist code for "Jewish?" If so, badly misplaced since I believe his parents are Cuban immigrants.

(Or is "cosmopolitan bias" what happens when you get tipsy after having a few too many cosmopolitans?)

Related question: Why do so many in other countries take pride in speaking multiple languages, yet the US education system and overall culture seems to view language studies as an afterthought at best? Very few in this country are even marginally bilingual unless raised where another language was spoken in the home

Wow - On Breitbart, no less!
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...-authoritarianism-are-staring-us-in-the-face/

Last edited:
•••
Interesting choice of terms "cosmopolitan" - isn't that white supremacist code for "Jewish?"

Raise your hand if you are surprised that it is an old Russian propaganda term:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootless_cosmopolitan

Rootless cosmopolitan (Russian: безродный космополит, bezrodnyi kosmopolit) was a pejorative label used during the anti-Semitic campaign in the Soviet Union after World War II.[1] Cosmopolitans were intellectuals who were accused of expressing pro-Western feelings and lack of patriotism. The term "rootless cosmopolitan" referred to Jewish intellectuals. It was popularized during the campaign in a Pravda article condemning a group of theatrical critics.

In 1943 a new propaganda campaign of Russian patriotism began, with many well-known writers, composers and artists writing articles about patriotism in literature and the arts. At the same time the "worship" of foreign culture was denounced.[3] Stalin, in a meeting with Soviet intelligentsia in 1946, voiced his concerns about recent developments in Soviet culture, which later would materialize in the "battle against cosmopolitanism".

•••
Mind you it's a lot worse here in the EU thanks to Frau Merkel.

Gilsan, while I am not optimistic about obtaining a considered response from you, I'd be curious to know what this diagram suggests about the German population:

GM_popgraph%202016.bmp

That is what is called a "population pyramid". It is usually called that because for most countries, it tends to be fatter on the bottom and skinnier at the top. It shows the distribution of population by age. Germany's population pyramid, like several other Western countries, is not pyramid shaped. It's not even rectangular shaped. It is very skinny at the bottom compared to higher ages.

Now, you may notice that the peak population age in Germany is in the 50-54 age bracket - which is almost DOUBLE the size of the 10-14 age bracket.

Given that population distribution, what would you predict is going to happen to Germany ten years from now when the size of the population entering retirement age is double the size of the population entering the job market?

If Germany's population pyramid stays that shape (i.e. the lines move up with the "skinny at the bottom" trend continuing), then the German economy is going to crash.

While this may not be obvious to you, or many others here, people give birth to babies. They do not give birth to young adults.

In the face of an obviously-developing economic crisis implied by the German population pyramid, Germany has two stark choices, either:

(a) figure out how to give birth to young adults - A LOT OF THEM, or

(b) get them from somewhere else.

Which of those alternatives seems like a better plan?

Last edited:
•••
And, for purposes of comparison to Germany, this is what the US population pyramid looks like:

united-states-population-pyramid-2016.gif

•••
(a) figure out how to give birth to young adults - A LOT OF THEM, or

(b) get them from somewhere else.

Which of those alternatives seems like a better plan?

Would be nice if the largest group of people they're inviting weren't famous for their antisemitism. I mean what could go wrong?

Neither Acosta or Miller walked away from their exchange looking better.

•••
this is what the US population pyramid looks like:

Maybe we should consider making it harder, not easier to kill 500,000 babies every year.

Last edited:
•••
Reporter asked a question very politely. About immigrants and immigration requirements.

I don't think we were watching the same press conference.

Last edited:
•••
Related question: Why do so many in other countries take pride in speaking multiple languages, yet the US education system and overall culture seems to view language studies as an afterthought at best? Very few in this country are even marginally bilingual unless raised where another language was spoken in the home

1) Countries in EU are smaller than many states in the US. Speaking 2 or 3 languages is a necessity.

2) Most countries teach English b/c that is the language of commerce.

3) More people are learning Chinese now b/c their economy is growing.

I studied French ( the teach was hot! ), my daughter studied Spanish. How often do you think I've needed French?

I think it's less about culture and more about practicality.

Last edited:
•••
Neither Trump or Clinton were qualified to be President. You can thank cable news and alphabet media networks for trying so hard to manipulate American voters.

•••
I'm a language geek and not the first one in my family - I speak passable Spanish and German, can at least find the bathroom and order a beer (maybe not in that order ;) ) in several others. As a courtesy, I will try to at least say a few nicities to someone in their primary language, if I know it.

It's useful to be able to read another language especially you read any foreign-sourced material - sometimes things aren't translated right or the publisher will provide different content for different audiences (very common to have different English content on the Russian news sites). Or of course if you travel or otherwise meet with people whose first language is not English.

I'd love to learn Mandarin, but with it being a tonal language (the same sound spoken in a different tone can have VERY different meanings), that's not one I'd attempt without the help of someone who speaks it as a first language to provide constant feedback!

mr-x said:
I don't think we were watching the same press conference.

The question was asked between 0:22 to 0:48 - what did you feel was impolite about that?

Last edited:
•••
The question was asked between 0:22 to 0:48 - what did you feel was impolite about that?

Question was in a measured tone but Acosta refused to let Miller answer. Who asks a question then talks over the answer? Someone who doesn't care what the answer is.

Both participants looked bad. Would have liked an honest Q&A about why the President thinks cutting legal immigration is a good idea instead of the racist insinuations from both men.

Krauthammer's Take: Skills-Based Immigration Is a "No-Brainer"

Steyn said over 60 countries have English as on official language including Rwanda adding “the idea that this is some pasty white man’s language is so deranged."

Last edited:
•••
Question was in a measured tone but Acosta refused to let Miller answer. Who asks a question then talks over the answer? Someone who doesn't care what the answer is.

He was frustrated because his question wasn't being answered, so it escalated. Then it turned into two boys having a pissing match.

Both participants looked bad. Would have liked to hear an honest Q&A about why the President thinks cutting legal immigration is a good idea instead of the racist insinuations from both men.

Agreed. Too many of these events have been turning into a circus, instead of real answers and level headed discussion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back