IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just look at there forum to see how much interest there is in dot tel,same people posting all the time.

•••
Soon the landrush domains are going to be renewed or dropped as the initial 3-year term is coming to an end.
Will be interesting to watch the figures.
Time flies.

•••
looks like they have banned me again for speaking my mind on the state of dot tel on telnic forum..lol

•••

I'm renewing the premiums and allowing the rest to drop.

In fact, most of mine have dropped by now.

It is what it is, which is to say that .tel is "not much"--a TLD that was approved 10 years too late.

•••
It is what it is, which is to say that .tel is "not much"--a TLD that was approved 10 years too late.

Their problem is that they released .tel exactly as they would have 10 years prior. They should have sat back and said "Okay, we finally got this thing approved 10 years later, but the internet has changed. So we can't launch our 10-year-old idea and expect it to float. So hypothetically speaking, if we had been able to launch 10 years ago, how would the service have progressed over these years? What would it look like today? That is what we need it to look like on launch day."

•••
•••

I totally agree here.

Three years ago, I thought that Telnic was going to do just that, but as far as I can see, nothing has progressed.

It's too bad.

Their problem is that they released .tel exactly as they would have 10 years prior. They should have sat back and said "Okay, we finally got this thing approved 10 years later, but the internet has changed. So we can't launch our 10-year-old idea and expect it to float. So hypothetically speaking, if we had been able to launch 10 years ago, how would the service have progressed over these years? What would it look like today? That is what we need it to look like on launch day."

•••

I totally agree here.

Three years ago, I thought that Telnic was going to do just that, but as far as I can see, nothing has progressed.

It's too bad.

They made their $'s and moved on.

Wonder how many staff they had on launch day compared to today.

My guess,today 20% of what they had on launch day and perhaps that is over generous.

IMHO .xxx will go the same way only likely to be quicker.

•••
I only have one now, and I'll keep it
city name - never had a lot of them to begin withand them all go last year.

•••
Anyone want this one for $50

TravelAgents.tel

•••
:tu:
Rep left for this great post Dub! Too bad companies don't work like this anymore. Nowadays everything seems to be based on "How much quick $$$ can we make! We'll worry about the rest later!"

•••
IMO, the stupid thing they do is that they advertise themselves on each .tel domain. They have to remove the "powered by" and the "search"!

•••
what do think about QW.TEL and PAL.TEL this is the name of PALTEL in Palestine ?!

•••
Oh well I got banned again for calling the main guy a muppet on there forum

I can live with that

•••
We are now in March and the landrush domains are coming up for renewal. Should expect a sharp drop in registrations.

•••
We are now in March and the landrush domains are coming up for renewal. Should expect a sharp drop in registrations.

Very sharp drop!

•••
For what it's worth, dotTEL needs to be reinvented. Here's one possible concept for a dotTEL makeover:

With hub based, centralized social network giants absorbing our data, images and user generated content, it's time for someone to come up with a Peer To Peer Social Network platform. Think of it as Napster style social networking.

Put a few brilliant coders and social network savants in a room and let them brainstorm how to reinvent dotTEL by incorporating the best of all social network hubs into a P2P compliant, portable, modular social network.

This would take the form of a decentralized, dotTEL template based network in which end users would maintain complete ownership and control of all user generated content. Portability would allow end users to "plug-in" or "unplug" from any compliant P2P social network on a modular basis.
When all is said and done, what would emerge would be a social network structure in which end users have all the power and control.

In addition, as an improvement over "800/877/866" toll free numbers, dotTEL could be programmed so that dotTEL domain owners could choose to render the underlying phone number completely transparent - just like ip numbers are to dotCOM domain names. Then dotTEL will be the phone number - not just a link to a phone number. Of course, if dialing a specific dotTEL would result in charges of any kind (i.e., "976" numbers), a dialog box would appear with a warning. One final thought, how about incorporating voice recognition technology into a toll free "800" number or VOIP hub that would allow dotTEL domain names to be voice dialed from landlines or pay phones?

Put these concepts together, join forces with a major mobile provider and you've got a viable dotTEL for the 21st century! :talk:

Last edited:
•••
Well I just renewed my only geo .tel - for another year - not that it earned it :p

•••
I've seen some pickups and renewals on those updates.

New templates are pending as well.

At least they're still spending on the product.

:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I've seen some pickups and renewals on those updates.

New templates are pending as well.

At least they're still spending on the product.

:kickass:

That almost nobody wants?

What sales of significance have there been?

•••
That almost nobody wants?

300,000 Buys so far. That's more than one can say about alot of other tld's.

What sales of significance have there been?

Who's selling anything significant ?

;)

•••
•••
•••
300,000 Buys so far. That's more than one can say about alot of other tld's.
Roughly as many as in .name, another successful TLD :)

I'm not selling, can't make the charts !
Of course .tel domains don't sell.
People wouldn't take them for free :red:

The landrush domains are now coming up for renewal, I mean drop... :sick:
hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2012.php

Anybody want to make predictions for early June when the purge is over ?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Anyone make projects or hear about projects that are interesting and/or successful using .tel?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back