IT.COM

discuss The .School

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Instrma

Established Member
Impact
Hello bros,

3rd of june the GA of .school, what you think ?

I think it might work not only for schools, possible for any educational site.

Plus i really hate Donuts

Share your thoughts

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I also hate Donuts because.. 1) their extensions are overpriced.. 2) too many reserved names.. 3) stupid auctions for multiple applicants.. 4) Sunrise.. 5) Early Access Program rip offs.. and 6) the whole thing is rigged with Donuts with every release.

•••
They'll succeed or fail depending on how they price the renewals and premiums. Some of the current GTLDs are charging premium renewal fees and they won't be doing that for long when they realize they don't have that much people interested in their extension.

•••
Donuts is better than RightSide. I feel safer registering with Donuts. They have already made some profit with other gTLDs like tips and today.

•••
Donuts is better than RightSide. I feel safer registering with Donuts. They have already made some profit with other gTLDs like tips and today.

But another worry with donuts is they have too many extentions which likely have not made them any profit due to extremely low registration numbers. They have too many ngtlds.

•••
Not a big fan but I wanted at least one. Reged -- GED .school ;)

•••

Honestly I think Donuts and RightSide are the same thing, just corporate shell game. They certainly partner together on enough stuff that they may as well.

For example, Donuts has a program where you can pay to protect your trademark on all gTLDs they control, but it actually is RightSide that does the software.

But what happens when Donuts then transfers domains to RightSide which they have done several times?

What you paid to Donuts no longer covers those domains, you have to pay more money to RightSide for the protection.

They are different LLCs but I suspect they are under the same control and it is a corporate shell game sham.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back