NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well it's not impossible to start showing up on google for good keywords in .pro. As of late it seems to be taking off and for such huge keywords like sail and sailing I think it's a good sign.

searches.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/searches.jpg

•••
Glad to see it Ben42! content goes a long way these days.

•••
Those are good stats, Ben!

my Guard.pro domain, its parked, NEVER developed or advertised... received 2,368 uniques (according to Sedo) in past 12 months. I don't know how or why or where...

•••
GuardPro.com - Developed website and potential end user.

•••
Invisiontech is the traffic coming from a certain

Last edited:
•••
My only .pro domain is -

NearFieldCommunication.Pro

27,000 exacts a month, not sure what it might be worth!

Cheers

•••
•••
Reporting a sale

Reporting a sale

I sold telephone.pro for 1.5K private sale :sold:

•••
•••
i think i would have held out for more
+ 1

but congratz
+1

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

At this time, there are 3 more dot ones pro at SEDO auctions:

- Business.pro => http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=124755

- Rise.pro => http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=124671

- Communications.pro => http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=124728

:snaphappy:

•••
Hope Business.pro gets a few more bids.

•••
I personally wouldn't have left rise or communications.pro go to auction for a hundred bucks as although its great to see activity on Sedo. Typically we haven't seen a lot of bidding action on these auctions.

•••
•••
under the business.pro listing it says:

Offer Description

BUSINESS.COM sold for $350 Million!! Develop this name, get good SEO ranking and make lots of money!!! SEDO appraised this domain name for $10,000.

I realize pro is an alternate extension, but the potential for this domain is big! .pro is making huge strides at getting out into the broader market as more people are becoming aware of the extension. It's all good. :)

ps. what if you wanted to trump the competition what would be the real value of owning business.pro? I think business is a generic enough word to do it with. Tell me if i'm wrong but i don't think there should be any issues with developing the pro version here.

Last edited:
•••
•••
so where would domains like these value out if this tld pics up?

YELLOWPAGE.PRO
VIRGINIABEACH.PRO
OUTERBANKS.PRO
NAGSHEAD.PRO
MYRTLEBEACH.PRO
MARRIAGE.PRO
KITTYHAWK.PRO
DAYCARE.PRO
CHILDCARE.PRO

•••
YELLOWPAGE.PRO

This one will probably be a trade mark headache for you one day

MARRIAGE one my fav, possible marriage counseler use. Most sellable one i would think. Goodluck

•••
•••
•••
+ 1

+1

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

At this time, there are 3 more dot ones pro at SEDO auctions:

- Business.pro => http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=124755

:snaphappy:

Last 20 minutes for Business.pro

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

10 minutes left -

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

last 1 minute

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

No new bid -

BUSINESS.PRO US$4600 Sedo

•••
Looks like people are making offers on .pros that take there interest and sellers are taking a punt hoping for more bidders.
Really surprised business sold at that price. If this had been in the godaddy or snapnames auctions I'd have thought it would have raised more.

•••
Last 20 minutes for Business.pro

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

10 minutes left -

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

last 1 minute

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

No new bid -

BUSINESS.PRO US$4600 Sedo

Following the link to the winning bid it shows a second bid from some one else.

Did anyone watch to see if this got picked off in the last minute or did someone not want to let go of it at that price and a friendly buyer came along:|

I see a 3 hour or so difference I think on the bids...still a second bid

•••
4,6k is way too low IMO for this keyword.
dot co 80k; dot me 50k ; dot tv 100k.

Even though dot pro is still behind these4,6k is unacceptable IMO. I HOPE it was a friendly bidder.

offtopic: dot com sold for 150k in '97 and re-sold in '99 for 7,5mil. makes me laugh

•••
~$5K is the resale price, not for end user.

•••
If people are coming in and buying .pros on Sedo they are surely searching for 'em...as we know to find a .pro results don't just pop up on regular sedo search requests.

Great to see the PR posted on behalf of registry.pro on the Godaddy auction which suggests there will be another upcoming auction. Hopefully that will bring a larger marketing push a long with it. The last one was certainly fun even if I came out with just a wee.pro!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back