Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
drjawed said:
steveteva said:
Are you selling these? I could be interested PM me.

I thought you had already quitted .pro for .tel. :D

Wow nice find in my previous post. Yes I quit but I'm now focussing on pure GEO city in any TLD and someone post something that I can be interested not because it was .pro could be .biz .net... depending of my $$$ pocket too.
 
0
•••
Quitting pro for tel reminds me of that saying "from the frying pan to the fire" :D

I'll stick to .pro, tyvm, .tel can go back to 1888 :lol:

We use cellphones/mobilephones now mostly (and no, this is not a vote for .mobi)... and i've always had a contact page on all my sites.
 
0
•••
I regged one .tel, literally One.tel, but I prefer .pro. With .pro you get a unique combination of keyword availability, gTLD status, goodness of fit breadth, and wow factor. Unfortunately, you also get a registry that's done virtually nothing to promote .pro in 5 years, high reg fees, no sales channel, and hobbling restrictions but all the negatives can be changed.
 
0
•••
akcampbell said:
I regged one .tel, literally One.tel, but I prefer .pro.
You should have grabbed pro.tel then :)

akcampbell said:
Unfortunately, you also get a registry that's done virtually nothing to promote .pro in 5 years, high reg fees, no sales channel, and hobbling restrictions but all the negatives can be changed.
True but... what about other registries. I wonder how much .coop .museum .aero etc have been promoted by their respective registries.
 
0
•••
sdsinc said:
True but... what about other registries. I wonder how much .coop .museum .aero etc have been promoted by their respective registries.

.coop, .museum and .aero have no commercial potential so the lack of promotion is less significant. The appeal of .pro is obvious, that's why it gets speculated on, talked about, and added to the end of keywords in .com domains.

If somebody with an IQ of 70 stacks shelves, it's not worthy of comment but if somebody with an IQ of 150 smokes dope and watches TV all day, the wastefulness is more galling.
 
0
•••
If anybody would like to track the total number of .pros registered in the last 12 months, I have plotted it on Total.pro.

I'm going to develop Total.pro as a .pro stats, information, and news site, and a showcase for my .pro domains and development projects.
 
0
•••
akcampbell said:
If anybody would like to track the total number of .pros registered in the last 12 months, I have plotted it on Total.pro.

I'm going to develop Total.pro as a .pro stats, information, and news site, and a showcase for my .pro domains and development projects.
Amazing efforts! Every time I think I've said enough about you, you prove otherwise. That executives from the Registry can continue to cash unearned paychecks, while you do their jobs, is all too symptomatic of the times, and all so damn inexcusable. Thank you....
 
0
•••
akcampbell said:
If anybody would like to track the total number of .pros registered in the last 12 months, I have plotted it on Total.pro.

I'm going to develop Total.pro as a .pro stats, information, and news site, and a showcase for my .pro domains and development projects.

I think this site is a great initiative to promote .pro .
What about stats from Nov 08 till now?

And well done!

----------------------------------------------
Does anybody know of a good END-USER email example that I can use?
 
0
•••
In the next couple weeks, I'm going to need some US-based beta testers that will help test one of my DOT PRO sites. Hopefully this is functionality that will help your life and that can you use for many years beyond the beta test. If you live in the US and want to help beta test, please shoot me a PM with your email. I will email you later this week when I get a better idea about the timeframe of the beta test. Thank you. George
 
0
•••
b2b said:
What about stats from Nov 08 till now?

There is a time lage of about 3-4 months for .pro Registry Operator Reports. They only go up to Nov 08 at the moment. I'd like produce stats on a day by day basis but I don't know if that will be possible, I will look into it.
 
0
•••
Nice work Campbell. I used to go look at their reports, but this will be much easier. It is too bad ICANN gives them the 4 month delay, otherwise it would be even better.

Still, I love seeing that upswing once they released some of the restrictions. Very Nice!
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
Wow nice find in my previous post. Yes I quit but I'm now focussing on pure GEO city in any TLD and someone post something that I can be interested not because it was .pro could be .biz .net... depending of my $$$ pocket too.
I thought I heard somebody say geo ...

COLUMBUSOHIO.PRO (strong search volume)

will be up for sale soon along with a few others ...

ESSAYS

SOCCER EQUIPMENT

Could anyone offer any thoughts on value. This is the only thread that would know.

One more thing please. Where's your favorite place to sell Pros?
 
0
•••
RegistryPro updated their site...
Looks like they trying to promote .Pro :blink:

But their Whois stopped working after they forwarded it to Hostway.com :bah:
 
0
•••
Another thoughts:
I saw that GoDaddy.com and other popular registrars offering .JOBS domains.
.JOBS is also restricted gTLD and have validation process like .Pro
(you need to be HR-related and etc...)
I think if godaddy will offer .Pro registrations it will be much better for .Pro development in whole.
 
0
•••
IMHO .jobs is even more stupid than .tel :hehe:

.pro is cool. When I show a .pro domain/site to somebody, they always say:

- "Oh! I didn't know that .pro existed, but it sounds so coooool!" :wave:
 
0
•••
RegistryPro have to do a combination of things for .pro to make progress; remove restrictions, cut reg fees in line with other gTLD's, and sell through big registrars like Godaddy.

.jobs is proof that being sold through Godaddy alone is no guarantee of success. .jobs is restricted with high reg fees and virtually no developed sites, sound familiar?

RegistryPro has made no progress developing .pro in 4-5 years because they are blocking .pro's natural web developer and entrepreneur customer base with restrictions.

Professionally licensed people tend to work for big organisations who have their own web site, they work long hours so they don't have much time to learn web design, and they are risk averse so they are the least likely people to switch from .com or their ccTLD.

Getting people to switch from .com to .pro is like getting settlers to move west in the US in the 1860s. It wasn't doctors, lawyers and accountants who moved first, it was dispossessed workers, people who didn't have any land or in .pro's case a professional license or good .coms. I found this on Yahoo Answers to explain why settlers moved west in the 1860s;

"Land was at a great price so if you wanted your own land this was usually the best way to get it. Adventure drew many, starting anew also was a big factor. You could start a business and have little competition. And also settled land was getting a bit overpopulated (not to mention expensive) so moving enabled you to have some elbow room. And Gold drew tons of people both within the country and globally. But that was really just a flash in the pan."

This pretty much sums up why I switched from .com to .pro; .pro had a vast expanse of cheap land, I missed the .com boom, there was less competition for premium keywords, and very occasionally you strike gold, for me that was getting offered domains like London.pro or Salon.pro for $150 and picking up keywords that were made for .pro like Office.pro, Mobile.pro and Studio.pro.

Getting .pro sold through Godaddy would help but until Registry.pro understand what they are selling and who they can sell it to, .pro's vast reserves of brand value and credibility will remain untapped.

One of the ironies of alternative extensions is the more intrinsically valuable an extension is, the more clueless the registry looking after it is. .mobi is the ugliest least brandable alternative extension on paper but mTLD did a brilliant job promoting it. .pro is exceptional on paper but has been shackled by 4-5 years of incompetence and inaction by RegistryPro.
 
0
•••
I'm planning to add a .pro registrar reg fee check and star rating to Total.pro. I have a provisional star rating based on price checks, my own experience and comments on NamePro.

I want to be as fair as possible to the registrars so please can you post a short summary of your experience. Here are the six candidates;

1) Encirca
2) Hostway
3) Network Solutions
4) Gandi.net
5) OVH.com
6) DomainPeople

I'm keen to know if anybody has successfully transferred .pros between any of these registrars. Hostway has the cheapest reg fee but has anybody managed to reg a .pro with them? What can you do with DNS management at Encirca that you can't do with other registrars and why would you need to do it? If you don't want other people reading your comments, please send a PM. I'm keen to hear from anybody who has used OVR and Gandi, in particular.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
".com is for amateurs"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


When you said "OVR.com", you mean "OVH.com", don't you? :)
 
0
•••
Yes, I meant OVH, they need to get a decent generic .pro so I can remember their name. I always get muddled up with one of the other 17,575 combinations with LLL.com's.

".com is for amateurs", RegistryPro are free to use that tag line royalty free if they decide to promote .pro one day.
 
0
•••
Do I need to have a registered business or have to show proof as a licensed/registered professional before being able to register a .pro?

If so, is there any way around it?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back