Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
i made an info site for a fellow NPer recently

cats.pro

will let you know stats once we finish promoting it and add products, etc.

8^X
 
0
•••
0
•••
soggyindo said:
i made an info site for a fellow NPer recently

cats.pro

will let you know stats once we finish promoting it and add products, etc.

8^X

Looks good so far!
 
0
•••

I have a few Pros expiring soon and would like to move them from EnCirca to Anywhere with a reasonable renewal fee. Does anyone know of any good registrars that can take Pros?


Thanks
Charles
 
0
•••
Big Jelly said:

I have a few Pros expiring soon and would like to move them from EnCirca to Anywhere with a reasonable renewal fee. Does anyone know of any good registrars that can take Pros?


Thanks
Charles

I would ike the same info ;)
 
0
•••
Engine.pro

..........
 
Last edited:
0
•••
0
•••
The 5 main .pro registrars are;

Encirca.com
DomainPeople.com
Gandi.net
Hostway.com
NetworkSolutions.com

DomainPeople definitely receive .pro transfers, somebody on this thread was trying with Gandi, not sure what the outcome was, Network Solutions don't do transfers in or out, not sure about Hostway.
 
1
•••
akcampbell said:
The 5 main .pro registrars are;

Encirca.com
DomainPeople.com
Gandi.net
Hostway.com
NetworkSolutions.com

DomainPeople definitely receive .pro transfers, somebody on this thread was trying with Gandi, not sure what the outcome was, Network Solutions don't do transfers in or out, not sure about Hostway.

thanks for the info, repd++
 
0
•••
Transfer to domainpeople.com was easy and cheap $20

AFAIK none of the others offer transfers in. Except perhaps Gandi, into which I wouldn't transfer names if they paid me $20 each. Research a bit before you entrust them with your valuable domains.

.
 
0
•••
Good stuff. Thanks guys.
 
0
•••
Just want to let you know I've got a developped website O A H U . P R O (Hawaii business Directory) with dot pro for sale in the Established Website Market Thread.

I'm quiting .pro for .tel

How easy it is to change .pro ownership at Encirca (pushing to new owner)?
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
Just want to let you know I've got a developped website O A H U . P R O (Hawaii business Directory) with dot pro for sale in the Established Website Market Thread.

I'm quiting .pro for .tel

How easy it is to change .pro ownership at Encirca (pushing to new owner)?


really? wow.

how do you suppose to make money out of them, resale?
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
How easy it is to change .pro ownership at Encirca (pushing to new owner)?
Intra-registrar .PRO ownership changes ("pushes") can be executed at Encirca in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. Encirca may not be the de jure cost leader for .PRO, but when other less quantifiable elements, such as convenience, customer service, and the like are taken into account, Encirca may, indeed, exercise de facto peer leadership.
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel

Is it informed decision or just sheep walk?
 
0
•••
drjawed said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel

Is it informed decision or just sheep walk?
Today's April fool in his own calendar ;)
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
Give your money to charity.

At least that way it will help someone who needs it.

And not telnic, which essentially doesnt ;)
 
0
•••
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
You do that; I'll quit .biz for .mobi.
 
0
•••
drjawed said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel

Is it informed decision or just sheep walk?
sdsinc said:
drjawed said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel

Is it informed decision or just sheep walk?
Today's April fool in his own calendar ;)
Samit said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
Give your money to charity.

At least that way it will help someone who needs it.

And not telnic, which essentially doesnt ;)
Steve said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
You do that; I'll quit .biz for .mobi.
Steve said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
You do that; I'll quit .biz for .mobi.
Steve said:
steveteva said:
I'm quiting .pro for .tel
You do that; I'll quit .biz for .mobi.

It's like everyone is surprise.
Yeah I will only keep one dot pro for developping and all others will be sold because don't really have time to launch more than one project. I have paintball.pro for sale ($150) witch is a great domain since paintball is famous and have pro players.
 
0
•••
Steveteva I would stick with .pro if I were you. I applied for 11 .tels and ended up with 2; One.tel and Digi.tel, but I wouldn't buy a .tel on the aftermarket.

Even if you could develop a .tel on a level playing field with other extensions, the fit between keywords and extensions are more logical, brandable, and coveted in .pro than .tel. Compare Google uniques;

"Tahiti Pro" 5,330
"Tahiti tel" 1,550

Geos don't fit .pro that well, even my best one France.pro only has 223,000 Google uniques.

"Paintball Pro" 39,000
"Paintball tel" 401

Hobbies and pastimes work brilliantly with .pro because enthusiasts like the idea of being a Pro. Marketed to a paintball fan with web design skills you would have a real chance of an aftermarket sale.

It is virtually impossible for alternative extensions to make any real headway against .com but .pro has the class to do it if Hostway sold it to a more commercial, proactive, creative, competent, and domain industry friendly registry.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back