NameSilo
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
That's how the .pro deletion process works. You get a long time to renew after expiry, up to 40 days, but in the final 1-5 days it gets transferred to Encirca automatically. Seeing that process in action has probably made you want to renew it, nothing makes you want something like having it taken away unexpectedly.

I only let .pros I'm uncertain about go past expiry, then if I have a spare 10 minutes I re-analyse everything I'm about to drop to see if anything is worth a last minute reprieve.
 
0
•••
InvisionTech said:
Another issue...
First I thought it was just a mistake or something but it seems this is a business practice/standard at encirca only I hope?
My domain FreeGames.pro registered at Encirca was literally transfered from my account to encirca few days ago. I emailed Tom about it but no reply so far.
According whois - it looks like another person owning this domain...
InvisionTech said:
Today, Billboard.pro was transfered to Encirca. Someone just logged into my account, initiated the transfer and accepted the move on encirca's own account.
It looks like you did not renew this domain for a very long time and decided to renew it in "last minute". In this case Encirca can take good domains for themselves :blink:
 
0
•••
I don't know how he got it but the day it went out of my account, encirca was the owner and now some richard guy.

Anyhow, I just renewed the ones that were expired.

ALL registrars do this or just the .PRO ones? I am considering moving 121 domains from encirca to some other registrar. I don't like this type of bullsh!t surprises.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
How can the registrant be someone else when Encirca's feed itself confirms the domain did not drop or delete?

This is really illogical.

Does Encirca offer some 'pre-release' service like tdnam?
 
0
•••
Yep, it doesn't make sense because its pure BS.

I was told that FreeGames.pro went on auction as soon as it was moved to Encirca's account. Where,when,how much the domain sell for, I don't know.
 
0
•••
you -might- be able to claim it by paying the redemption costs. call encirca.
 
0
•••
InvisionTech said:
Yep, it doesn't make sense because its pure BS.

I was told that FreeGames.pro went on auction as soon as it was moved to Encirca's account. Where,when,how much the domain sell for, I don't know.
??? Oh! It's new to me that Encirca running .Pro auctions.... I did not find anything about this on their website..... Is it service for selected?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Even when domains are moved to other registrars the feed is updated. A pretty impressive portfolio moved to domainpeople recently.

If a domain deletes and is re-registered, shouldn't that also reflect in the feed?

Weird.
 
0
•••
Master, I am not sure where but we'll find out.

Samit said:
Even when domains are moved to other registrars the feed is updated. A pretty impressive portfolio moved to domainpeople recently.

If a domain deletes and is re-registered, shouldn't that also reflect in the feed?

Weird.

Yeah, I saw that. Encirca needs to lower the renewal fees otherwise many people will transfer their domains to other registrars.

I don't know why the process isn't like other registrars, the domain expires > it stays in the account for 30 or 40 days and then it is DROPPED and then it goes to auction.
 
0
•••
Where to register a dot pro?

Since Go Daddy doesn't seem to have .pro, where's the best place to register a dot pro name would you say?

Thanks
 
0
•••
Encirca's the best place to register a .pro but they are not always the cheapest.
 
0
•••
Thanks to this thread I just picked up two .pro names, one as an investment, graphicarts.pro, and the other, pixels.pro, I'm going to develop into my own photography website.

Thanks guys...great thread and I hope .pro makes you all rich! ;)
 
0
•••
Nice names. Anybody developing these yet?
 
0
•••
Has anyone else seen an increase in traffic to their .pro parked sites? Not much, but one site went from a couple visits a month to triple digit visits a month. My other sites are growing in visits as well, steadily and slowly, but definitely growing.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Not developed yet, but planning on it. I think it's going to take people developing .pro's to help make .pro stand out among the crowd.
 
0
•••
Dustie said:
Not developed yet, but planning on it. I think it's going to take people developing .pro's to help make .pro stand out among the crowd.

.pro needs professionally developed sites like Last.fm to put it on the map. RegistryPro should offer five figure cash prizes for the best designed .pro sites.

spoofies said:
Has anyone else seen an increase in traffic to their .pro parked sites? Not much, but one site went from a couple visits a month to triple digit visits a month. My other sites are growing in visits as well, steadily and slowly, but definitely growing.

A slight increase but nothing significant. My most visited parked .pro got 200 visits in Jan 09, 57 clicks, and made 1.88 Euros in total. I have alot of top .pro keywords and only 2 .pros got into triple digit site visits last month. .pro is no different from any other alternative extension in that respect, I have decent generic .coms that cost me $X,XXX that only get about 25 visits per month. If you have a .pro that gets over 100 visits per month somebody has probably had a go at developing it in the past.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
0
•••
yesonline said:
I developed http://anti-aging.pro in Chinese. :)
Nice! You need to register an appropriate IDN to use for that site as well.

The traffic discussion is kinda weird though. It should be obvious, you're never, ever, ever going to get much type-in traffic. Develop it, or park it and let it gather dust until resale.

I kind of lost momentum developing dot pros, but so far have 5 that each turn a modest profit, and one that's not yet coming close to realizing its potential. So take heart would-be developers, and note that these are all two-word combos or lesser keyword sites.
 
0
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back