NameSilo
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
what ya'll think.. should I sell Address.pro & Open.pro or wait for the right time?

Thanks for your inputs - Jay
 
0
•••
I think the future for .pro, as with a lot of new tlds, is development.

Even a simple site can recover annual reg fees and that then allows you to hold the names for such a time as when they can be sold for their true worth.

I'm holding most of mine, a few i dont want to develop will be sold or dropped.
 
0
•••
Samit said:
I think the future for .pro, as with a lot of new tlds, is development.

I disagree with that. If Mobile.com is worth $20m, there is a standalone domain value for the keyword Mobile in new extensions. How much value is determined by the extension's credibility, brandability, acceptance by end users, popularity, and fit with the keyword.

.pro is not widely accepted by end users, it's not popular, but it is credible, brandable, and produces outstanding keyword extensions fits like Golf.pro and Poker.pro that few other alternative extensions can match.

Samit said:
Even a simple site can recover annual reg fees and that then allows you to hold the names for such a time as when they can be sold for their true worth.

I think this is good advice but it's easier said than done. If you put a template on a .pro that gets little traffic, it will do a bit better than it does parked but it will still be a struggle to cover renewal fees, hosting fees and costed in time and effort.

My best earning .pro has made 1.49 Euros parked in January from 150 visits and 42 clicks. My next best has made 0.95 Euros from 5 visits and 1 click. Even if reg fees were $10, I would only have 4-5 .pros that would cover renewal fees and they were high $XXX to low $XXXX aftermarket buys.

.pro is stuck in a chicken and egg limbo. Small scale development paves the way for large scale development by raising awareness but with high reg fees it's more profitable to develop other alternative gTLD's. Eligible licensed professionals either don't have the time to develop or can't develop.

RegistryPro could promote .pro development by;

1) Lowering reg fees so small scale development is more profitable.

2) Removing professional license restrictions so web developers and designers are aligible to register.

3) Offering incentives to encourage development such as free hosting.
 
0
•••
Last edited:
0
•••
Hi

Dear comrades

brandy.pro is available anyone likes to pick it up can go ahead.

brandy.de was sold for 4812$. So, All the Best.

Add rep+ if this was helpful.


sundari.
 
0
•••
This is what I did,and it does not work.
Gandi told me Encirca refused the transfert.

The ability and freedom to transfert a domain is a must have in domain business. I would recommend people who what to register for .pro to make sure domain transfer is working fine before to make their move and select a registrar.

Best regards


encirca said:
Dear Hakita,

This is Tom Barrett from EnCirca. I saw your note and wanted to post a quick reply.

On your transfer for vente.pro: The registry has recently changed the transfer process for .pro: previously, it was a unique process requiring the contact's ROID. But now, it uses the "auth info" as all of the other tld's. So the process at EnCirca is simple:
a. login to your account and select "modify domain"
b. set your auth info code, unlock the domain and save the changes
c. you should also be the admin contact, but confirm just in case.

The registry still has a few bugs to work out. But, EnCirca does not intervene in the out-going transfers, to either deny or accept. So, they typically are processed in 5 days.

We are planning to accept our renewal pricing for .pro domains. We also are preparing to launch a directory service that will help advertise your .pro domain. Stay tuned for an update in a few weeks.

best regards,

Tom Barrett
President
EnCirca
 
0
•••
TrademarkLawyer.Pro in for sale on Sedo
 
0
•••
The guy who regged 4 word hyphen .Pro names a couple of weeks back has a site.

ProSites.Pro
 
0
•••
spoofies said:
The guy who regged 4 word hyphen .Pro names a couple of weeks back has a site.

ProSites.Pro
Wow! It's not only that this guy is selling TLDs (I wish I had one! D-: ), but he just wants a small change for his super-duper domains: Between $15,000 and $55,000. That's nothing! I just bought some... :lol:
 
0
•••
Shall we club together and buy Sensuality.pro for $2,400,000?
 
0
•••
InetGuy said:
.Pro available - any consultative or joint-venture assistance from any of you ".pro pros" will be appreciated.

abogados.pro
attorney.pro
business.pro
courtroom.pro
cybersquatting.pro
divorce.pro
immigration.pro
immigrationattorney.pro
immigrationlawyer.pro
lawsuit.pro
malpractice.pro
personalinjury.pro
personalinjuryattorneys.pro
taxlawyer.pro
tmark.pro
trademark.pro
trademarkattorney.pro
trademarkattorneys.pro
trademarklawyer.pro
Greetings. I am in need of further clarification. Your domains interest me on several levels, not the least of which, professionally. I would not have the referenced development/marketing assets to bring to the table. That said, I would be interested in making offers on one to as many as several domains on your list. Would you entertain said? Thanks...
 
0
•••
spoofies said:
The guy who regged 4 word hyphen .Pro names a couple of weeks back has a site.

ProSites.Pro
I think huge drop will be at the end of 2009 / 2010 :tu:

akcampbell said:
Shall we club together and buy Sensuality.pro for $2,400,000?
Definitely :)
 
0
•••
Network Solutions says it doesnt support the pushing of .pro domains and that it is also not possible to transfer them to another registrar! Is this true?!!! I sent them the below question, but if anyone knows the answer please tell me. I regged the domains in November.

"I spoke to Laurie001 to ask for instruction on how to push my bowlers.pro and handicapping.pro domains to another Network Solutions account. She informed me that this is not possible - is that really correct? I then asked how to transfer it to another registrar and she told me that is also not possible - is that really correct?"
 
0
•••
You can't transfer .pros in or out of Network Solutions. Odd that they say you can't transfer between Network Solutions accounts either. RegistryPro have to address these issues, they are ridiculous. It's the sort of things you work out before launching an extension.
 
0
•••
Can it really be the situation? This would mean that the two sales I have made, which the purchasers have kindly funded my PayPal account will not go through? It cant be the case surely.
 
0
•••
Have you tried setting up a new Network Solutions account in your name and pushing a .pro to it? Try it with one of the .pros you haven't sold on Sedo.
 
0
•••
NetSol reply

I got the below response from NetSol. Please can all NetSol reggers send a lobbying email right away to get them to change these silly systems!

***

Hello,

I received an answer about the internal transfer of .pro’s and the answer is simply our system hasn’t been set up to transfer these between accounts. I was recommended to send this up to our management team as a request-which I did. I put your email address as the contact email so they can get back directly to you regarding this. You should receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!!

Network Solutions
 
0
•••
0
•••
and they would grow alot more if renewals came down this summer along with some more special reg pricings.
 
0
•••
Whats the highest .pro sale so far?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back