IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hostway offering $9.95 yearly registration. I'm real curious as to why hostway has reported a major increase in registrants. Honestly, having a hard time believing it. 45K new .pro domains registered in a month..really?

•••
wish they would have reported the sexo.pro sale, but guess it wasn't reported. But great to see .pro on the list.

That was a public sale. I do not know why it never got reported. I have been out of the country. Otherwise, I am usually right on top of these things. But, I will follow-up, and see if I can rectify the matter in due time. Thank you for the reminder...

•••
Hostway offering $9.95 yearly registration. I'm real curious as to why hostway has reported a major increase in registrants. Honestly, having a hard time believing it. 45K new .pro domains registered in a month..really?

I take a quick look at the Pro drops a number of times a day and snatch a few each week. Best I can tell somewhere between 100 and 200 are dropped daily. It's difficult to say because the drops are staggered. Someone here probably knows how to locate that number.

Out of curiosity I went back five days, ten days, etc and counted the dregs that remained after the hyenas (me) had moved on. Earlier I found that number to average around 40. I'll have to keep checking to verify this but very recently they are being bought in large batches beginning with almost anything short and moving on to the two and three word names. And scanning back the same ten days or so shows, in many cases, just four or five names remaining from one day's drop as opposed to the 40 or more that I was finding earlier.

Feels a little like the little Dutch kid took a cigarette break.

I'd love some input on this. I do consume large amounts of Jack Daniels so a second opinion would be lovely. :p

•••
Be wary of hostway. I ordered drafting.pro through hostway last night. They still didn't have it my account by morning. Then, I purchased it through encirca in the morning and now I'm the new regsitrant within seconds. A little shocked by the lack of performance but I'll take it up with hostway.

Yes, the good drops go quickly.

Thanks,
Kerry

•••
Kerry,

Hostway is horrible. I had same issues with them 2 years ago and these suckers still have not fixed the problems I was facing. Makes you wonder how can .PRO do any better when they are managing it?

•••
Kerry,

Hostway is horrible. I had same issues with them 2 years ago and these suckers still have not fixed the problems I was facing. Makes you wonder how can .PRO do any better when they are managing it?

They lack all practical sense. When explaining my problem they responded by throwing it back on me and closing my account. At that point, I figured Encirca is worth the extra money and I hope to get some savings in January with the announced price drop.

fyi..still amazed that you can pick up decent domains on the drop list. Got officesupply.pro that is not a 1 word, but goes along well with my organize.pro that I plan to develop at some point. :)

:lala:

•••
fyi..still amazed that you can pick up decent domains on the drop list.

That's putting it mildly IMO. Over the past few weeks Drag, Horsepower, Pistol, Pollen, Rhinoplasty, Swing and half a dozen others have fallen into my lap just by keeping an eye on the drops. Won't have time to develop ANY of them over the next few years so I'm going lock'em up in the vault and see what happens.

I'm still a relative newbie in domaining so I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has. Is stashing them away the best thing to do for now?

Thanks
Chas

And the only Pro registrar I have ever used is EnCirca and I've never had anything close to a problem with them.

8^X

•••
andr01d.pro (01=oi) was sold for $100.

•••
•••
b2b, $100 for andr01d.pro is good price for seller.

Last edited:
•••
b2b, $100 for andr01d.pro is good price for seller.

Well then, I own:

TheVeryBestGr0up0fAttorneys1nPetalumaCalif0rn1a.pro that I will let go for a mere $75.

Y'all have a good day !
8^X

•••
dont squat dotpro anymore, drop it all, nobody buy dotpro domains.
dotpro need realsites more and more.
you will sell dotpro domain maybe after 100 000 000 pages in gugle.
dotpro sells in sedo is a fiction for new idiots, but dotpro beauty than biz me mobi.

sorry for my english, he is rectangley.

•••
igame.pro $1,796 reported on dnjournal today.

These consistent sales are good news. Like Akcampbell has pointed out in a great post earlier. Your buying domains between 15 and 100 dollars in the .pro extension and premium domains can sell anywhere from 1200 - 2500 dollars or more. I don't think you need to compare this extension with others that are selling for greater. These are great returns even at these dollar amounts.

I wish some of the other sales were picked up by dnjournal but I think all this should be read as very encouraging.

•••
•••
Registered Archiving.pro today, surprised it was still available.

Pretty good for email/data/media/social archiving needs!

•••
Hi All, Looking for some advice please.

I'm currently looking to raise some funds for a venture, And am considering selling some of my .pros.
My question is this: Where would be the best venue and what do you think I could raise for the following 3 pro "category killer" domains.

Entertainment
Culture
Style

Thanks in advance.

Simon

•••
Like to see what others say on the board to help you. but my general feeling is that pros has another few years to develop greater legs as an extension. You could still try submitting them to upcoming auctions on sedo, moniker, ect.. but they too, don't typically pick up .pros

They are really attractive domains..I'd hold em for a while longer.

•••
Like to see what others say on the board to help you. but my general feeling is that pros has another few years to develop greater legs as an extension. You could still try submitting them to upcoming auctions on sedo, moniker, ect.. but they too, don't typically pick up .pros

They are really attractive domains..I'd hold em for a while longer.

Agree. I have a pile of cat killers that I would have a hard time selling anywhere at this point. I keep them for sale on sedo just in case a buyer happens by, but beyond that, it's just like the DOW, buy when it's down, sell when it recovers.

I know how much that svcks as an answer because I'd also love to sell a few.

•••
Kerry and Chas,
Thankyou for your thoughts which are much appreciated.
This was what I was thinking, Have been tempted to push one to sedo to see how it auctions. Still undecided...
I have been dropping anything but fantastic .pros recently to cut back on renewals... The few I have dropped are getting snapped up.
Also ran a list of country .pros most of them have been taken bar a few 3rd world/underdeveloped countrys and smallish islands.

On a different note. Has anyone had word from namejet about un paid .pro auctions. I was not party to most of them but have noticed Tea.pro is getting reauctioned. Are there others that are back on auction?

•••
I thought dui.pro sold, but got notice that it was going back to private auction. They are most likely just trying to sell them off and I'd guess drop reserves.

fyi...pro fees are dropping in Jan., which should ease the renewal payments as well.

•••
•••
They say the same as .com pricing. I was thinking worst case 12 buck renewals. Hostway is giving 9.95 transfers and registration. But Encirca is the one I use.

•••
have noticed Tea.pro is getting reauctioned. Are there others that are back on auction?

I believe tea.pro is a living site now.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Sedo sales

A couple of sales I ran across

rent.pro

lingerie.pro

considering the exact count for lingerie, some one got a heck of a deal:santa:

Attachments

• Pro Sale  rent.pro.JPG
    Pro Sale rent.pro.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Pro Sale  lingerie.pro.JPG
    Pro Sale lingerie.pro.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 85
•••
Nice sales! Do you know at which site they were sold?

A couple of sales I ran across

rent.pro

lingerie.pro

considering the exact count for lingerie, some one got a heck of a deal:santa:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back