NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The event is ICANN considering RegistryPro's new management contract on 22 April.

ICANN | Public Comment: Proposed .PRO Renewal Registry Agreement

I added an April 2010 .pro reg fee survey to Total.pro, I have included transfer fees for the first time in this report. Encirca reg fees are unchanged, new reg and transfers are $14.95 with renewals at $19.95, they stay on 4 stars. Hostway are temporarily discounting new reg, transfer and renewals at $14.95 so they move up to 3 stars. Domain People increased the cost of transfers and renewals to $35 so they got downgraded to 1 star.

•••
So, from what I gather we are stuck with registration requirements. Which wouldn't be so bad if people understood the ease at which you can get .pro with a simple business license. However, bringing down the fees further for new and renewals may also be a big factor.

Any chance more registrars could be added? Like GoDaddy for example? That would help make it a little more mainstream. Otherwise, I'll be hoping that some major company will get behind a .pro website to help push the extension forward.

I picked up calendars.pro, greetingcard & greetingcards.pro over the last few days. Maybe, I'm just picking up your guys trash, but I thought they were worth holding.

•••
I dropped two because I wasnt allowed to renew them through paypal :)

•••
I picked up calendars.pro, greetingcard & greetingcards.pro over the last few days. Maybe, I'm just picking up your guys trash, but I thought they were worth holding.

they're great names, well done

•••
Thanks for posting that link AKCampbell just checked this thread again.

One mans trash is anothers treasure. Solid ecommerce uses there webdomain.

There are quite a few domains getting picked up straight after the drop at the moment (I have missed a couple I would have liked to get)

Webdomain I agree it would be great to see godaddy who are one of the bigger registrars sell .pro domains. However I'd imagine it is not attractive to them at the moment while self certification is required. Plenty of loopholes the would not want to get involved in. If certification was removed and the registrar cost of .pro was reduced it would be suprising if godaddy did not get involved. IMHO

•••
Where can i register & renew cheap domain .PRO?

•••
The volume of posts ebb and flow depending on news flow. I don't think it helps the flow of conversation if people use the discussion thread for classified ads.

Really. If you think it's an AD you need to reREAD it. I've been trying to pry some information out of this thread about if and where Pros are selling. And I don't think you help the flow of conversation by interjecting your personal posting preferences.

Hey Soggy ... I didn't know it was time for OP to go on the road !!!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Where can i register & renew cheap domain .PRO?

If you're looking for a registrar I like EnCirca.

Last edited:
•••
Really. If you think it's an AD you need to reREAD it. I've been trying to pry some information out of this thread about if and where Pros are selling. And I don't think you help the flow of conversation by interjecting your personal posting preferences.

I wasn't referring to your posts. The ads have been removed. Those are forum rules not my personal posting preferences.

Good luck with your sale of ClassicCar.pro and ClassicCars.pro. Maybe you could put them on NP in the under under $100 section with the title "A couple of old rust buckets that have been parked for many years"? :laugh:

•••
I wasn't referring to your posts. The ads have been removed. Those are forum rules not my personal posting preferences.

Sorry AK. My mistake.

•••
Good luck with your sale of ClassicCar.pro and ClassicCars.pro. Maybe you could put them on NP in the under under $100 section with the title "A couple of old rust buckets that have been parked for many years"? :laugh:

Hey, watch it !!! Let's go with "Antique Rust Buckets."
-----------------

I don't see anything more recent than April 8th on forum.icann.org/lists/pro-renewal-2010

2010 Apr 08 * Summary and Analysis of Public Comments by Craig Schwartz

They received four public comments and based on those comments ...

NEXT STEPS - This summary of public comments will be used to make necessary and appropriate
changes to the proposed Agreement and/or Appendices, and to inform ICANN's Board in their consideration of the .PRO Renewal Registry Agreement on 22 April 2010.

But I see no mention of any action on April 22.

Any thoughts?

:ghost:

•••
•••
To me it looks like no change.

The interesting thing to see will be how many 1, 2 and 3 letter .pro's had RFP's and what kind of bidding any ensuing auctions will have.

By the way, sold g33ks.pro (no threes, e's of course) with developed site for low X,xxx

•••
Ben,

Congrats on the sale! :)

•••
•••
•••
Wow, the highest Alexa ranked .PRO is only 11,158.

There are only 238 in the top 9.6M sites. That is 1 .PRO per 40,000+ Alexa ranked domains.

.BIZ for example has 238 in the first 850,000.
.US 238 in the first 75,000.
.INFO 238 in the first 33,000.

Even .ASIA has 573 sites in the top 9.6M, with the top ranked being 2,439

Those numbers really show, by comparison, how obscure .PRO is.

Brad

Those numbers mean nothing,

I am at 131,

•••
I've been getting good ranking with sites like:
conferencecall.pro
moms.pro
filmmaker.pro

I've never done well with alexa rankings, but many of my .pro domains are showing up withing top 5 pages of yahoo and bing searches. I'm still trying to figure out why google won't let .pros rise.

thanks for the link. That is pretty cool.

ps. I got a offer on harmony.pro yesterday on sedo., but am optimistic on .pros over the next few years and am not willing to let it go too easy. But, its great to see some interest!

•••
•••
•••
•••
I've got the same email too. I agree with having an extension like .pro in principle but I'm still sceptical about the success of this extension, I'm afraid.

•••
I read this: "Enom is the second largest registrar after GoDaddy, ENOM relies on there reseller business to generate sales". I read they have 28,000 active resellers.

ps. no fear jawed...the door on getting premium 1 word .pro domains may be closing.

•••
In the Pricing section of Enom it says .pros cost $39.95 but if you try to register one they come up as $20.

Total .pros registered at Jan 2010 was up 219 to 41,490. DomainPeople was the biggest loser with a loss of 681 .pros while Encirca continued to consolidate its market leadership with a rise of 401 .pros to 11,469.

Last edited:
•••
I was in a small bidding war for clothes.pro

I stopped bidding at $140 and the other bidder wont he name for that price.

Should I have bid more? Was the $140 cutoff good for this name? Will I see this name sell for $2k next month and be mad I did not bid $150?

Thoughts from the .pro people

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back