Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I regged Maxi.pro today.

•••
akcampbell said:
I picked up Bible.pro.

Good search volume, excellent for any bible study/Christian schools! :gn:

•••
thanks invisiontech

just regged

vids.pro

along with

actuary.pro
bids.pro
buys.pro
oral.pro
self.pro
uploads.pro
mp3s.pro
bluecollar.pro
whitecollar.pro

•••
•••
.PRO registration

Hi!

Does .PRO registry have reserved names or not? (which are free according whois database, but it's immposible to register them)

Asking this question because tryed to register domain in .PRO via "domainpeople.com", but it was not registered yet.... (7letters domain name)

•••
•••
•••
Why was domain showcase thread merged with threads that had questions about .pro and other unrelated issues??? :td:

Anyway, latest regs:

Collaboration.pro
Mutual.pro
LineofCredit.pro
EquityLine.pro
Foam.pro
Ergonomic.pro
Tractor.pro

•••
Ben42 said:

Dear Ben42,

thanks for your reply. I checked this list that you provided, but as I understand correctly all RESERVED domains are registered by RegistryPro (very big squatter :tu: )
and in my case - I'm trying to register .pro domain and it available via Whois and via checking it at .pro registrars. I tryed register .pro domain via three PRO registrars - and in all cases the same sitation - domain orders were successfull, reg fees for domain charged from my card, but domain did NOT register... it still available :tu:

So it's confused me a little bit :td:

•••
Mod, please can you separate out the original .pro threads, you've made things really confusing. They were on different .pro topics, one was for new registrations, one was on an Encirca press release about total .pros registered in the first month of relaunch.

•••
Having multiple threads discussing .pro is counter productive.

Both for people following the conversation or wanting to join in and this leads to multiple threads being started with the same topics.

I think a single thread for discussing .pro is the best way forward and hence have merged the threads.

•••
picked up today:

AudioBooks.Pro
AudioBook.Pro
Programs.Pro
Candidate.Pro
Comment.Pro
Comments.Pro
Creditor.pro
Summary.Pro
Chance.Pro
Modem.Pro (For ADSL, Cable and other professional modem and etc.)

Last edited:
•••
I have henry(dot)pro thinking of using it as my personal blog

•••
MasterGuru said:
picked up today:

AudioBooks.Pro
AudioBook.Pro
Programs.Pro
Candidate.Pro
Comment.Pro
Comments.Pro

Good job with Audio Book.pro and Programs.pro! :gn:

Programs can go either computer programs way or affiliated/marketing programs website.

•••
InvisionTech said:
Good job with Audio Book.pro and Programs.pro! :gn:
Programs can go either computer programs way or affiliated/marketing programs website.
InvisionTech, thank you very much for your professional comments
(Comments.PRO :) )

•••
I know that some .pro has been sold by members here. how and where did you sold it?

•••
So how have you .pro registrants been qualifying to keep the names? What official govt licensing credentials are you using?

•••
scandiman said:
So how have you .pro registrants been qualifying to keep the names? What official govt licensing credentials are you using?

I have a company registered in the US which is licensed by the local county government.

•••
InvisionTech said:
I have a company registered in the US which is licensed by the local county government.
Is this acceptable to the .pro registry?

•••
I have a real estate salesperson license for my state, it works and it works for all domains that have nothing to do with real estate.

-V

•••
scandiman said:
Is this acceptable to the .pro registry?

I don't see why not? It is a registered company and licensed by the government.

If that didn't work I don't know what will...

•••
InvisionTech said:
I don't see why not? It is a registered company and licensed by the government.

If that didn't work I don't know what will...
Our opinions don't matter, it's the opinion of the registry that counts. I'm asking what experience people have had in proving their worthiness to hold the registration and if the registry accepts a simple business license as enough documentation.

What is implied in their terms is the need for a professional license that is mandated by the govt, such as a doctor, accountant, real estate agent, or architect.

•••
scandiman said:
Our opinions don't matter, it's the opinion of the registry that counts. I'm asking what experience people have had in proving their worthiness to hold the registration and if the registry accepts a simple business license as enough documentation.

Of course our opinion does not matter but registry's own TOS says this:

The Service is made available to you for your professional use only. As such, you agree that you are a person or entity who provides professional services and has been admitted to or licensed by, and is in good standing with, a government certification body or jurisdictional licensing entity recognized by a governmental body, which body requires that its members be licensed or admitted to a certifying or licensing entity and regularly verifies the accuracy of its data.

http://registrypro.pro/nextphase/tou.htm

I've read the ToS and thats why I am saying that governmentally licensed company seems like the way to go when it comes to registering .PRO domains. However since information is stil muddy, I suggest emailing the registry directly to get the right answer:

Legal Information
[email protected]

Public Relations
[email protected]

Technical Support
[email protected]

Once you submit the data only then your domain name resolves and once it is accepted only then it is able to resolve.

•••
scandiman said:
Our opinions don't matter, it's the opinion of the registry that counts.

They have yet to conduct an audit. 1% will be checked Sept. of 2009. Until then, nobody really knows for sure what will fly or not.

However, if you are recognized by a government agency I highly doubt they will come after you.

•••
Have anyone of you got an email from Registrypro.pro that wants you to enter your Professional Verification Information? I got a email today.. :S

•••
Back