Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
profinish.com $1,305
Jan 13, 2012 GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
That's nice! Thanks Dubya.

Any idea what kind of readership they have?

Not sure exact numbers, but this is one of the main domain sites that I follow outside of dnjournal.com

Michael B. is well known in the domain industry, so you I think it has a pretty high level readership among some serious domainers.

•••
profinish.com $1,305
Jan 13, 2012 GoDaddy

I don't see these types of sales having any impact on the .PRO. It only further reinforces the argument that one should stick with .COM. IMO.

•••
Bought 2 .pro names : Hunters and eJobs. It has nothing to do with godaddy, private for high xx.

MicroGuy, why do you want others to stick to .com? If they don't , more market for you, let us not making money on non-com. Though I agree with you, thats not relevant for .pro

Andrei.

•••
meet.me has been sold to the owner of meetme.com
etc.

•••
•••
That's all about the impact of such information.

Be PRO.

•••
That's nice! Thanks Dubya.

Any idea what kind of readership they have?

There are many popular domain blogs. I do beleive that TheDomains.com should be on the list of must reads.

Domainers.com is very popular also and a lot of theese blogers put a lot of effort in reporting domain news.

Also if you go to dnheadlines.com they list quite a few blogs and web sites assoiciated with the indsutry

Once there look at the top of a column.....click on the compete link and a graph showing traffic to these sites will pop up....you will be surprised

•••
I don't see these types of sales having any impact on the .PRO. It only further reinforces the argument that one should stick with .COM. IMO.
Like NamePROs.com ? :hi:

•••
Congratulations to the seller. Go .Pro! :imho:

:lol:

I think Jurgen wolf's point is that .com owners are looking for single and brandable keywords in other extensions like in the case of meet.me sale.

•••
Caught

Applications.pro .

app.pro at 2k on gd with 1 day left. :D

•••
•••
•••
I have bought pedia.pro

Cool for subdomains like:

- wiki.pedia.pro
- soft.pedia.pro
- music.pedia.pro
- movies.pedia.pro
- subs.pedia.pro

And so on...

What do you think ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Positive news about afilias takeover.
Not quite as exciting but domainmonster.com are now a pro registrar as of today

•••
Afilias has already bought .mobi and I can't say there is evidence the extension has been doing better since then.
Afilias is a provider for registries and DNS, domain marketing is not their core business. Perhaps they see a benefit in neutering other extensions who knows.

•••
Yes but .mobi started off with a fantastic registry but was fundamentally flawed in terms of purpose and brandability. .pro is exceptionally brandable but ironically had an amateurish registry. .mobi grew extremely fast but ran out of puff and fell off a cliff, .pro grew very slowly but continues to grow month on month. I have received offers for 3 .pros so far today, presumably on the back of the interest the Afilias acquisition is generating. I also had two modest sales over the holidays, selling Seminar.pro and Venture.pro for $1,500 each. Afilias buying .pro won't change anything overnight, but it will lead to more registries selling it, lower registration fees, and more recognition and interest.

•••
I have received offers for 3 .pros so far today.

Which three domains? What were the offers? Real, tangible information could prove very useful to others. IMO

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back