NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what is the status of demand for geo.pros?

Just curious...I own a few...

Thanks

•••
Got a reply from Netsol regarding this issue:

InvisionTech said:
Anybody else seeing this?

In Network Solutions, once you click on manage a domain there use to be a "Submit Your Business License Information" link but it is not showing up there anymore...

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions Customer Service Department. We are committed to creating the best Customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently handle your recent request.

With regard to your concern, please be advised that do not have to submit business license information for each .pro domain registered. The business validation process is based on account contacts. If each .pro domain name is registered under the same primary contact the business license information is only required to be submitted once.

•••
i think GEO.pro have some potential, such a broad audience, can be used for jobs, real estate, vacation, travel etc.

i own a couple of caribbean .pro that i will try to find end users for

•••
statement.pro
mister.pro
madam.pro

What's your opinion on these names?

Last edited:
•••
•••
wlmdi, could you please write IN the reply box. I almost had to figure out what you were talking about...

marriage.pro is okay, try registering Elegance.pro (elegant.pro is taken) for decorating and wedding services.

I grabbed some more GEOs:

Rotterdam.pro (largest port in Europe, busiest in the world from 1962 to until 2004)
TelAviv.pro
Tough.pro

;)

•••
wlmdi said:
thoughts?
Marriage.pro, though less tied to the delivery of bridal and/or traditional wedding services (ie. catering and the like) is no lesser a keyword, if not a category killer. I would maintain that it transcends close cousins, wedding.pro and bridal.pro, as encompassing all that a union represents from identifying the right mate, family and estate planning, hopes and challenges, without limitation.....

•••
telaviv.pro was on my list but i told myself i wouldnt spend another dime registering, cant afford it =(

•••
spoofies said:
telaviv.pro was on my list but i told myself i wouldnt spend another dime registering, cant afford it =(

Yeah, I don't know why it was still available... probably because of volatile situation in that region. :alien:

•••
tel aviv is still a major geo, not the capital but huge nonetheless. sau paulo was taken so i regged riodejaneiro instead

well since im not regging anymore might as well share these were all available as of about a week ago - 2 weeks ago. good luck

organ
physiology
convention
roam
afford
yalta
zeta
beta
curve
whip
weak
warrant
construct
lead
void
bundle
spread
specialize
climax
split
underwrite
underwriter
merge
merge
mergers
viral
wage
sole
wholesaler
telecommunication
semiconductor
ambi
novus
virtus
velox
vivo
tera
peta

•••
Thanks, I picked up few more:

Block.pro (wide usage)
Blocks.pro (wide usage)
Blocker.pro (wide usage, with sub domains: spyware.blocker.pro, popup.blocker.pro, etc.)
Locks.pro

These names are still available if anybody wants to register them:

Vault.pro
Malware.pro

Please announce here if you do register 'em.

•••
wlmdi said:
thoughts?

Marriage.pro would make a great home page for Zsa Zsa Gabor, who must surely hold the world record for the longest ninth marriage in the non-bigamist category, 22 years and counting.

I would disgree with mjs that marriage is a match for wedding as a keyword. Wedding wouldn't give marriage a second look. The wedding is where the money is and the keyword people use for searching. This is reflected in sale prices; Weddings.org $34,500 in 08 and Wedding.net at $8,000 in 04. Marriage manages just Marriages.tv at $250.

Another issues is goodness of fit with .pro. Marriage is a fluffy kitten keyword to begin with and perhaps something more sinister in the long run. I'm not convinced either of these vibes fit .pro's wind tunnel design.

Marriage is still a very nice keyword though and in certain niches would work with .pro. If I was trying to sell it or develop it I would focus on two areas;

1) Marriage Counseling. MarriageCounselor.com sold for $36,000 in 07. Marriage.pro would be a great site name for a marriage councelor directory or marriage guidance.

2) Marriage Bureau. I think these are more common is Asian countries where marriage is more of an arrangement between families. The .pro would work a treat where the spit is between palms rather than lips.

I'm not convinced Marriage.pro would work for a wedding minister but if you want to do some market research I can PM you the details of a wedding minister who wanted to buy my domain Dearly Beloved dot com.

•••
For a healthy .PRO portfolio:

Dairy.pro
Cream.pro

:D

•••
Dairy.co.uk sold for $12,500 in 07, it's a nice industry category. Hopefully, Cream.pro will rise to the top for you. You should email RegistryPro and tell them you regged it, really rub it in.

•••
InvisionTech said:
For a healthy .PRO portfolio:
Dairy.pro
Cream.pro
:D
Very good job! My congratulations!

•••
Couturier.pro is also at Sedo auction now with a start price of $350. Presumably, the bidder on Tailor.pro.

•••
setup.pro
(for computer portal, service center and etc.)
and subdomainable:
pc.setup.pro
windows.setup.pro
linux.setup.pro
and etc.

What's your opinion?

•••
MasterGuru said:
setup.pro
(for computer portal, service center and etc.)
and subdomainable:
pc.setup.pro
windows.setup.pro
linux.setup.pro
and etc.

What's your opinion?

Nice! Setup.com sold for $20k 10 days ago on snapnames.

akcampbell said:
Dairy.co.uk sold for $12,500 in 07, it's a nice industry category. Hopefully, Cream.pro will rise to the top for you. You should email RegistryPro and tell them you regged it, really rub it in.

Lol, is there a joke about cream and registrypro that I don't know about? :D

•••
Lol, is there a joke about cream and registrypro that I don't know about? :D

That would be far too high brow for me! :)

•••
ground.pro
stay.pro

What's your opinion?

akcampbell said:
Couturier.pro is also at Sedo auction now with a start price of $350. Presumably, the bidder on Tailor.pro.
if it's real bids :) maybe, presumably, bids by domain owner ?:)
Time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
Which one of these domains would you not keep? And why?

Accessory.pro
Therapeutic.pro
iSEO.pro
Tough.pro

Master, I like stay.pro - has a good reservation/accommodation related tone to it. Stay.net sold for pretty good sum last year around same time. :gn:

Last edited:
•••
Most people would say Tough.pro but I'd go for iSEO.pro. I know it's short and SEO is big business but I don't think .pro is strong enough to support e's and i's in front of generic keywords. Value falls off a cliff when you start doing that.

For example, I heard the owner of Debt.com was open to offers in the $1m-$2m range a couple of years ago. The owner of eDebt.com told me he turned down an offer of $30,000 in 2006. eDebt.mobi sold for $95 in Feb 07.

Worst case scenario you might be looking at $50-$100 for iSEO.pro when there are niche generic .pro keywords still unregged that could sell for $XXXX+ to the right industry buyer. If you are regging iSEO.pro for your own use that doesn't matter, I picked up domains like Mango.pro and Indigo.pro purely for "ring to it" own use with web design in mind.

However, with something like Patient.pro I'm covering both development and resale angles. I wouldn't be able to sell it wholesale because it's not a domaining keyword but it could be worth alot of money to a healthcare company. The owner of Patient.org wants $400,000 for it and in my mind the .pro sounds alot more commercial and profit oriented.

I think Dairy.pro is a similar industry keyword that you wouldn't be able to sell to another domainer but could be worth alot of money to the right buyer and the $12,500 sale of the .co.uk proves that.

I audited a company that toughened or "ruggedised" laptops for outdoor use. It's a big business, not just with laptops but with any professional equipment used in harsh environments. I think Tough.pro would be a brilliant name for a company working in this industry but you'd have to direct market it to them.

Accessory.pro is probably the strongest name in the list. Not an obvious domaining keyword but a logical fit and flexible. I regged Uniform.pro in 07 for similar reasons. I like Stay.pro, very short, flexible, and brandable. I regged Switch.pro and Move.pro along similar lines last year.

•••
akcampbell said:
I regged Switch.pro and Move.pro along similar lines last year.
Switch.pro :gn:
Nice name! Ideal for telecom shop, telecom portal and etc.
Great name!

•••
With Switch.pro, I had a price comparison and utility supplier switching site in mind.

•••
Advocacy

Guys what about my new
Advocacy.pro
no ideas???(((

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back