IT.COM

.org The .ORG Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
.org >>

Hello.

In view of the recent success of .ORG domain sales, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the value of the .org extension.

1. Share Recent .ORG Sales

2. Share Your BEST .ORG domains

3. Share Your Opinion on .ORG

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Here are some other notable .org sales:

Engineering.org - $198,000
Date.org - sold for $150,000
Attorney.org - $38,500 sold @ SEDO on 9/25/2009
Hockey.org - $22,500 sold @ Moniker Traffic on 11/27/2009
HomeLoans.org - $37,000 sold @Private Sale on 08/19/2009

What's your best .ORG?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what do you guys think a bout a .org name ending with "for sale"? for example "guitarsforsale.org"? is it a good combo?

i got a name on my sight, the .com .net and even .info are taken and fully developed making me wonder why no one is taking the .org.
btw, the name gets over 12,000 exact searches according to estibot but cpc is low.

•••
Well i own following .org names..

IndutrialFan.org

IndustrialStorage.org

I have sold a similar 2 word .org domain last month for $400, so i my opinion says that .org domains really have grat value.

•••
icrystal.org
I am very like .org, but it need develop more sites using .org!

•••
Cheapest .org registration price & cheapest .info renewal price

Hi peers,

I'm looking for

1) Cheapest .org registration price
2) Cheapest .info renewal price

Can you suggest the site & price?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the start. I hope its for the resellers (who deposits min $199 ) Is there any source find cheap registrar for induvidual domains ?

•••
.Org discussion

How much does the .org usually differ from the .com....

Whats better, a .org or a .net?

If you have a okay search term what might it sell for?

•••
.Org domains excel in the non profit arena whereas .Com excels in the commercial but I am sure you already knew that.

.Net tends to fare better for forums and networks of people, though not as well as the .Com as people have got it into their head that if it isn't the top extension they are useless.

It all depends on the area that you are targeting, a charity domain goes far better with .org than with .net but by and large .com will generally out-perform everything.

You are far better just spending some time reading over appraisals in that section, it will give you a far better idea than hoping to sum it up in just one or two posts :p

Define this strange thing you speak of..."okay search term?!"

What do you define to be okay?

•••
The question is far too broad to answer.

Certain terms fit in .ORG better than others (Health / Medical / Education / Legal / etc).

Brad

•••
thanks how about something about tvs or tv shows?

•••
thanks how about something about tvs or tv shows?

If you are thinking fan sites, episode guides and forums etc. .org domains are an excellent choice.

•••
.org (organization?) is fit for non-profit & community related websites

•••
.org (organization?) is fit for non-profit & community related websites

They also fit health and legal sites very well which can be commercial sites. I have also seen several credit unions using .org domains and guess they can be called semi commercial.

•••
Thank you very much for your guys input

•••
O suppose that is personal. As for me NET domain name is much better them ORG domain name in all meanings.

•••
I like .org over .net it gives a sense of trust and importance.

•••
re: .org discussion

.org domain space stand for non profitable oraganization & .com for comertial organization .

•••

I think it depends in what kind of site your running, if your site is more suited for a .org then its more marketable as one, .net not sure, I have a few .net and I'm really questioning whether its worth hanging on to them or not.

When it comes down to it, its what you plan to develop on the .net or .org that would make it better.

•••

If you are a non profit company .org is perfect for you.

•••
I find companies use their .net for routers, dns and general networking/backend stuff.. Makes sense too.
.com is used for the main website for the public, and then .org is used for non profit.

If you are trying to sell anything at all I would go with .com.
Hobby websites and general non profit stuff goes to .org.

I'm not a follower of this scheme only because users are used to it, but also because it creates organization among the tld's and a sense of predictability when browsing sites. I find this scheme to be utmost useful and it would be best if everyone followed it imo.

•••
Vote for .NET, .ORG is particularly for certain niche sites like non-profit.

•••
I have abig.org not sure what to do with it. :)

•••
Where i can register cheap .org domain?

As mentioned in title, which registrar offers cheapest .org domains?

Thanks.

•••
It all depends on if you have coupon codes or promo codes, but basically they will all be right around the same price.

•••
At the general cost of a domain being roughly the same wherever you go within pennies you are far better off finding out which is the most reliable registrar, not the cheapest.

Besides, you have to take into account fees for international credit cards...and since you didn't bother telling us what country you are in there is nothing we can tell you.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back