IT.COM

.org The .ORG Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.org >>

Hello.

In view of the recent success of .ORG domain sales, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the value of the .org extension.

1. Share Recent .ORG Sales

2. Share Your BEST .ORG domains

3. Share Your Opinion on .ORG

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Here are some other notable .org sales:

Engineering.org - $198,000
Date.org - sold for $150,000
Attorney.org - $38,500 sold @ SEDO on 9/25/2009
Hockey.org - $22,500 sold @ Moniker Traffic on 11/27/2009
HomeLoans.org - $37,000 sold @Private Sale on 08/19/2009

What's your best .ORG?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thanks, i got it from godaddy by using promo code :)

•••
•••
The question is far too broad to answer.

Certain terms fit in .ORG better than others (Health / Medical / Education / Legal / etc).

Brad

I would add financial (a lot of companies use .org for the trust factor) and also in general help and informational kinds of domains, again for the trust factor (the top used and trusted non-google site for information, Wikipedia, is .org).

.org is far ahead of .net for the US...internationally .net is a bit ahead of .org (this based on top sites in Quantcast vs. top sites in Alexa and how many of each ext are in it)

Unlike what many people believe, commercial .org's DO sell and can sell very well. I sold a 3-word diet related commercial .org for $1,497 recently and in general have sold quite a lot of them. Keep in mind that with com/net/org being the most established extensions and by many accounts the most preferred extensions in Google, and with exact keyword matching domains given preference by Google as well, you can get both for far cheaper in .org than .com, and so I do a TON of .org sales to developers. :)

•••
depending on the words before .org or .net,its meaningful

•••
.org

Itt is mainly used for organisation

•••
.Org hit pretty well on law firms and lawyers, so do .nets

I've found if it is a geo domains, stick to the .com and primarily .net

But in the law professions All three rank up well.

•••
I am a big fan of .org domains, as long as the keywords fit the extension. Here are a few of my favorites:

Antik.org
Antique.org
Holy.org
ManMadeGlobalWarming.org
Minister.org
npcomplete.org (NFS)
Pastor.org
SafeReliable.org (I just think it is fun, no real value)
Workflow.org
YHWH.org (tetragrammaton for God)

上帝.org (God.org in Chinese)

Last edited:
•••
I am a big fan of .org domains, as long as the keywords fit the extension. Here are a few of my favorites:

Antik.org
Antique.org
Holy.org
ManMadeGlobalWarming.org
Minister.org
npcomplete.org (NFS)
Pastor.org
SafeReliable.org (I just think it is fun, no real value)
Workflow.org
YHWH.org (tetragrammaton for God)

上帝.org (God.org in Chinese)

YHWH.org: Awesome, absolutely awesome.

My second best .org is Cancun(dot)org. A resort city in Mexico. I am usually in the market for .org geo domains, pure geos, if the price is good.

•••
.Org hit pretty well on law firms and lawyers, so do .nets

I've found if it is a geo domains, stick to the .com and primarily .net

But in the law professions All three rank up well.

Nice advice..

:wave:

•••
one of my domain portfolio which is a 3 letter: txh.org

•••
Few of my favourite .Orgs:

Cruisewear.org

Handshakes.org

iRecycling.org

NewInternet.org

Vacationz.org

•••
•••
only .orgs i own are
3dinstantmessenger.org
mobiles3d.org
3dq.org
play3d.org
actionin3d.org
phones3d.org
mobile3dtv.org
3dplay.org
desktop3d.org

usually go after .com

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
I'm doing OK with UAVpilot.org - but still getting beat on Google by a crappy site at jobs.uavs.biz for searches like "UAV jobs" and "UAV pilot." So I've been thinking about trying on the .net for a while, seeing how that works out. Using All-in-One SEO plugin is about the extent of my SEO skills. ;)

It's fun though.

•••
They also fit wellness and effectual sites very well which can be commercial-grade sites. I have also seen various credit unions using .org domains as well as estimate they can be named semi commercial.

•••
Just curious, have you had success with Spanish .org domains? I've had Ganador.org (winner) for a while and figured it'd be solid for a game site among other ideas, but as with any foreign language one I've had, it's more or less sat there. I like CuantoCuesta...just remembering from Spanish class, that's a phrase that came up often. :)

Update for CuantoCuesta

I sold it for $320 on Sedo

•••
I like .org

I keep getting a hard time over some of my regged names . If .com is not avail i reg the .org. Is it or is it not ORGANISATION. I don,t know But they get hits. I reg bidons.org and its not favourable because it is .Org .I think (hope)this is going to change when there is nothing else left but orgs.

Just a rant
Thanks

•••
Partnersuche.org sold for $28,014 Sedo

•••
•••
just start to invest on Org domains

PlayPark .Org
Merkurius .Org
PestService .Org
OfficialDriver .Org
CustomBoat .Org
BabyThings .Org
ESBO .Org

•••
Here's one of mine:

RepublicOfKorea

:tu:

•••
Wish I had more .org domains. Seems they are hot in certain niches. Here are a few I have.

definite.org
homebrewed.org
keyfinder.org
wirefree.org
lockpicks.org

•••
only one .org

24x7help.org

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back