Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well it appears as though it's happening. The launch of .land, .bike, .this, and .that is here and many more to come.

Show off your new .whatevers here and discuss why these are or are not good investments. Keep it cool, calm, and productive :)

I'll start with my new regs... absolutely none!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
A DEFENSIVE Registration

thought you were done regging gtlds ….ummm

I thought I was.

However, as soon as I found out about .international gTLD, I knew I would be going after my company name; obviously, I didn't want to announce that fact on a forum beforehand.

:) :laugh: :!:

Jennifer.International was a defensive registration; I don't "love" this gTLD, but it forms part of my name, and I would have been foolish not to invest $150 (EAP) /$25.00 renewal on protecting my exact company name.

There are a few future gTLDs I MIGHT pick up, but, then again, I might not. I don't see any on the near horizon that appeal to me or that I feel will have any chance of succeeding.

I'm keeping my eyes and options open. For example, the more the registries pull back premium names, the more likely they will fail miserably, and I want no part of that.

If I do, it will be for a specific purpose, not for resale, and I would have to decide if the gTLD is worth the bother and expense.

•••
.email VS .mail

Which is the best TLD? What do you think?

•••
•••
Which is the best TLD? What do you think?

i asked about .email the other day only to be told it's an outdated term? i guess .mail is assumed to be email

•••
i asked about .email the other day only to be told it's an outdated term? i guess .mail is assumed to be email

or skip that and go .inbox :)

•••

Obviously, .mail is better than .email.

More versatile.

Is .mail even in the works?

I have lost track.

•••

Obviously, .mail is better than .email.

More versatile.

Is .mail even in the works?

I have lost track.

yeah .post and .mail,

edit: i read about .post before but only see .epost in ICANN's list.

Last edited:
•••
So I think .red, .blue, .pink come out today. Could these be new contenders for (one of the) worst selling new gtld? Actually, I think .rich is taking that crown.

“With .BLUE, the sky is the limit! Practically any blue that reflects your Web personality is available to you,” “If you just love the color blue or if you want it to enhance your business or brand, .BLUE is here for you.”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140415006337/en/Time-show-you’re-true-.BLUE#.U1Ajd1fMI_w

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It's a joke. He puts 100% on the real stuff. It confuses a lot of people mixing the Onion type stuff with the real stuff.

It wouldn't surprise me looking at some extensions.

I could see someone with too much time and money rolling out a ridiculous extension. I think a totally ridiculous extension could go viral just because it is ridiculous.

•••
So I think .red, .blue, .pink come out today. Could these be new contenders for (one of the) worst selling new gtld? Actually, I think .rich is taking that crown.

“With .BLUE, the sky is the limit! Practically any blue that reflects your Web personality is available to you,” “If you just love the color blue or if you want it to enhance your business or brand, .BLUE is here for you.”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140415006337/en/Time-show-you’re-true-.BLUE#.U1Ajd1fMI_w

Yesterday/Total
Pink - 156/202
Blue - 205/270
Red - 289/341

Couple of others:
kim - 135
shiksha - 63

•••
.club comes out tomorrow for widespread general availability. This one is interesting to me because it's had the best marketing out of the new ones so far, but the reserved premium .club domain names are at Sedo, probably all the good ones. Looks like 4 to 6 figures for them. They said they expect 1 million the first year, 5 million in 5 years. Seems a bit delusional to me, but we shall see.

•••
.club comes out tomorrow for widespread general availability. This one is interesting to me because it's had the best marketing out of the new ones so far, but the reserved premium .club domain names are at Sedo, probably all the good ones. Looks like 4 to 6 figures for them. They said they expect 1 million the first year, 5 million in 5 years. Seems a bit delusional to me, but we shall see.

I think it's also quite a good gTLD. About 66XX are on auction on Sedo. But the 1M reg target for the first year is indeed a bit of bet lol

•••
.CLUB domain showcase. Showcase your .CLUB domain names

I think I might start this thread for people who like to showcase their .CLUB domains.

•••
•••
Agree with Keith. With thousands of new GTLD's and one showcase thread per GTLD, we'll be overrun with showcase threads. Then there will be the discuss GTLD threads as well. It will become uncontrollable. IMHO, there should be 1 showcase thread for all these new GTLD's, and maybe 1 discussion thread per GTLD. Or, 1 combined showcase and discussion thread per GTLD.

Last edited:
•••

They did almost 26,000 first day. Wonder what the next few days will do.

•••
late to the party...

but picked up endless.club just for my personal collection ;)

Last edited:
•••
Anybody registered any 在线 names and know how they are faring in popularity? I registered one so wondering how they are going.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Well that will teach me. Had one picked out to register this morning but no time so thought i would register it this evening. Of course it was gone.

•••

I thought that most of the really good one's were up for auction and/or premium reserved but now they're taken?

•••
Just won investing.zone

What do you guys think of the name?

•••
I thought that most of the really good one's were up for auction and/or premium reserved but now they're taken?

Yeah, the good ones are still at Sedo for 4 - 6 figures. Domainers registered the rest.

•••
I got stu.club on day1. It's my name, apparently a university in china, and has 30 acronyms on tfd.com. Short and Sweet. I just liked it instantly :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back