IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.6%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IIlegals have for years, displaced entry level jobs for legal citizens with no skills and hurt them and replaced “teenagers” jobs. In retail, etc. kids like me when young used to do entry level work and sh*t jobs like wash dishes, wash cars, deliver papers, clean toilets and kitchens in restaurants, etc. certainly has been a problem since 70’s-80’s. Especially when some dumb politicians now think $15 minimum wage for unskilled labor is ok. Working at Starbucks expecting a living wage, so they need to charge $5. For a stupid cup of coffee? Insane.

Do you think that $15 an hour is too low? There are plenty of "teen level" jobs. You can always find those after school jobs. What's the current unemployment rate? 3.6%. Do you know why it is not closer to 0%? Because most of those are jobs US citizens don't want to do. Also be aware that many job applicants are labeled as "over-skilled" for the jobs they apply for and are forced to work the so-called "unskilled" jobs because of their college debt.

•••
Also, the impression in the world is that the US is OK with immigrants from Poland or Norway but not OK with immigrants from El Salvador or Nicaragua. Why is that?

That's because the media gives you that impression. They want you to have that impression because it fits with the "America is racist" narrative they push to divide people. There are probably more MS-13 gang members alone than Polish immigrants coming in. Haven't heard from any Polish or Norwegian gangs. And this is the problem - the US is letting in some really horrible people because of lack of border control.

Some 25,000 immigrants come from tiny El Salvador each year. Poland would be a fraction of that. From Pew Research:

"The United States has more immigrants than any other country in the world. Today, more than 40 million people living in the U.S. were born in another country, accounting for about one-fifth of the world’s migrants in 2017. The population of immigrants is also very diverse, with just about every country in the world represented among U.S. immigrants."

•••
It's the wrong impression. I'm willing to bet that El Salvador and Nicaragua have sent ILLEGALLY at least 10.000 x more people than Poland or Norway.

Those levels of immigration from Poland or Norway were in the 1970s and 80s. Europe is doing too well to have emigrants. Today it is Central America.

•••
Those levels of immigration from Poland or Norway were in the 1970s and 80s. Europe is doing too well to have emigrants. Today it is Central America.
Then why did you compare apples and pears? Immigrants in the 70's and 80's from Poland or Norway were probably at least 95% LEGAL and there were NO Sanctuary cities then, nor did they get any social benefits in those days.

Today's migrants from Central America are probably 95% ILLEGAL , with tons of Sanctuary cities and many benefits to welcome them. Many of these Illegals are even able to vote LEGALLY in some States! That's why the DemocRATS are on their side.... more votes for them.

•••
Europe is doing too well to have emigrants.

You might look at some statistics. Ever look at youth unemployment in Spain? Was 58% in 2013, it's still way too high. Is this due to a lack of jobs or excessive illegals?, after all visa overstays are not exclusive to the USA.

https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/youth-unemployment-rate

https://tradingeconomics.com/france/youth-unemployment-rate

in 2010 during Obama's reign, Youth Unemployment was nearly 20%. Highest, with Jimmy Carter's in 2nd. Dropped during Reagan era, and was dropped and end of Obama's period.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/youth-unemployment-rate

CM Capture 32.jpg

•••
You still have not answered what harm are immigrants doing to the US.

There are all sorts of statistics about how many groups- not just Central Americans do not assimilate, learn English, consume govt benefits. Also- sending money back outside the US via Western Union without paying income taxes. That's a few harmful things for most logical people. I doubt that anyone from Poland or Norway would NOT learn English as the EU has a pretty good job of educating people in several languages- unlike the US. I didn't learn Spanish until I left at advanced age.

"Low bidders" IE: taking jobs away from entry level young people (In small businesses that hire them) and low income legal citizens in marginal cities and ghetto areas. Now, the argument that certain people don't want those jobs- that may or may not be true now the unemployment is way below the "Natural rate of unemployment". Picking lettuce most US born people are too arrogant to do that- so guest workers are needed for that. I know in the 50-60's it was different culture and work ethic- a White European US born friend, his mother and father and siblings (in his 60's now) picked potatoes- and I would bet most of the US was the same- where back breaking farm work was done by US born people- not recent immigrants after say the 30's.

I know someone who owned a large construction company who hired illegals so he says. He got tired of the US Citizens lack of work ethics and over regulation in the 90's, that was the excuse. It wasn't only about the money.

•••
Do you think that $15 an hour is too low?

Depends on the job and location. $184,000 to clean up needles and human excrement left by drug addicts in San Francisco?

https://www.businessinsider.com/san-francisco-poop-patrol-employees-make-184000-a-year-2018-8

Too high for most unskilled labor. Starbucks isn't worth $5 a cup, price might be lower if it were not for their acceptance of the public at such a high price. Back breaking working say in Amazon lifting packages sure that's fair. Walmart greeters or Amazon workers applying for public benefits should be banned.

Last edited:
•••
You might look at some statistics. Ever look at youth unemployment in Spain?

Interesting stats. Are people emigrating from Spain and France?

•••
Most people of my Generation did. Never too proud to do crappy jobs.

Too high for most unskilled labor. Starbucks isn't worth $5 a cup, price might be lower if it were not for their acceptance of the public at such a high price. Back breaking working say in Amazon lifting packages sure that's fair. Walmart greeters or Amazon workers applying for public benefits should be banned.

So Starbucks, Walmart, or Amazon are too crappy for your generation? Maybe I am missing something. If those companies can’t afford to pay at least 15 bucks per hour something is wrong. I’d say they should be paying 20 bucks an hour.

•••
No idea. Why should they move to the US? They live where 3 generational under one roof is acceptable. The educational system in the EU is obviously much better than the northern triangle countries. I don't blame people wanting the "The American Dream", but illegally attempting to obtain it isn't a great way to start. or as George Carlin says "You have to be asleep to believe in it"..

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yes-its-google.1140623/page-2#post-7272452

•••
I don't blame people wanting the "The American Dream", but illegally attempting to obtain it isn't a great way to start.

I don’t think the “American Dream” is a real thing anymore. People only come to the US if they are desperate and/or their lives are in real danger.

•••
I’d say they should be paying 20 bucks an hour.

I never bought any of their stock. Yea, many service jobs are shitty jobs, I have met true asylum seeking Venezuelans illegally driving Uber too, one Dentist as I recall. Pretty sad. Manufacturing or Engineering jobs aren't usually as they pay well. $20 for putting things in cardboard boxes? Yea, genius.

•••
•••
•••
Tulsi Gabbard‏ @ TulsiGabbard
Bad enough US has not been bombing al-Qaeda/al-Nusra in Syria. But it’s mind-boggling that we protest Russia’s bombing of these terrorists. 10:40 PM - 30 Sep 2015
Al-Qaeda attacked us on 9/11 and must be defeated. Obama won’t bomb them in Syria. Putin did. #neverforget911 9:03 AM - 1 Oct 2015

Tim Ryan‏ @ TimRyan Tim Ryan Retweeted The Hill
Putin’s man in Washington. The fact that he’d even entertain the idea of throwing a US citizen to the wolves is abhorrent. The Hill@thehill
White House: Trump will discuss letting Putin interrogate US citizens 9:57 PM - 18 Jul 2018

Fight FIGHT

"I grew up in what is now termed a High Demand, Closed Group. Most people know them as cults, but personally I detest the term cult because it usually conjures images of Kool Aid and terrible TV shows featuring Kevin Bacon. That’s not what I grew up in. Instead a High Demand Closed Group is a group that has isolated itself from mainstream life and lives by the demanding and usually arbitrary rules set by the leader of the group. The leader is usually a charasmatic personality who encourages their followers to treat them as some sort of Messiah. The entire group dynamic is centred around gaining favour of the leader, who uses this dynamic in a controlling and abusive manner. In many of these groups the leader uses their position to manipulate their followers into performing sexual acts against their will, or in others, the relationship becomes emotionally abusive, where the leader verbally or physically attacks their followers, doling out increasingly severe punishments including sleep deprivation, starvation and physical self harm. The latter is the type of group that I grew up in.

The group I was involved in is called The Science of Identity Foundation, and it was started by a man called Chris Butler, who has variously been known as Siddhaswarupananda, Srila Prabhupada or Jagad Guru. His “philosophy” is a mishmash of Buddism, Vaishnava Hinduism and Christianity. There’s around 1,000 or so followers across Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and the US. Chris Butler himself was born in Hawaii and from what I’ve been able to glean from my research, was a college drop out who started a small group in the mid 60's. When the Hare Krishna movement started gaining traction in Hawaii during this time, he found it difficult to find new followers and instead of competing with the Hare Krishna movement, decided to take his current followers, along with a $20,000 donation, and join the Hare Krishna’s instead. During his tenure with the Hare Krishna movement, he struggled often with the leadership of the group (AC Bhaktivedante Swami who was his initiating spiritual master), and was repeatedly reprimanded by Bhaktivedante for publishing booklets expounding Chris's own philisophical views. This was heavily frowned upon, and when he refused to curtail his actions, he was sent away to a small temple in New Zealand. It was during this time that he met a fellow Hare Krishna by the initiated name of Tusta Krishna Swami. They became close friends and when the relationship between Butler and AC Bhaktivedante Swami further fractured in the late 1970's he and Tusta founded their own small group, bought a farm in Australia and all of his new followers left New Zealand for Australia around 1980–1981. My parents were amongst them.

I remember very clearly the plane ride to Australia, the mix of excitement and fear.

I also remember Chris Butler held this larger than life presence in my childhood. Everything I did I had to think about how it benefited him. He was my parents spiritual master and they looked to him for guidance on everything, from what to eat, to how to raise their children, and they did it all without question. When I talk to people about the lack of questioning, they find that aspect odd. It is odd, but to put it into perspective, I was raised to believe Chris Butler was God’s voice on earth, and if you questioned him or offended him in any way, you were effectively offending God, and because we believed in reincarnation, that meant that you would be reborn as the lowest lifeform imaginable and then have to spend eon’s working your way back into God’s good graces. So questioning the leader was spiritual suicide, which was seen as worse than death. So no-one questioned. Chris Butler also would ridicule the intelligence of anyone he didn’t like, belittling anyone he felt was questioning his authority even slightly. He demanded the utmost dedication and loyalty from his followers and if he didn’t get it, the punishments were swift and severe. I remember hearing stories of people who were told they weren’t allowed to eat because they didn’t make food to his liking, who were not allowed to sleep because there was a light making a buzzing noise in the house, and the follower didn’t have the foresight to fix the issue ahead of time.

Literally everything we did had to go through Chris. If you wanted to work outside of the group, you had to ask his permission. No-one could get married without his consent. From the late 80's all of us kids were removed from public schools because he didn’t want them influencing our minds away from our service to him. So from that point we were home schooled, until there were schools established in the Philippines. After that all the children were sent to the boarding schools there for intensive schooling. From the small pieces of information that made it out of the schools to me, a lot of the kids were traumatised by the environment, as it was almost prison like. Classes were on hygiene and cooking and all the ways that they would need to serve Chris Butler best. It’s only speculation, but I am certain that this was because places like the US and Australia had standards of education that the home schools has to meet, and they just weren’t. They could avoid scrutiny by having the kids in boarding schools in the Philippines. I can’t even imagine how dreadful it was for my friends who got sent there. I was lucky to avoid it. I didn’t avoid the lack of schooling though, and by the time I officially left the Science of Identity Foundation in 1997, just before I turned 20, I had only received up to a 5th grade education.

From a young child I remember one of the main features of my life was the lectures that were sent to us via tape for us to listen to. Basically these were 1 hour long sessions of Chris talking about his beliefs – how evil and out of control gay people were, how women were inferior and sub human and should be controlled by their husbands, how messed up and evil the outside world was, and how his relationship with God was so special, only he could lead you back to Godhead (Heaven) and that he had so much control over his existence on earth, he could choose the moment of his death. We worshipped him, loved him even. Another part of his teachings was that all life is an illusion, and because of that all relationships were an illusion. We were encouraged to not invest in any relationships other than with him, so we were in effect isolated from our parents who did their best to not love us as per his recommendation, and instead looked at him like a surrogate father/messiah figure. He was this imposing force in our life that we weren’t supposed to offend, which is frankly terrifying when you’re a small child. I remember having many nightmare’s and a condition called sleep paralysis which can be brought on in times of great stress. My sister developed stress induced epilepsy during the time when we were supposed to be taken out of school. For my parents part, they did try to keep us in school for as long as they could, but when Chris heard parents were resisting him, his directive was clear – get them out or else. Every time my parents would try to take us to school, my sister would become hysterical and then she started having seizures. That was the power he had over us.

I really wanted to paint this picture of my childhood, because Tulsi Gabbard grew up in the same group that I did. She was subjected to the same environment I was. She’s still surrounded by this group and calls Chris Butler her guru. This is why the increased interest and her rise to power concerns me so greatly. I want to be very clear, I have no issue with Tulsi, as far as I am concerned, she’s as much a victim as I am, more so because she was groomed from an early age specifically for the path she is now on. What I am concerned about is the control I know Chris Butler has over her, the influence he has over her ability to make decisions, decisions that could become law and impact a whole lot of people. I know what an abusive, misogynistic, homophobic, germophobic, narcissistic nightmare Chris Butler is. And I know what kind of relationship he has with Tulsi."

youtu.be/v-GLgGw6ujU
hahahaha CRAZ
Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa in 3:37...... Aug 2015

Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa (Chris Butler)

•••

Those charts are why asked you to go do research of demographics on Russia, Get educated not speculated.

On the immigration part, So if i am scared for my life, The US has a shit load of violent gangs, will Canada allow me asylum based on my fears?? Would you be willing to pay for my housing, my food and my legal bills concerning asylum and relocation to Canada??

•••
Would you be willing to pay for my housing, my food and my legal bills concerning asylum and relocation to Canada??

Get a non US Passport and find out. lol.

she’s as much a victim as I am,

awe, the victims, everybody is a victim. Idiocy.

•••
Can someone explain the issue when the US economy is doing so well, apparently. You can’t have it both ways.

•••
Get a non US Passport and find out. lol.

Oh come on man, you mean i need a passport, I figured it would just be ok to go cry asylum, and i would be good to go and issued free housing and food, a free mass transit voucher and issued a case worker, All this on the country of my choice tax dollars.

Last edited:
•••
-

Last edited:
•••
First poll has Tulsi Gabbard as the shock winner of the first Democratic debate and Beto O'Rourke as the clear loser
  • Drudge Report poll shows Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii winning the debate
  • Gabbard got nearly 40 per cent of people saying that she won the debate
  • Elizabeth Warren came in second place while John Delaney came in third
  • Gabbard, an Iraq War veteran, is a Hindu woman born in American Samoa
  • She is considered controversial due to her foreign policy views
  • In January 2017, Gabbard met in Damascus with Syria's Bashar Assad
  • Meeting took place after Assad allegedly used chemical weapons during civil war
Tulsi Gabbard is the winner of the first Democratic debate in Miami on Wednesday, according to a Drudge Report poll.

The popular news aggregation internet site took a poll of users which asked who won the 10-candidate debate.

Surprisingly, nearly 40 per cent of those who took the survey chose the 38-year-old congresswoman from Hawaii as the runaway winner.

Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts came in second with 12.26 per cent of the vote.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...i-Gabbard-hands-winner-Democratic-debate.html

15312494-7186581-image-a-80_1561610927731.jpg

The ONLY Democratic candidate with Common Sense out there, so... no big surprise to me and especially to @Domainace

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Back