Dynadot

discuss Yes, it's Google

NameSilo
Watch

mAd MaX

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We all contributed to this, unknowingly, one way or the other. For instance, every webmaster strives to be google-compliant, ranking high on google search pages, google this, google that, etc. etc. Google is everything - even in our sleep. All mesmerized. No more out-of-the-box thinking. Now the result.

Last edited:
•••
I think its the other way around. Amazon doesn't really benefit anyone. The world does not need Amazon, and would be better off without them. (sorry to everyone that just HAS to save 1.00 on a new phone case)

i grew up during 90s conservative mixed indian economy...we had a few local companies selling shit products at extraordinary high price compared to international standard or price.

i like capitalism with strong watchdogs to stop any cartelisation...capital market is who has CAPITAL and in a good economy prices goes down due to strong competition and better quality and services...Amazon proved itself through innovation and foresight other retailers ignored to adapt. people buy from Amazon because they like it.

But Google is pure compulsion because of Android...same was the case with microsoft, they flooded the market with pirated version of Windows so people get habituated with their system so most people use it. Google followed the same path. its a monopoly bro.

tell me a mobile handset doesn't come with Android preinstalled ?

•••
On the contrary, if big companies are losing their rank after update, then smaller businesses will profit on it.
I doubt. For small businesses it has been, it is and will always be head-you-loose, tail-you-loose situation.

The system has been designed and perverted in such a way that it's small businesses that bear the brunt, long or short.

•••
tell me a mobile handset doesn't come with Android preinstalled ?

The iPhone? Full disclosure, I am a huge Google fanboy but Amazon is much worse imo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/...stling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html

“Nearly every person I worked with, I saw cry at their desk.” Bezos was originally going to call the company Relentless.com (it still redirects) and he was too cheap to buy early employees desks so they used doors...

Contrast that to Google where they basically set the standard for crazy employee compensation and the first Doodle was meant to explain that Larry and Sergey had gone to Burning Man...

•••
The iPhone?
Was talking about open market handsets

Contrast that to Google where they basically set the standard for crazy employee compensation and the first Doodle was meant to explain that Larry and Sergey had gone to Burning Man...

U r a true fan of Google! 😁 Crazy package to say 100 people over average package to 1000 people which one is better for society? 🤨

How many people Google employ and Amazon?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi,

Who actually killed domain names?

Google, the most evil company ever.

Wait, it's killing news industry now. Pls check those following articles.

https://www.ccn.com/ccn-is-shutting-down-after-googles-june-2019-core-update

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/09/business/media/google-news-industry-antitrust.html

Thanks
MaX

Hi,

Who actually killed domain names?

Google, the most evil company ever.

Wait, it's killing news industry now. Pls check those following articles.

https://www.ccn.com/ccn-is-shutting-down-after-googles-june-2019-core-update

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/09/business/media/google-news-industry-antitrust.html

Thanks
MaX

Yea gogle.suckss
Take millionss in adwords pays $0,0001 on oddsense

•••
There are no lobbyists in the EU? Seems there are influence peddlers worldwide, they might have different names but I can’t believe there is any Country in our world that doesn’t have such systems. How do EU corporations in your country get laws passed?

Also, the EU is not a country (as much as they might like it to be :xf.wink: ).

Last edited:
•••
Also, the EU is not a country (as much as they might like it to be :xf.wink: ).

I am well aware of Brexit and fully support NIgel Farage and voters will to exit and the UK to have the populist voice, not of a bunch of stooge politicians in Brussels. I am anti-big business, anti-large corporations. Small businesses as I mentioned above are who pay the bills.

I have no idea why they should agree to be "Fined" by the Eu for exiting, just another way to stiff the tax payers.

What I said was specific to his country, in "your country" which is evidently part of the EU. Countries do have local politicians. I was curious about his opinion, but he decided not to give it but rather I research whatever Google lies are presented.

The EU while a bloc of countries attempting to become a "Power", is based on erroneous ideology. All EU countries have mostly separate cultures, peoples and ideas. Lumping them into one ruled by clowns is why all the issues.

Crony capitalism is worldwide. No Country is exempt from this. Here George Carlin.

•••
As it is said,
SHOP LOCALLY.

Except for Wal Mart.....hahahhahahaha

•••
Google is ok as is YouTube

I much prefer Google Than Facebook

I don't knowingly use any Facebook or Amazon services which suits me

The way that people get news has changed in as much people's attention span is a out as long as it takes to read a tweet etc

2.3 billion bods on Facebook will get news for free as fast as they need it

The 2.3 billion bods on Facebook couldn't care less who broke the news first etc which allegedly it's trendy to tell the audience who was first etc

Google redistributes it's YouTube ad dollars to Youtubers that produce video content for it

It isn't Googles fault that it had the foresight to buy YouTube way back when people thought that YouTube wasn't worth the amount of money Google paid for it then

But youtube could quite easily be one of the world's biggest employer's as more and more people globally become Youtubers

Obviously it's Google s fault that nobody else thought about a good search engine great maps etc and many more products people can't do without

There is a global free press it's called er Facebook it's just that the media no longer own it's ad dollars which affects it's ability to print news as often as it once did

•••
2.3 billion bods on Facebook will get news for free as fast as they need it

Free News that's skewed or censored at their whim.

•••
I'm not a news person I'm a fan of sport etc

Technology has changed the the news industry in as much as the industry has gone online but the problem for the news industry is that websites work on trust

Eg people only go on websites they trust which means they won't get many celebrities on their websites and that isn't Google s fault and the media can't change its spots which leaves the media in a bit of a pickle in a digital era

•••
One of the biggest threats to Google is Amazon. Take that into consideration before condemning Google and praising Amazon.

In full disclosure, I'm a huge Google fanboy. I got their first Google phone when it came out which was lightyears ahead of any other mobile OS at the time. Never looked back.

However, Google needs to be watched and it's a good thing the EU fights them a lot instead of giving them a break.

They are potentially a huge risk to freedom of speech and the internet as we know it today.

Who isn't using Google's DNS resolvers these days? Imagine what they potentially can do by filtering traffic...

•••
...Like when I read about mall closings, and businesses unable to compete....
Our nearest mall is on a very busy strip, It's near the better dealerships, like BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Volvo. Not a bad neighborhood. The merchant occupancy is dwindling towards 50%. The local govt is buying it to create a 10 year multi-use community project. While my wife and son get boxes and bags piled up at our door. SMH
...I got their first Google phone when it came out which was lightyears ahead of any other mobile OS at the time. Never looked back....
I got that T-Mobile G-1 / HTC Dream and it remains one of the best designed phones ever. Touch screen, qwerty, and trackball. Makes my iPhone look like a cave man's bludgeon.

•••
umm its old news that goog and fb is cia so whats the mystery? their goal is total control over all data on the globe period. hoover would be so proud, dah

•••
Google is still beneficial to us.

It has almost all the things on the internet such as images, videos, search engine and many tools

Google still delivers better search results than its competitors.........

•••
Google practically take people's contents and make it their own. They do it forcefully and with impunity

Big techs are fasting becoming the worst things ever happened to humanity in this century

Last edited:
•••
Soon the only businesses left in towns and cities across the USA will be:
Fast food and restaurants

This is exactly true, and whenever I visit a city I haven't been to in years, it's amazing to see the transformation from actual retail stores into an endless line of food outlets offering every type of sugar-filled, fat-inducing processed food and drinks.

I see families roll in (literally) leave chowing down on their treat, and then it's rinse-n-repeat all the way down the block. There is no retail sector anymore and it's just wall to wall food, block after block, and people are just "eating" it up.

Food is now the most popular American hobby by a long shot.

Last edited:
•••
It's not about big/small...it's about the algorithm of Google which is a monopoly
why dont you stop using google.....

•••
Big techs are fasting becoming the worst things ever happened to humanity in this century

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/"False_positives"_scandal

This is just one of infinite things far worse for humanity that have happened this century. I learned about it using Google.

One of the biggest threats to Google is Amazon. Take that into consideration before condemning Google and praising Amazon.

Because Amazon got in to the ad market? I signed up to AWS recently and they can't even manage to get their automated verification call to work. I cancelled my marketplace membership and I had to contact support to do so (there is no automated way of doing this, even eBay manage that!).

Growth in the next 10-20 years will come from Africa and Latin America imo and Google will have a much easier job of tapping those markets than Amazon.

•••
Because Amazon got in to the ad market? I

Nah, as for now AWS is winning the battle for the cloud. Google is investing massively to catch up which is a good thing (for them) but who knows if they'll make it.

Ads are great but the cloud is where the real money is at (now and) in the future.

•••
Nah, as for now AWS is winning the battle for the cloud. Google is investing massively to catch up which is a good thing (for them) but who knows if they'll make it.

Ads are great but the cloud is where the real money is at (now and) in the future.

We'll see. Google's superior products will win out in the long run imo. I think living in Australia where Amazon still hasn't made much of a dent gives me a somewhat unique perspective. Most of my experiences with them have been mediocre at best. Their cardboard boxes are impressive though. Very sturdy.

•••
We'll see. Google's superior products will win out in the long run imo. I think living in Australia where Amazon still hasn't made much of a dent gives me a somewhat unique perspective. Most of my experiences with them have been mediocre at best. Their cardboard boxes are impressive though. Very sturdy.

You're right about that. Google's AI is so advanced it gets scary. I was visiting Google not that long ago and got a look behind the scenes so to speak and it's just insane.

Over here in Holland we have a national competitor to Amazone that's well established so Amazon is not really a thing but who knows what the future brings.

It's an interesting time to live for sure.

•••
I am not using anymore Chrome, they track every search I make and profile all of their users. I am using blockchain private browser instead which is 3 times faster 10 times more private and blocks all the ads on Youtube and other websites. It has already 30 million+ instalations and stil growing rapidly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back