Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's an idea, get to your point clown

I kinda thought I was actually quite on point.

It is interesting, however that in today's political climate, those that can not win a discussion on facts, details and persuasion, lower themselves to calling people names instead.

•••
I kinda thought I was actually quite on point.

It is interesting, however that in today's political climate, those that can not win a discussion on facts, details and persuasion, lower themselves to calling people names instead.
He always does that whenever he decides to come to this thread...

•••
Here's an idea, get to your point clown

Thats clown discrimination, Democrats are supposed to inclusive and diverse in their acceptance of all colors, all 100+ genders and others in their social justice agenda.

•••
•••
The chairman of a New Zealand mosque said he believed Israel’s Mossad organized the Christchurch attacks that killed 50 people, outraging New Zealand’s Jewish community.

Ahmed Bhamji, chairman of the Mt Roskill Masjid E Umar mosque, asserted that Mossad funded the gunman’s attack against mosques in Christchurch and that it was “Zionist business” at a rally in Auckland for the shooting victims organized by Love Aotearoa Hate Racism. Members of New Zealand’s Jewish community and witnesses of Bhamji’s speech denounced his accusations, calling them “hateful.” (RELATED: New Zealand Goes Full Islam After Mosque Attacks)

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/26/new-zealand-mosque-mossad-shooting/

•••
upload_2019-3-27_21-59-11.jpeg

•••
•••
I can’t figure out if it is Beto or AOC that has more entertaining hand movements.

•••
LOL... nowadays one never knows! Could just be a harmless pussycat that likes to howl like a big bad wolf...

Must be a gender neutral avatar animal or large insect, whatever that thing is.

•••
Must be a gender neutral avatar animal or large insect, whatever that thing is.
LOL... careful, or he will also call you a "Payaso" or worse!

•••
•••
•••
A Generation of Idiots: Indoctrination with Political Correctness

•••
Shocking, Beautiful Seattle now looks like shithole San Francisco. Awe, must me Trumps fault too.

•••
•••
•••
@GILSAN how dare you suggest The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan should no longer be?

JordanUnited States relations covers the bilateral relations between Jordan and the United States. Jordan has been a very close Major non-NATO ally in the Middle East since 1996.

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3464.htm

BUREAU OF NEAR EASTERN AFFAIRS
Fact Sheet
August 2, 2018

More information about Jordan is available on the Jordan Page and from other Department of State publications and other sources listed at the end of this fact sheet.

U.S.-JORDAN RELATIONS

The United States deeply values its long history of cooperation and friendship with Jordan, with which it established diplomatic relations in 1949. The United States appreciates the special leadership role that Jordan plays in advancing peace and moderation in the region. The United States and Jordan share the mutual goals of a comprehensive, just, and lasting peace in the Middle East and an end to violent extremism that threatens the security of Jordan, the region, and the entire globe. The peace process and Jordan's opposition to terrorism parallel and indirectly assist wider U.S. interests. U.S. policy seeks to reinforce Jordan's commitment to peace, stability, and moderation. In light of ongoing regional unrest, the United States has helped Jordan maintain its stability and prosperity through economic and military assistance and through close political cooperation. The United States encourages Jordanian efforts to continue to implement key political and economic reforms that will secure a better future for the Jordanian people.

From 1949 to 1967, Jordan administered the West Bank. Since the 1967 war between Israel and several Arab states, when Israel took control of this territory, the United States has considered the West Bank to be territory occupied by Israel. The United States believes that the final status of the West Bank can be determined only through negotiations among the concerned parties based on UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338.

U.S. Assistance to Jordan

The United States is Jordan’s single largest provider of bilateral assistance, providing over $1.7 billion in 2017, including $1.3 billion in bilateral foreign assistance and over $200 million in Department of Defense (DoD) support. In addition to bilateral foreign assistance, the United States has provided nearly $1.1 billion in humanitarian assistance to support Syrian refugees in Jordan. In 2018, the U.S. and Jordan signed a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to provide $6.375 billion in bilateral foreign assistance to Jordan over a 5-year period, pending the availability of funds. The MOU reinforces the U.S. commitment to broaden cooperation and dialogue between the two countries in a variety of areas. Assistance programs contribute to a strong bilateral relationship centered on a stable, reform-oriented Jordan. Development assistance has resulted in improved health indicators, road and water networks, hundreds of schools built, thousands of Jordanians in various fields educated and trained in the United States, grants and loans for U.S. agricultural commodities, and assistance for Jordanian communities hosting refugees from Syria. Current focus areas include education, access to water, resource management and conservation, energy, refugee host community resilience, youth and poverty alleviation programs, maternal/child health, energy, governance, macroeconomic policy, workforce development, and competitiveness. A strong U.S. military assistance program is designed to meet Jordan's legitimate defense needs, including preservation of border integrity and regional stability through the provision of materiel and training.

In 2013 and 2014, the U.S. provided Jordan $2.25 billion in loan guarantees, allowing Jordan access to affordable financing from international capital markets.

Bilateral Economic Relations

Qualifying Industrial Zones established by the U.S. Congress allow products to enter the United States duty-free if manufactured in Israel, Jordan, Egypt, or the West Bank and Gaza. The U.S.-Jordan free trade agreement (FTA), the U.S.’s first FTA with an Arab country, has expanded the trade relationship by reducing barriers for services, providing cutting-edge protection for intellectual property, ensuring regulatory transparency, and requiring effective labor and environmental enforcement. The United States and Jordan have an "open skies" civil aviation agreement; a bilateral investment treaty; a science and technology cooperation agreement; and a memorandum of understanding on nuclear energy cooperation. Such agreements bolster efforts to help diversify Jordan's economy and promote growth.

Membership in International Organizations

Jordan and the United States belong to a number of the same international organizations, including the United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and World Trade Organization. Jordan also is a Partner for Cooperation with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. Jordan is also a major non-NATO ally, and a key partner in the U.S. and Arab Coalition to defeat ISIS.

Bilateral Representation

Principal embassy officials are listed in the Department's Key Officers List.

Jordan maintains an embassy in the United States at 3504 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008 (tel. 202-966-2664).

•••
@GILSAN how dare you suggest The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan should no longer be?

I don't think that was meant to be taken literally, at least not the way that so many openly say that Israel should no longer be.

Why the Hashemites should be held in such high esteem in a time when royalty is supposed to be on its way out is another question. Not to say they have done a bad job... but royalty is royalty. Still, by regional standards (such as they are) Jordan is doing rather well.

The point being made in Gilsan's video is that, while Israel gets all the blame for the plight of Palestinian refugees, those same refugees have it much worse in Jordan, Lebanon, etc. If they want a homeland, why should Israel be the only country to give up the land?

And Gilsan is Portuguese, anyway. I have no idea what relations are between Portugal and Jordan. I assume they are minimal.

•••
The “world ending in 12 years” was an unfortunate bit of hyperbole. But climate change IS well documented science. A 1000+page report by the us government - https://www.globalchange.gov/nca4 concluded that change is happening more rapidly now than at any time in previous history. As have many other studies.

The 12 year figure comes from estimates that at the rate change is happening, we may have as little as that much time to get it under control or we lose our window of opportunity to do so. The strategy being to keep global warming to 1.5 degrees in this century.

A healthy planet is a necessary foundation for a healthy economy, regardless of where you live. A population in disaster mode wont sustain a stable economy. To ignore the warnings is the epitome of foolish.

•••
The “world ending in 12 years” was an unfortunate bit of hyperbole. But climate change IS well documented science. A 1000+page report by the us government - https://www.globalchange.gov/nca4 concluded that change is happening more rapidly now than at any time in previous history. As have many other studies.

The 12 year figure comes from estimates that at the rate change is happening, we may have as little as that much time to get it under control or we lose our window of opportunity to do so. The strategy being to keep global warming to 1.5 degrees in this century.

A healthy planet is a necessary foundation for a healthy economy, regardless of where you live. A population in disaster mode wont sustain a stable economy. To ignore the warnings is the epitome of foolish.

Allow me to repost this...

131043_e965ee4528c0f9de983b490c0964f7c0.jpg

•••
BTW, if anyone disagrees with the reports I cited, please note the specific sections or methodology you dispute and your qualifications for disputing it.
Those who produced these reports are experts in the subject matter and who have studied it for years. Expertise matters.
Thank you much!

Last edited:
•••
I don't think that was meant to be taken literally, at least not the way that so many openly say that Israel should no longer be.

Why the Hashemites should be held in such high esteem in a time when royalty is supposed to be on its way out is another question. Not to say they have done a bad job... but royalty is royalty. Still, by regional standards (such as they are) Jordan is doing rather well.

The point being made in Gilsan's video is that, while Israel gets all the blame for the plight of Palestinian refugees, those same refugees have it much worse in Jordan, Lebanon, etc. If they want a homeland, why should Israel be the only country to give up the land?

And Gilsan is Portuguese, anyway. I have no idea what relations are between Portugal and Jordan. I assume they are minimal.

Hi,

It is not about royalty, it is about us the people. Further destabilizing the region by suggesting a UN member state, a sovereign nation, should become Palestine is ignorant & extreme. He did meant it, some extremist talks about Watan Al Badeel (alternative homeland for the Palestinians) of the west bank, & he is now calling for it on a domaining forum. That is extreme by all means. This thread is about US politics anyway, not about reshaping the map.

Many Jordanians are of Palestinian descent, but those are now Jordanians, 2nd,3rd, & 4th generation. Their allegiance is to our country Jordan. & support a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

We in Jordan do not say Israel should no longer be. Jordan has a peace treaty with Israel, Israel is not giving up any land, the west bank was never Israel, it is occupied territory, I just quoted your state department's official position on the matter.

in a time when royalty is supposed to be on its way out? with respect, that is for the locals do decide, not Gilsan or any other. & we don't want them out, yes we need reform, but not in extreme ways. We are not having another Syria here. We want our country to remain stable, will he please allow us that much? gosh !

Point is, he gets to support Israel without being disrespectful to others, suggesting our country, the place we call home should no longer exist & become something else, is extreme & deeply offensive. I can't help but imagine what goes on in such minds.

Again, this thread is not about Jordan, nor is it about Israel, its about American politics & this is a domaining forum, his post is not normal.

Regards,

•••
BTW, if anyone disagrees with the reports I cited, please note the specific sections or methodology you dispute and your qualifications for disputing it.
Those who produced these reports are experts in the subject matter and who have studied it for years. Expertise matters.
Thank you much!

Here's my methodology, I don't even need to generate a 1,000 page document by elitist scientists writing to protect their budget:

The climate has been changing dramatically, with/without human interference for at least 2 billion years. For good or bad, living some backwards, draconian 4th world cow-fart-free existence will not effect the climate one iota's worth. The climate changed before we were on earth, it will change after we are gone.

You can be a vegan from birth, living in a cave and the earth is still going to suck wind when Yellowstone explodes and kills 99.999% of every living animal. Or a meteor, or some crazed North Korean, or a rampant plague, or a volcano under the arctic surface melts everything, etc. I prefer to die with a cheet-oh in my hand while watching Game of Thrones, thank you.

•••
The satellite data and the balloon data agree when both records coexist, from 1979 to the present. The balloon record reaches back four decades. Neither record sees a meaningful human-made warming trend.

Now, just remember this one thing from this talk, if nothing else: That layer of air cannot be bypassed; that layer of air must warm if computer model projections are accurate in detailing the human-made warming trend from the air's increased greenhouse gases. But that layer of air is not warming. Thus the human-made effect must be quite small.

Additionally, the recent warming trend in the surface record must not owe to the human-made effect. The surface temperature is warming for some other reason, likely natural influences. The argument here, from NASA and NOAA data, is that this layer of air from one to five miles in altitude is not warming the way computer simulations say it must warm in the presence of human activity. Therefore, the human-made effect is small. The surface data must be warming from natural effects, because the human-made warming trend must appear both in the low troposphere and at the surface. All models are in agreement on that.

https://www.heritage.org/environment/report/warming-the-truth-the-real-story-about-climate-change

•••
Not me saying it, but Dr. Mudar Zahran, who is a Jordanian Palestinian writer that has been described as the Secretary General of the Jordanian Opposition Coalition, who supports secular democracy and peace with Israel, who is living in London, because he'll get imprisoned if he goes back to Jordan... because of the way he thinks...

Jordan is Palestine - the truth by Mudar Zahran

Over 70 percent of Jordan's population is of Palestinian origin, almost two million of them still in refugee camps...

Why is Jordan called the Hashemite Kingdom?

Jordan
is called The Hashemite Kingdom, because it is ruled by the Hashemite dynasty, which claims descent from the Islamic prophet, Mohammed. The Hashemite dynasty itself is named after Mohammed's great grandfather, Hashim.

MUDAR ZAHRAN: THE UN IS A FAILURE

Seems like Jordan's King Abdullah II and you MS-Domains are not too fond of alternative opinions or Free Speech, after all.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back