Dynadot

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To put this into proper perspective.

The Product is PopMoney and they have rightfully trademarked it.

Defaultuser is right, you will have a extremely hard time filing or offering same service with "nfc and mobile with pop being tm in the same category.

J

•••
Just found out today that "phone tag" is trademarked :)

•••
The Product is PopMoney and they have rightfully trademarked it.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Looks like they may have trademarked two graphics showing just the phrase popmoney.

Trademarking a graphic is not the same as trademarking a phrase, let alone one of the words in a phrase imo.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Just found out today that "phone tag" is trademarked :)

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing interactive multi-player games via website that are accessible via computers, PDAs, cellular phones, or other electronic devices.

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Message transcription. FIRST USE: 20080301. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20080422

IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Delivery of messages by electronic transmission. FIRST USE: 20080301. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20080422

Not sure if that covers NFC tags.

•••
Defaultuser is right, you will have a extremely hard time filing or offering same service with "nfc and mobile with pop being tm in the same category.

J

YouTube is TM yet there are 1000s of Tube sites and many have the word Tube in the name offering videos in the same category.

FaceBook is TM yet there are many other social networking sites with Book in the name.

And Bank of America is TM and we all know there are plenty of banks with the word Bank in them.

:)

•••
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Looks like they may have trademarked two graphics showing just the phrase popmoney.

POPMONEY
STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Registration Number 3848688

This doesn't mean you can't use POP but try getting away with PopCash, PopCheck, PopDollar and offering a similar service and see how far you get.

This is FISERV we're talking about :)

It also means that other services will try to move away from this term in general once established, imho.

•••
POPMONEY
STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

This doesn't mean you can't use POP but try getting away with PopCash, PopCheck, PopDollar and offering a similar service and see how far you get.

It also means that other services will try to move away from this term in general once established, imho.

Well we have never seen Kellogg's POPTarts go after Pillsbury's Pop N. Fresh :)

Or WallMart make KMart stop using Mart.

What about the word Pay? Does PayPal own the only right to use it in its category?
Will FISERV only allow one Tap name? Or one Pay or POP or Swipe name?
These things get real muddled sometimes.

Also I own Paygorilla.com so I hope Magilla Gorilla doesnt come after me ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
NFCWalletHacks.com / MobileWalletHacks.com
not sure myself, but grab it before someone 'else' does... (or am I wrong?)

•••
Still wondering, can any of our North American members tell me if the word DOSH is used there?

It's a matter of money, you see.

POPMONEY
STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

That is a good point - people won't want to sound too similar. On the other side of the coin, if the word "pop" gets widely used to mean "mobile money transaction" or "pay" or "buy" or "cash", something like poptickets or popflowers starts to sound a lot better.

Popdollar could be used for something not in the same class of goods, like an online auction site. Except there already is one, with a nice 4 letter domain name.

•••
I must live in a bubble, I have never heard of most of these terms where I live
"dosh" nope - never :)

I use something called PayPass [I am in Canada] - through my American Creditcard provider - they offer this service.
I just Tap, and it pays automatically - but it's called PayPass

•••
Still wondering, can any of our North American members tell me if the word DOSH is used there?

I don't think anyone has used it since Minder, or Loadsamoney come to think of it even in the UK:

http://youtu.be/ON-7v4qnHP8

Used at the 2 min :)

NEVER heard it in the US

WapYourWad.com is available.

•••
mobilewalletsupplier.com
mobilewalletdownload.com
walletexplained.com
nfcexplained.com

Last edited:
•••
MobileUsed(dot)com
MobilePymt(dot)com
MobilePymts(dot)com

Also, getting a few really good ones soon.

•••
MobileUsed(dot)com
MobilePymt(dot)com
MobilePymts(dot)com

Also, getting a few really good ones soon.

"PMT" is the shortened version of Payment-besides it doesn't work well as part of the domain name... You have PYMNT(s) which is worse...

Grace delete. :imho:

:wave:

•••
"PMT" is the shortened version of Payment-besides it doesn't work well as part of the domain name... You have PYMNT(s) which is worse...

Grace delete. :imho:

PYMT is also a shortened version of Payment. I don't have "PYMNT". You should grace delete your post :imho:

•••
PYMT is also a shortened version of Payment. I don't have "PYMNT". You should grace delete your post :imho:

I will grace delete the "N". :tu:

•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
•••
According to thedomains.com Sedo Sedo last week sold this one:
tapshare.com 3,500 USD

•••
A nice infographic on the digital wallet and the future of payments

blog.intuit.com/money/the-digital-wallet-and-the-future-of-payments-infographic//

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
According to thedomains.com Sedo Sedo last week sold this one:
tapshare.com 3,500 USD

WOW! tapstuff/com here!!

J

Last edited:
•••
Just read about something surprising based on nfc: Talking Packaging (yes the .com was taken years ago LOL):

VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland used NFC(Near Field Communication) based technology that would allow visually impaired and blind people to identify everyday items through a speech-based item identification system.

NFC tags could be added to food items so a user could touch the code on the packaging with their NFC-enabled mobile phone to download text, audio or web page product information which can be played back on their handset.
http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/Packaging/Talking-packaging-is-the-future-researchers

Apparently RFID tags can be used to create navigation systems for the blind.

BTW this is a bit of info about tap share functionality

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...cooking-up-for-ice-cream-sandwich-and-beyond/

Google plans on letting you transfer just about anything from one Android device to another with a tap. Just a tap. The phrase they kept using was "0-click sharing." There is no preparation, no app to open, just tap 2 devices together and it works. They demoed transferring contacts, web pages, apps, and coolest of all, YouTube. It's very slick. If you're in the middle of a video, you can tap to transfer the link and even the current time. If you have an app open, the other phone loads that app's Market page. But that's just the beginning. To quote the Android engineer giving the talk, "We want to build this into as many system apps as we can." Android developers have access to it too, so expect NFC sharing of pictures, music, files, calendar events -- you name it.

Last edited:
•••
Hope whatever mobile payment solution bought it handles currencies better than this post :):lol:

:lol: That is too funny!!

Sale via Sedo -

speedydollar.com £2,000 USD

Speedy £ or $? :D

Not sure if this is related to mobile payments yet, but I bet my bottom dollar it is.

Cheers

I hope not! I'd rather accept the £ vs. the $... It is a stronger currency. :p I think the seller wanted that option too. :tri:

•••
Obtained these today. Both of these are aged 2 years:

WalletPay(dot)net
WalletGold(dot)com

•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back