Domain Empire

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly I'm trying to help you save money. Concentrate on true generic domains which aren't centered around newly branded companies. You'll have more success that way!

Honestly I think your posts are beginning to turn to spam. You have stated your opinion way earlier in the thread yet you keep popping up every so often saying how we are wasting our money. Please move along now. If you believe someone who obtains a domain related to NFC technology is wasting their money that's fine but we don't need to hear it every day.

•••
Nice try but you're the worst offender here. I see daily updates with your new registrations.

Honestly I'm trying to help you save money. Concentrate on true generic domains which aren't centered around newly branded companies. You'll have more success that way!

Really? The worse? lol
You might want to calm down on the accusations there Keith.

My purchases for the pop names were one day last week on the 17th.

Since then I bought Paygorilla.com and PingBucks.com TapandSpend.com.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Nice try but you're the worst offender here. I see daily updates with your new registrations.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Clearly registered recently!

Yes and that post clearly states where I got the info on POP, you are just confirming what I already said. :)

•••
Honestly I think your posts are beginning to turn to spam. You have stated your opinion way earlier in the thread yet you keep popping up every so often saying how we are wasting our money. Please move along now. If you believe someone who obtains a domain related to NFC technology is wasting their money that's fine but we don't need to hear it every day.

Lol I had a nice reply and my Internet blanked out.

Anyhow, opposing viewpoints are healthy. Put me on ignore if the truth hurts.

@lennco as to your popmoneycash comment. I'd buy it but you've already shown your hand.

•••

@lennco as to your popmoneycash comment. I'd buy it but you've already shown your hand.

You really need to start paying attention, that wasn't my comment ...lol

•••
You really need to start paying attention, that wasn't my comment ...lol

Huh? Popmoneycash...use it for soft drinks...was that your post? Lol it was carobs. I stand corrected and my apologies lennco :)

Anyhow, I'll leave you all to donate more money to registrars and such. Down the road when you are faced with renewing loads of NFC and pop domains, maybe reality will hit :O

•••

Too bad :xf.love:. I agree that everyone should mainly focus on generic domains but there is still lots of money associated with new technology domains. Review the trademarks before you register a domain like this but I hope everyone cashes in on this new technology craze. Yes, even domainers.

•••
Too bad :xf.love:. I agree that everyone should mainly focus on generic domains but there is still lots of money associated with new technology domains. Review the trademarks before you register a domain like this but I hope everyone cashes in on this new technology craze. Yes, even domainers.

I agree with that statement :tu:

•••
To put this into proper perspective.

The COMPANY developing this Cash Edge. This is a good brandable name based on the concept that many of you are trying to capture "Cash".

The Product is PopMoney and they have rightfully trademarked it.

That was posted on the 20th, as lennco said it was after the pop names were registered.

Most of us sooner or later see a good name that we take in haste and then find a TM on, which may or may not cause issues.

Checking TMS beforehand is wise... one time a few years ago I did that and decided not to register a juicy term free in a TLD as it was TM'd. Guess what the term was?

yes, it really was "thecloud" - a UK company has a TM on that for wireless hotspots.

•••
Ok now,

I went ahead and got GD to give me a grace delete on my POP names even though I was 16hrs past the mark even though I bought these in good faith because of the Barclay's article.

I'll let someone else deal with any TM issues.

Now, are there any issues on Tap and Ping with regards to Money?
Because as of right now I dont know of any.

•••
Ok now,

I went ahead and got GD to give me a grace delete on my POP names even though I was 16hrs past the mark even though I bought these in good faith because of the Barclay's article.

I'll let someone else deal with any TM issues.

Now, are there any issues on Tap and Ping with regards to Money?
Because as of right now I dont know of any.

Great decision and one others should look up to :tu:

As for tap and ping...it's a matter of steering clear of established companies operating under those names.

You just saved money lennco :)

A side note...2 weeks ago I bought an expiring domain at godaddy auctions. After the purchase I googled the domain and realised it was the subject of a previous TM lawsuit. I contacted godaddy and they refunded my money. In the long run, these types of domains are not worth the risk.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
oh no, are they going to take my TableTAPp.com from me

•••
Earlier in this thread we talking about POP and how POPMoney is trademark but its a service trademark and some say its only pertains to the graphic.
PopMoney is a CHARACTER mark covering the financial services market.

Other say it pertains to its trademark category and no one will be able to use POP in that type of online payment category.
You could probably use Pop as long as it wasn't confusing. I wouldn't, as a business, gamble on PopCash, PopMoolah because it's close enough to concern me.

What I did say was that it would be enough to steer any other effort from that term. How many Paypal sites do you think considered MoneyPal, PayFriend? Once the concept is gone better to go with something else.

So what now, Tap will be limited?
If they can get a TM on Tap as a platform? Absolutely. Will they get that? I doubt it.

Too many other Taps. Los Angeles County has a TAP :) There are other companies already existing with KeywordTAP. They might be able to get a TM on their specific TAP names and if they become popular? Same as Pop.

IANAL

•••
PopMoney is a CHARACTER mark covering the financial services market.

You could probably use Pop as long as it wasn't confusing. I wouldn't, as a business, gamble on PopCash, PopMoolah because it's close enough to concern me.

If they can get a TM on Tap as a platform? Absolutely. Will they get that? I doubt it.

Too many other Taps. Los Angeles County has a TAP :) There are other companies already existing with KeywordTAP. They might be able to get a TM on their specific TAP names and if they become popular? Same as Pop.

IANAL

So I take it,
POP = No
Tap = Yes?
:)

•••
Just remember, if you had the name registered way before they registered their trademark, there isn't really much they can do

Just have a read of some of these threads on similar topics from some well-known internet lawyers

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/

Last edited:
•••
Now if POPMoney was such an tm issue in the payment category what about names like,
TapMoney, PingMoney, BumpMoney are they too similar?
Can they be used in the payment category without tm issues or are they ok because there is no POP in it?

•••
He says he has TM on his names
TapPay
TapCard
TapWallet
TapBase
And - Tap?
http://www.tapbase.com

but I cant find any trademarks
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4010:rgbpkm.1.1

Anyone?

Might be bluffing. Or just hoping to get around to registering a TM later. The phrases might not be in use, so if the bluff stops others from starting to use them, it has succeeded.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Now if POPMoney was such an tm issue in the payment category what about names like,
TapMoney, PingMoney, BumpMoney are they too similar?
Can they be used in the payment category without tm issues or are they ok because there is no POP in it?

They don't look confusingly similar to me LOL.

But again, trademarks are national. Popmoney is a registered TM in the UK too, both as a graphic and as a phrase. But I could introduce a game where you pop balloons to win money and that would be ok I bet.

•••
Might be bluffing. Or just hoping to get around to registering a TM later. The phrases might not be in use, so if the bluff stops others from starting to use them, it has succeeded.

Must be bluffing because look at his footer
Tap, TapWallet, TapCard, TapPay and TapBase are trademarks of TapBase LLC.

Yet I cant find any trademark on his company name TapBase :-/

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

They don't look confusingly similar to me LOL.

But again, trademarks are national. Popmoney is a registered TM in the UK too, both as a graphic and as a phrase. But I could introduce a game where you pop balloons to win money and that would be ok I bet.

Good because I just bought BumpMoney.com :)

•••
I just bought BumpMoney.com :)

Great for accident claims or pregnancy support, or pinball championships LOL. Surprised it was free.

•••
Great for accident claims or pregnancy support, or pinball championships LOL. Surprised it was free.

Don't forget about Call Girls :lol:

•••
Don't forget about Call Girls :lol:

Is that a new function on an NFC phone?

Speaking of vulture companies who might want all these mobile money names, paydayt*p and t*ppayday were free until today.

And loanst*p too, imagine being able to tap your phone against a sticker on a betting shop wall that then lends you money to lose on tap gambling.

Next topic: why these keywords are worthless LOL.

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
My NFC domains:
eCash.me
FreeNFCGames.com
MobileWallets.ru
NFC4.me
NFCAdvert.com
NFCAdvertising.org
NFCAdvisor.com
NFCbank.org
NFCcarlock.com
NFCcarlocks.com
NFCchip.ru
NFCcinema.com
NFCcoupons.org
NFCexchanger.com
NFCgames.org
NFCgames.ru
NFCGermany.com
NFCgifts.com
NFCHongKong.com
NFCid.org
NFCid.ru
NFCidentification.com
NFCidentifier.com
NFCinvestment.com
NFCkey.co.uk
NFClocks.org
NFCPayment.ru
NFCPayments.ru
NFCRadar.com
NFCSoft.com
NFCtax.com
NFCtechnology.ru
NFCtube.com
NFCvoting.com
QuickTap.org
QuickTap.ru
Repayment.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

Last edited:
•••
Deleted post

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back