Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Well it appears as though it's happening. The launch of .land, .bike, .this, and .that is here and many more to come.

Show off your new .whatevers here and discuss why these are or are not good investments. Keep it cool, calm, and productive :)

I'll start with my new regs... absolutely none!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

As for premium domains, apparently it was good to get on the ground floor. I have a few 1 letter ones in .estate and .domains.

It looks as though prices have gone up on these in the newest ones or not available at all.

I think these newbie premium g's will have a difficult enough time gaining traction, so registering blah ones is not in my plan.

•••
I was working so I couldn't register the .club ones I wanted until I got off work hours later. By then, every single one I could be interested in was taken. and I checked like 30 at the very least... :(

•••
next post

Last edited:
•••
did about 4900

.club
Day 1 - 26,063
Day 2 - 4,886

Little more on that, just watched the interview:

"Colin: Our target right now is five million names in five years, a million names in one year, and 300 to 400 thousand names on or about the week of GA."

They're not getting 300-400 thousand first week. Even if they did their first day, every day of the week, that would be 182,000. If they did day 2 the rest of the week, that would be about 55,000.

Part of the reasoning:
"if you do a route zone analysis, you will find that there are 489 thousand clubs with the word ‘club’ to left of the dot in .COM, .NET, and .ORG."

http://www.domainsherpa.com/campbell-sass-dotclub-interview/

Day 1 - 26,063
Day 2 - 4,886
Day 3 - 3,818
Day 4 - 1,975

Total - 36,742 as of 5/10 Saturday Night

Last edited:
•••
If they truly believe what they say, it means they have learned nothing from the past. The past TLDs have a history of overoptimistic projections. But that was then. And past TLDs were released one by one, in a context of limited competition. I hope they are not going to blow up corporate money on lavish parties based on their 'predictions'.

•••
My first domain in the .club extension:

Footballers.club

whats your thoughts on this name... good, bad, ok

thinking of maybe developing it

•••
Sucks.club

What do you think of this domain? =]

•••
•••
Not bad but you should really splurge and get the .sucks :p

This domain is not registered (>‿◠)✌

dfgdfgdfg.jpg

•••
I did look for a few .clubs but the good ones were gone.

•••
.club update

Day 1 - 26,063
Day 2 - 4,886
Day 3 - 3,818
Day 4 - 1,975
Day 5 - 1,064

Total - 37,806 as of 5/11 Sunday Night

source - http://ntldstats.com/

So should be 40 - 43 thousand for first week. Not quite the 300 - 400 thousand projected. That's with the best marketing by a company (so far) plus home page, above the fold exposure at GoDaddy, lower prices than most others.

Next week, .expert, .works, I think that's it. I guess .expert is .guru part 2.

Last edited:
•••
Numbers Not quite Matching the Hype

.club update

Day 1 - 26,063
Day 2 - 4,886
Day 3 - 3,818
Day 4 - 1,975

Total - 36,742 as of 5/10 Saturday Night

So should be 40 - 43 thousand for first week. Not quite the 300 - 400 thousand projected. That's with the best marketing by a company (so far) plus home page, above the fold exposure at GoDaddy, lower prices than most others.

Next week, .expert, .works, I think that's it. I guess .expert is .guru part 2.

I believe that .guru enjoyed what I call "firstism": first out of the box, this g had domainers falling all over themselves regging .guru.

Now we are experiencing domainer weariness...

Had .club or .expert been first, the total regs could have achieved higher numbers as well, especially .club, with all the hype and advertising.

The problem with hype: if the reality is so far from the fantasy, then the hyper loses credibility.

The most reliable numbers will come at the year 1 mark; the crappy ones will drop, the premium ones will stay.

And, hey, I have a small stake in the g's (not .club or .guru), so I'm not arriving from a viewpoint of a total naysayer with no skin in the game. But, at some point, one has to look at the numbers and have to do a realistic assessment as to what the future may hold.

•••

I believe that .guru enjoyed what I call "firstism": first out of the box, this g had domainers falling all over themselves regging .guru.

Now we are experiencing domainer weariness...

Had .club or .expert been first, the total regs could have achieved higher numbers as well, especially .club, with all the hype and advertising.

The problem with hype: if the reality is so far from the fantasy, then the hyper loses credibility.

The most reliable numbers will come at the year 1 mark; the crappy ones will drop, the premium ones will stay.

And, hey, I have a small stake in the g's (not .club or .guru), so I'm not arriving from a viewpoint of a total naysayer with no skin in the game. But, at some point, one has to look at the numbers and have to do a realistic assessment as to what the future may hold.

Yeah, they had a lottery to go in the first quarter. People anticipated the high numbers early on. Investors only have so much $ to throw around. Next years renewal graphs will reflect this.

I think what's going on is, people / investors wanted a piece of the gtld pie and because major players jumped in early, other interested parties have had to prematurely start a .whatever.

This is all about positioning. I think Uniregistry didn't get .sexy because they love it. They got it to be able to compete with icm registry for the .sex extension.

Some new registries may have false expectations and others may know their extensions won't hit sustainable numbers for years if at all. Some may have the money to blow, and use the losses as a tax write off.

I reg'd a few gtld's early on. I have no .expert or .guru or .club.

•••
I did look for a few .clubs but the good ones were gone.

…… i have learned to walk away once i realise the cards are stacked against me
~
this sudden shift towards everything being premium is a joke

•••
.club update

Day 1 - 26,063
Day 2 - 4,886
Day 3 - 3,818
Day 4 - 1,975
Day 5 - 1,064

Total - 37,806 as of 5/11 Sunday Night
41,203 as of this morning's zone. There seemed to be a bit of a problem with zones over the last day or so and tracking the new gTLDs is a bit flakey. It has to do with some bugs in ICANN's Centralised Zonefile service being ironed out. (The CZDS is where those using the zonefiles download them). This is why some of the new gTLD stats sites may stop updating for a day or so at a time.

There's a lot of irrational optimism over these new gTLDs and many of the same arguments that were seen with other launches are being reheated. There's also a few blogs promoting these new gTLDs without doing any serious analysis.

When I see arguments that just because a TLD string is registered as part of a domain in another TLD, it is worrying.

Right now, the new gTLD launches resembles a bottle of champagne. Some people are going to end up happy. But in the process, a lot of bubbles will burst. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
this sudden shift towards everything being premium is a joke
That activity makes some of these new gTLDs resemble the bad old days of Domain Tasting when nobody could get to the drops because they were all being hoovered up. A lot of the same generic keyword rules are being applied to these new gTLDs and it is a great way to kill development in a new TLD.

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
two so far:
DeTodo.guru
Horimono.tattoo
I'm considering some .clubs

•••
I'd love to hear some comments on the gTLDs that I registered.

123.bargains
divine.gift
excellent.computer
excellent.repair
great.boutique
great.expert
happy.bargains
memories.berlin
newage.center
nys.club
perfect.expert

•••
•••
•••
I feel bad for everyone investing in such domains.

•••
I feel bad for everyone investing in such domains.

It's really heartwarming to see the concern and worries of some about other fellow domainers <sniff>

•••
Today i saw a new gtld i liked,

arent.cool

not.cool and isnt.cool were taken

Last edited:
•••
I've just taken a punt on my first, tried to resist but the keyword is so strong for < $20.

hols.png

Yeah yeah no lectures please.. only one. lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back