NameSilo

new gtlds The most surprising new TLDs so far

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Which domains have outperformed and underperformed my expectations?

It’s been nearly three years since new top level domain names started rolling off of the DNS printing press. A lot of people made bad predictions about how TLDs would do in general, and a lot of people over or underestimated particularly strings.
.Cloud – Don’t get me wrong here. The cloud business is huge right now. But I suspected .cloud would be a high price, low volume business. Instead, .Cloud is a low price, high volume domain with over 80,000 registrations.
.Sucks – Brands were worried about having to protect themselves in .sucks. They rightfully argued that the registry was trying to blackmail them into registering their brands by offering lower pricing to people who would set up gripe sites. It turns out it doesn’t really matter; there are about 7,500 names in the zone. This might be a good business if most of the registrations are at $200, but the domain has not really caught on after the initial press...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back