Dynadot

The Most popular extension in Latin America?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Wondering if anyone on here is from Latin America and if so,what is the most popular domain extension in Latin America?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I don`t know NOW what is the most popular domain extension in Latin America bur two years ago the .com.ar (Argentina) was the most registered domain names because there are Free, I have some .com.ar but the system for register it are really bad. If anyone register a .com.ar he never pay for this domain. I can`t explain more because I speak little english, but if you need more information about this, let me know.

Juan

•••
Hi Juanito,

Thank you for your reply.Outside of country codes would the average person searching for something look for com,net or org?I realize it may be a generalization,but am curious.....Thanks!

•••
Here is a list of IPs per country
http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/country-ip-counts.html

You will find that Brazil has the most IP addresses. In Brazil the Internet is growing fast, I was surprised during my last visit.

I think the most common would be .com.br

In Brazil you can only register 2nd level domains such as net.br or com.br

•••
Interesting thread, I'm curious too. I suppose .com.ar and com.br would be popular indeed, but since there are many Spanish-speaking and Portugese-speaking countries in the world, there must be a demand for generic TLDs too.

•••
Looking at alexa, it loks like Spain followed by Mexico. Wonder how much people in Mexico look at .es sites. Both .mx and .es have rez requirements, don't they ?

•••
Jammer said:
Hi Juanito,

Thank you for your reply.Outside of country codes would the average person searching for something look for com,net or org?I realize it may be a generalization,but am curious.....Thanks!

the most used is the .com with the country code, and Now in Argentina the .com (only) is used because all the .com.ar are taken and never drop. There are for all the life.

markts said:
Here is a list of IPs per country
http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/country-ip-counts.html

You will find that Brazil has the most IP addresses. In Brazil the Internet is growing fast, I was surprised during my last visit.

I think the most common would be .com.br

In Brazil you can only register 2nd level domains such as net.br or com.br

Markts,

Brazil, Mexico, and Chile are the countries where Internet has a great developement.

Look at this:

8,117,321 URUGUAY
1,949,536 ARGENTINA

Why Uruguay has more IP Addresses and the population is the 10% of the population of Argentina?

Because this IP addresses are used in Argentina. Now I'm conected with a uruguayan IP Address. D-:

I'm looking for some information about Internet in Latin America and the domain names but there are little information about it.

Thanks and sorry my little english.

•••
•••
•••
Actually another thread tries to relate the .la domain (Laos) with Los Angeles (as does the marketer of the TLD). Maybe Latin America would be a better marketing push as a region, somewhat like .eu will someday be for Europe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back