Dynadot

The Million Dollar Homepage (He made it!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I never imagined that he would make it and sell all his pixels for $1M, but he has made it and more! He's auctioning the last 1,000 pixels off on eBay - See Here!

The last bid is: $21,400 with 8 days and 10 hours left! Wow!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm sure you've read the story (can't remember site) about paying a PR person $7K / month to do the promotion.. the site will stay up for 5 years so the deal was I believe the salary would stay also. add to that hosting fees for bandwidth and you do the math.. he'd be extremely lucky to have made $1,000 or not end up in jail.. but you'll see ;)

•••
maroulis said:
I'm sure you've read the story (can't remember site) about paying a PR person $7K / month to do the promotion.. the site will stay up for 5 years so the deal was I believe the salary would stay also. add to that hosting fees for bandwidth and you do the math.. he'd be extremely lucky to have made $1,000 or not end up in jail.. but you'll see ;)

I highly doubt he will pay the PR person $7K / month for the entire five years. He may pay them that much for a year or so, but then the buzz will drop and the person will no longer be needed. The hosting will be expensive, but that will also go down as time goes on, and interest drops. With all that being said, he will get killed the most with taxes. But still, even if he only did make $1,000, that is basically a free $1,000 without any effort. I can't imagine that site takes much effort to run, and now with all the media campaigns, he has had his name put out to millions throughout the world. That will lead to job oppertunities and possibly even a book deal or a consultant job. I certainly wouldn't mind being that guy...

Tom

•••
Well Congratulations to HIM!!! I love it when people set out with a goal and then they reach it!!! :D

•••
yep so far the bid has reached $35,603.09

incredible...

•••
I only thought that he'd make it to 750k or so.

Stephen

•••
Wauw I wonder what he will do next = )

•••
congrats to him...lucky guy

•••
wt? heh.. some people are plain lucky... i envy him..

•••
WOW, the bidding is up to $150,000! He's going to make more off of 1,000 pixels than he is the other 990,000 ;)

•••
i seriously doubted that he would make it, i didnt even think he'd reach 500,000 but what i find odd is a look one day hes at 904,000 and i look like a day or two later and hes reached 999,000 i find that kind of odd.im also surprised that he managed to sell them cuz for a while he was just updating it like once a week and only then there'd only like be 500 more, i dont know how he made it through, as from what i know the interest dropped and now hes at 999,000.

•••
150 bids!! Thats a large amount of bids!

•••
wow there are several copycats that are also offering pixel script hosting

•••
I'm surprised he even got one person to buy pixels on his site. I actually think its a pretty weird idea, but I guess I'm since it worked out for him.

I'm sure he'll have fun with his taxes though lol

•••
$152,300,00 and 343,063 views to the auction,

This must be 1 of the biggest for views and money?

•••
Wow, incredible...

Looks like he's going to make it to that million bucks! :lol:

•••
Current bid: US $152,300.00
(Approximately £86,701.58)

And this is going from 8,000 just three days ago... these numbers are multiplying exponentially! It's scary

•••
Looks like he needs to rename the title of his site! :lol:

•••
I tried to place a bid, lol, too bad private list, dont feel like emailing him

•••
The auction has ended. The Winning bid is $38,100.00!

•••
I guess this proves that unique ideas makes lots of money

•••
obenix said:
I guess this proves that unique ideas makes lots of money
No, this shows that *some* of them may.

•••
•••
There was post somewhere that his site was victim of a ddos attack.

It's a shame for his customers,especially the ebay winner.
Just goes to show if you're a millionare or not your site is still not safe.

•••
I saw him on CBS News two nights ago. His most interesting comment was how he owns billiondollarhomepage.com Hmm!

I checked the whois and it's DomainsByProxy.com Interesting.

Lyte

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back