Domain Empire
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me tell you all something I 've been looking for NiagaraFalls name. I 've searched emailed and attempted to buy that name in an extension that I care about. .com .org or .me. So it's been about a month I 've noticed .me expiring. I have been stalking the .me NiagaraFalls. The reason I am finally asking you all for help is bc I ve'been stalking it and it shows it's dropping How come it hasn't? Who has it? Moniker? Wouldn't that be SnapNames so how come snapnames is not showing it in their drop list? I 've checked all dropped loc and I have back ordered it in ten locations What are your thoughts That name is priceless to me I am willing to put my farm up for it

Last edited:
•••
Let me tell you all something I 've been looking for NiagaraFalls name. I 've searched emailed and attempted to buy that name in an extension that I care about. .com .org or .me. So it's been about a month I 've noticed .me expiring. I have been stalking the .me NiagaraFalls. The reason I am finally asking you all for help is bc I ve'been stalking it and it shows it's dropping How come it hasn't? Who has it? Moniker? Wouldn't that be SnapNames so how come snapnames is not showing it in their drop list? I 've checked all dropped loc and I have back ordered it in ten locations What are your thoughts That name is priceless to me I am willing to put my farm up for it

It says
Domain Status:INACTIVE
Domain Status: PENDING DELETE

but

Domain Expiration Date:17-Jul-2013

guess it got renewed

And looking at the admin email, their name at canadianniagarahotels.com doesn't look like one they would let go. Looks like they have 400+ niagara domains.

Last edited:
•••
Few of my .me

Fried/me
shack/me
Ozone/me
Pup/me
Blouse/me

SelfDrive/me
JustRead/me
Newsreporter/me
Golfstore/me
3Dgame/me
0-0/me

•••
NiagaraFalls.me is in pending delete status. This name is with Moniker so I assume it will be available at Snapnames.com to backorder.

I don't think it has been renewed yet. It's a kind of false renewal based on the assumption that the registrar will renew it.

In any case I wouldn't advertise publically like you did if I needed a name so badly. LOL

•••
NiagaraFalls.me is in pending delete status. This name is with Moniker so I assume it will be available at Snapnames.com to backorder.

I don't think it has been renewed yet. It's a kind of false renewal based on the assumption that the registrar will renew it.

In any case I wouldn't advertise publically like you did if I needed a name so badly. LOL

That is a nice name

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I believe Niagara Falls is past the time that the owner could renew it if I am not mistaking.

•••
buy.me

115 000 EURO ~ $149 000

SEDO

Now - that is a sale !

•••
•••
Buy.Me was definitely a nice sale. I'm surprised nobody has reported it over at domaining.com.

We've picked up a couple of .ME's for development ourselves.

•••
Buy.Me was definitely a nice sale. I'm surprised nobody has reported it over at domaining.com.

We've picked up a couple of .ME's for development ourselves.

I really think some domainers who 've spent their hard earned money on .mobi .biz and .whatever can't believe that .me has been so successful. I have conducted several pilot studies and I have found .me is gaining fast popularity in countries like Brazil and Spain even.

Last edited:
•••
I suspect this time buy.me has been acquired by an end user. I guess another enterprise level .me web application is on the horizon.

•••
Definetely not a re-seller IMO, we shall see soon enough.
Great uptrend for the extension and congrats to all of its enthusiasts who are profiting from it!

•••
I suspect this time buy.me has been acquired by an end user. I guess another enterprise level .me web application is on the horizon.

Absolutely. This must be end user.

•••
Want to acquire a great .me domain and iOS app bundled in one? Check out my auction (ending today!) over at apptopia.com

https://www.apptopia.com/listings/when-me-app-and-premium-domain-name

when.me is all about connecting your social circles to what is happening in your life WHEN it is happening!

When are you finally going to get organized? When are you arriving at that new corner bistro for lunch?

when.me is a fun and easy way to share important life goals or just what bar you are headed to tonight.

Helpful reminders and optional location features keep you and your friends in the know at all times.

when.me uses advanced location awareness features to make finding places and destinations a breeze.

Share your plan across various social networks including facebook, twitter, and the all new when.me network.

when.me makes it easy to keep up with the who's what's where's and most importantly when's in your life. Available worldwide NOW.

•••
It says
Domain Status:INACTIVE
Domain Status: PENDING DELETE

but

Domain Expiration Date:17-Jul-2013

guess it got renewed

And looking at the admin email, their name at canadianniagarahotels.com doesn't look like one they would let go. Looks like they have 400+ niagara domains.

Hey JB

Thanks for your kindness and checking it for me.
still hasn't dropped yet so I am hoping it 'll drop by mid Oct. When I look at NiagaraFalls. me in domain.me it says inactive and in redemtion that should only take 6 days right? but it 's been like that since july 17 so perhaps by oct 17?

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Hey thanks yeah didn't want to name the name. I was waiting for it since Aug so I thought to ask

Don't be BIDDING on it : )

•••
Got my first .me domain(thanks Jason): UNT. Lots of exacts and acronyms.

•••
One of my .ME domains :

Seks (.) me

The keyword "seks" has over 1 million exact global Google searches/Month.

A lot of countries who use the Latin or Cyrillic alphabet (such as Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Bulgaria, Poland, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro,...) also use the word "seks" instead of "sex".

Last edited:
•••
Seen on SEDO right now:

business.me sold for 4.010 USD

What a bargain!

•••
Seen on SEDO right now:

business.me sold for 4.010 USD

What a bargain!
Where ? That must be a bug.

Courtesy of DNSalePrice.com:
Code:
Domain	TLD	SalePrice	SaleDate	SaleThru	Wrds	Len	Num	Hyp	Link	Source
Business	me	$54,800	Sep 11	Sedo	1	8	N	N	[url]http://Business.me[/url] 	DNJournal
Business	me	[COLOR="Red"]$4,010[/COLOR]	[COLOR="Red"]Dec 10[/COLOR]	Sedo	1	8	N	N	[url]http://Business.me[/url] 	Sedo

•••
A lot of countries who use the Latin or Cyrillic alphabet (such as Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Bulgaria, Poland, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro,...) use the word "seks" instead of sex.

russians never use this spelling - "seks"
its either "cekc" (cyrillic) or "sex".
both flavors sound the same, exactly as sex does in english

sorry but i'm native speaker

•••
Where ? That must be a bug.
SEDO.de - Domain Market Overview - Recent sales. Did copy and paste it from there.

You must be right (hope so). Thanks for the clarification!

•••
SEDO.de - Domain Market Overview - Recent sales. Did copy and paste it from there.

You must be right (hope so). Thanks for the clarification!

That is a bug in the sedo feeds. Sometimes, it reports old sales.

I am selling a few expiring .me for cheap here.

•••
russians never use this spelling - "seks"
its either "cekc" (cyrillic) or "sex".
both flavors sound the same, exactly as sex does in english

sorry but i'm native speaker

Sorry but my wife is from Moscow also and a native speaker and this is what she has to say about your comment:

(Sorry for english speakers, below is an explanation about correct writing and transliterating words from Cyrillic alphabet, with a link to the site which has educational value)

Вы заблуждаесь. Слово "секс" давно вошло в состав русского языка и по правилам транслитерации должно быть написано, как "seks". C ГОСТами можете ознакомиться здесь http://xn--80aaolconwfghg9cwh.xn--p1ai/

So according to the russian government "seks" is the correct transliteration of the russian word for "sex" (секс) so you can always send a letter to russian government if you don't agree with them ;)

Also if you check the word "seks" in the Google keyword tool and pick as country "russian federation" you'll see it has 550,000 broad searches and 49,500 EXACT searches (which is HUGE) so it's definitely used there in this exact spelling.

Also on a last note: go to this site: http://translit.ru/
type in секс there on this russian transliteration site --> result: seks! ;)

Last edited:
•••
What do you think about boutique.me?

•••
So according to the russian government "seks" is the correct transliteration of the russian word for "sex" (секс) so you can always send a letter to russian government if you don't agree with them ;)

Also if you check the word "seks" in the Google keyword tool and pick as country "russian federation" you'll see it has 550,000 broad searches and 49,500 EXACT searches (which is HUGE) so it's definitely used there in this exact spelling.

Transliteration rules were established long ago in attempt to unify spelling of russian (cyrillic) words using latin letters - the need caused by a lack of keyboards/displays supporting cyrillic. Nowadays every device in Russia natively supports cyrillic.

People enter search terms into Google and Yandex not according to transliteration rules (nobody knows what they actually are, only a small number of internet users ever heard of transliteration at all) - they type in "seks" because they dont know how to spell "sex" correctly. So it's considered misspelling - you wont find this spelling anywhere in press, on TV etc.. never..

You are right - there are still a lot of searches for "seks" and even some minor sites using "seks" in their domain names. I added stats from Yandex (which is way ahead of Google in terms of search volume and audience in Russia):

monthly exacts - Google / Yandex

[seks] - 49,500 / 87,920
[sex] - 201,000 / 342,367
cekc (cyrillic) - 823,000 / 2,268,013

To be frank that's shocking me - how many people dont know how to spell "sex"...
But please do not think they are following "transliteration rules", that's just a lack of language education which itself is a widely known problem in Russia..

.. can only add that i personally dont know anyone who would ever use "seks" in search or real life - that'd be "sex" or "cekc" with no exception.. but it's only me of course

•••
Transliteration rules were established long ago in attempt to unify spelling of russian (cyrillic) words using latin letters - the need caused by a lack of keyboards/displays supporting cyrillic. Nowadays every device in Russia natively supports cyrillic.
"Romanization of the Russian alphabet is the process of transliterating the Russian language from the Cyrillic script into the Latin alphabet. Such transliteration is necessary for writing Russian names and other words in the non-Cyrillic letters."

Transliteration rules were mainly established to have international standards for example for passports and legal documents, basically so anyone can read it. They didn't come into place because of a lack of keyboards or displays supporting cyrillic as you put it. They are still as important today as the day they were created.

People enter search terms into Google and Yandex not according to transliteration rules (nobody knows what they actually are, only a small number of internet users ever heard of transliteration at all) - they type in "seks" because they dont know how to spell "sex" correctly. So it's considered misspelling - you wont find this spelling anywhere in press, on TV etc.. never..

To be frank that's shocking me - how many people dont know how to spell "sex"...
But please do not think they are following "transliteration rules", that's just a lack of language education which itself is a widely known problem in Russia..

Thanks for your input but as you know most russians use the word "секс".

"Sex" is just the english translation for the word "секс" and because "sex" is a globally known word Russians are using it a lot as well. That doesn't change the fact that "Seks" is the only correct transliteration for the russian word "секс". It's not a misspelling as you put it and as the numbers prove the word "seks" is heavily used in Russia (In Russia for every 4 people using the word "sex" , one person is using the word "seks" according to Google and Yandex search stats).

You're right that you won't see the word "seks" on russian tv or newspapers but that's only normal because they show the news in cyrillic alphabet so you only will see the word "секс" there. If there will be dutch subtitles for russian news it will say "seks" for the word "секс", for english subtitles it will say "sex" for the word "секс". So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

Anyways that's just for Russia.

Many other countries are actually using the word "Seks" as their main word for "sex". For example I'm from Belgium and we normally say "seks" eventhough the word "sex" will be used a lot here as well.

In any case let's be clear, the word "seks" is not a misspelling in Russia (we can always agree to disagree) and the word "seks" has huge search stats globally (1.2 million exact searches every single month) because it's used in many other countries as well and for a lot of those countries "seks" is even used as the main word for "sex".

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back