Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just picked up bourbon and blues. One took awhile, auth. code nightmare.

•••
I got 2 low XXXX$ offers on some of my [verb].me lately + a couple of lower offers too. But I prefere to wait.. I still think good .ME domains will gain value.

•••
NSL . Me
Just bought that.

•••
A few more expiring .me names I am giving away to the first member to claim them. Post the name(s) you want and PM me your namecheap.com userid and authorization code to get them. Hurry, they expire real soon.

Sorry, all the names have been claimed

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Me Me Me

I'll take:

discreet
ascend
covet
compound
swish
germ

Last edited:
•••
.me rocks

Regards,
:wave:

Last edited:
•••
Given the economy, it's fair to say that the upcoming .Me auction is facing the toughest market ever.

Does anyone else see strong downward trends in the domain market? The recent TRAFFIC fiasco + an article on declining 3 & 4 letter .com sales shows at least a 25% decline.

Everyone keeps pointing to a handful of premiums like business.me, watch.me, etc, but with 178 up for sale in this economy, the question is whether these domains can do better than last year's 400K SEDO.

Last edited:
•••
I'll take
ane.me
wor.me

PM on the way

•••
Given the economy, it's fair to say that the upcoming .Me auction is facing the toughest market ever.

Does anyone else see strong downward trends in the domain market? The recent TRAFFIC fiasco + an article on declining 3 & 4 letter .com sales shows at least a 25% decline.

Everyone keeps pointing to a handful of premiums like business.me, watch.me, etc, but with 178 up for sale in this economy, the question is whether these domains can do better than last year's 400K SEDO.

I figure either 2 things are going to happen, both good for me.

Either I will get some good deals or

Some will start to get priced out of my range, go for good prices, which isn't too bad for the good ones I already have.

I would have bought some of those ones last year for some of the prices I've seen but usually Q4 I'm more working on my sites so didn't even know about that one from last year.

Will be interesting to watch. Again, tough economy, if you have some money, good time to load up. I already renewed my favorite .me's to 2013 last month because I plan to hold on to them for awhile or until I get decent offers.

•••
2 letter .me?

how to get 2 letter .me anyone?

•••
hello source,

how about:

dessert.me
flunk.me
pita.me
railroad.me
sleaze.me

i will pm you in a few when i figure out how to get a namecheap auth code...

thank you,

mark

•••

It's kinda challenging... I have 4 .ME domains in the GreatDomains auction... 3 reserves (very low reserve to their quality) has been met and one didn't ... My account manager in sedo expected each to hit mid to high $x,xxx at least.. although the auction didn't finish yet, but it's weird they're that low at this point!

Hope things get better, but I am on the side of waiting and holding on to your good ones, it'll eventually pick up.

~Rami

•••
I still need your namecheap.com details.

hello source,

how about:

dessert.me
flunk.me
pita.me
railroad.me
sleaze.me

i will pm you in a few when i figure out how to get a namecheap auth code...

thank you,

mark

•••
It's kinda challenging... I have 4 .ME domains in the GreatDomains auction... 3 reserves (very low reserve to their quality) has been met and one didn't ... My account manager in sedo expected each to hit mid to high $x,xxx at least.. although the auction didn't finish yet, but it's weird they're that low at this point!

Hope things get better, but I am on the side of waiting and holding on to your good ones, it'll eventually pick up.

~Rami

.Me names are doing well at the current GreatDomains auctions, imo.

•••
Sedo reports sale of Jeremy.me for $1,250

•••
So it's on, Sedo auction started yesterday. From what I can tell, reserves are set somewhere in the neighborhood of $999 and $499 for a lot of them, looks like higher reserves on others, at least those are the bids where the domains went to Reserve has been met. Looks like $1499 is the other reserve since I just saw property and realestate meet reserve with $1499 bids.

Anybody watch the other .me registry auctions? Have they ever taken anything under the reserve, after the fact?

Last edited:
•••
Anybody watch the other .me registry auctions? Have they ever taken anything under the reserve, after the fact?

I'd like to know that too. Do the unsold domains just come back in the next auction?

Do they drop reserves late in the auction? If a domain comes back in a later auction does it have a lower reserve?

BTW exchange.me is registered to Microsoft and forwards to a part of their site that is about Microsoft Exchange.

•••
A few more soon to expire .me giveaways... all are at Namecheap. Post the ones you want and PM me your NameCheap userid and authorization code. First claimed, first served. Take as many as you want.

See latest post for up to date list.

Last edited:
•••
I'll Take:

1337 and 936

PM on its way

Thanks For Your Kindness

•••
•••
hello source,

i will take pastry.me

thank you

•••
Hya source

I'll take 4.

cubical
tro
hardbody
defriend

PM on the way

•••
Oops... tro should not have been on the list. The others are fine. Sorry about that.

Hya source

I'll take 4.

cubical
hardbody
defriend

PM on the way

•••
ephedrine please.

Thank you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back