NameSilo

The LLLL.org countdown

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
On Nov. 02, 2007 all LLLL.com were bought out.

On Feb. 05, 2008 all premium LLLL.net were bough out.

Its time to start LLLL.org countdown.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hope so, as I invested in 342 LLLL.org (CP).

•••
309+35=344 from the 1575 posted.
Even if nothing is registered out of the other 2400 or so, that still means 8% of available quads gone in a day.

•••
•••
Prices in China are about $34 today.

Here are GD Expiring prices from today's finished auctions:
Code:
sqlj.org    $66     11/18/2015
wtsc.org    $55     11/18/2015
dpfs.org    $35     11/18/2015
qstp.org    $30     11/18/2015
chwm.org    $55     11/18/2015

I think we are fine. I was just looking through my .net chips records, and on October 16, I was still able to buy them for $20... 2.5 months after the buyout occurred. That moved much more slowly.

Now, it's been what? 4 days or so since this buyout?

I think we will just need to see China work through its low-priced inventory (transfer from weak to strong hands) and my guess is we will get up to $100 - $200 base price. Who knows? I just know that this buyout happened very recently.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Super-premiums letters: A C D E I M P S T, premiums: B F G H L N O R
Not premium domains, but letters

I would add that F at the end of LLLL.org is very good for Fund, Federation, Foundation, Forum.

•••
•••
Just a temporary slump I think (I hope)
I'm keeping the rest of mine until they are above $100

•••
Just a temporary slump I think (I hope)
I'm keeping the rest of mine until they are above $100

Even chinese market cannot swallow them all. Too many niches to invest in, to many buyouts at the same time

•••
Even chinese market cannot swallow them all. Too many niches to invest in, to many buyouts at the same time
Maybe from the little guy (us) point of view - but think about big business budgets.

30-second commercial during prime time TV episode in US cost $xxx,xxx:
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tv-...pire-walking-dead-big-bang-theory-1201603800/

Rich folks spend tens of millions for multiple mansions and yachts and lavish parties.

Don't worry - they they have the money.

Will they jump from domains to another investment - that's different matter.

•••
Another way to look at it:

Facebook spent $16b on Whatsapp:

let's say average registration = $20

So if they invested in LLLLs instead

160k x $20 = $3m

16b = around 500 years of renewals for 100 extensions

•••
Let's take the biggest niche - 3.2 mln. 5L.com.
It's 25 mln USD. Is this big investment? Not at all. We talking about more than 1 mln. millionaires in China here. And the other niches are relatively small. They may be less than another 3,2 mln. combined.
50 mln. USD investment. for the whole market is not much, there's probably handful of bigdogs, who can afford to throw in few millions themselves.

Market is fluctuating because it's being played. There's bulls and bears there, just as at any market. If market volume is relatively small 50-200 names, it's enough to sell 10-20 names to create price shift and make people think that the sky is falling. Then quickly buy 50-100 names at low price and pocket the profit.
Bulls make money, then bears make money, only pigs gets slaughtered all the time. Pigs = stupid people, who panic and try to sell every time the price goes down. To make profit you need to buy low and sell high, not panic. Get some patience people, market was going way to fast, when it doubled over 10 days, now we making step back and consolidating. Then will be new run.

•••
•••
I would add that F at the end of LLLL.org is very good for Fund, Federation, Foundation, Forum.

That is the beauty of .org
O is also great as "Organization", L is "League".
Plus all the countries, regions, cities that stand for the acronym either as one letter or two letter combo.
Oman, Oslo, Ontario etc.
Latvia, Lithuania, London, Los Angeles...
R for Research, Rights, Region(al)...

And that goes for most of the western prems.

Another advantage of .org: .com faces competition from cctlds in many countries as a domain of choice, while organizations, associations, foundations, agencies etc. around the world in most of the cases prefer .org

And, no, non-profit does not mean poor.

•••
Just received an offer of $70 each, for all my 342 LLLL.org domains (chips).
Tempeting as it was, I decided to hold out - the value may go up in coming weeks.

•••
That is the beauty of .org
O is also great as "Organization", L is "League".
Plus all the countries, regions, cities that stand for the acronym either as one letter or two letter combo.
Oman, Oslo, Ontario etc.
Latvia, Lithuania, London, Los Angeles...
R for Research, Rights, Region(al)...

And that goes for most of the western prems.

Another advantage of .org: .com faces competition from cctlds in many countries as a domain of choice, while organizations, associations, foundations, agencies etc. around the world in most of the cases prefer .org

And, no, non-profit does not mean poor.

I've been buying 4l.orgs on drops and auctions and selling them to endusers since the Summer of 2014. In just under a year and a half, I've made 43 sales mainly in the US and Europe, min 250 USD, max 1200 USD. There's definitely value in Western Premiums regardless of what happens with Chinese investors.

•••
Just received an offer of $70 each, for all my 342 LLLL.org domains (chips).
Tempeting as it was, I decided to hold out - the value may go up in coming weeks.
negotiate to $88 each

•••
Not sure - they will be worth $100-$150 each in less than 3 months without a doubt.

•••
Not sure - they will be worth $100-$150 each in less than 3 months without a doubt.

I certainly hope so. I don't have any 4L.org chips, but close to them.

Perhaps sell 20 of them now and make your money back.

•••
Sell 100 at $70, then reinvest in buying around $50-60 here, GD etc. That will also help tighten the floor )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back