Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
disarmed said:
Being LLLL investors doesn't mean that we are all from the same cookie cutter. Maybe sometimes things get too personal for comfort. Nevertheless, we should continue to treat this thread as a good platform for sales data and objective discussion.
Rep Sent!

italiandragon said:
Does it matter to bring down the minimun price of LLL.com at $500 ?.
I think that Italian Dragon is just frustrated with all the talk about minimums and is trying to illustrate a point. For example, if DVD's are on sale for"buy one and get one free", this does that mean that the minimum value of a DVD is $0. Or, if I were to throw in a domain at reg. fee because the buyer made a big purchase, it doesn't mean the domain is worth reg. fee.

Alex said:
Everybody questions the integrity of Snoop (but he bashes .biz, .mobi too), while nobody questions anything on the other side....
It's not that anyone questions their integrity. Some people just question their knowledge of the market. As far as I know, Snoop is into LLL.com domains and Ecalc invests in keywords or CCC.com domains. Yet, they spend lots of time trying to convince others to follow their views and advice when it comes to LLLL.com's and especially the minimum values. Most people would much rather take advice from Reece or another LLLL.com investor and often, their lack of knowledge in this marketplace causes people to question their posts. It's really nothing personal. Everyone has a right to their own opinions.
My own complaints about this thread are that there are too many arguments about minimum values, premiums, etc., and not enough valuable discussions. Could you imagine a successful domainer like Rick Latona or Frank Schwartz running around stating the "sky is falling", the "sky is falling", everytime they saw a low sale? Nope, they'd swoop down and pick one up and enjoy it. Why not talk more about how to achieve the Maximum value out of your short domains. Also, talk about sales and marketing techniques for short domains.

IMO (In My Opinion for the Noobs)

1. There is NO minimum or maximum. A domain that sold for $22 at eBay, could sell for $150 on another venue. Or, if it was sold by a great broker, it could go for a couple thousand or more with the right marketing. If a domain sold for less than it should have, I would blame the seller more than anything else. Some people are lazy, other's are inexperienced, some get in over their head and allow everything to drop so yes, their will be some good deals now and then. But, these deals are far and few between when you consider there are 456,796 LLLL.com domains.

2. You CAN'T LUMP single premiums with other single premiums, double premiums with other double premiums, triple premiums with other triple premiums, etc., and arrive at any real price. There are just too many possibilities to consider. For example the letters e,i,w,n, thrown together make 256 possibilities, and all 256 are "triple premiums."
(Note: all prices are just made up to demonstrate a point and based only upon the English language.)
wine.com $3,000,000
ewin.com $30,000
iwen.com $2,500
wein.com $1000
wien.com $1000
weni.com $1000
wnie.com $50
wnei.com $25
enwi.com $200
and 248 more possibilities to go...thus, complaining that a triple premium sold for more than it was supposed to or less, makes little sense and the same goes true for single premiums and anti-premiums. Again, if it sold too low, it was more likely the fault of the seller who chose to sell that low.

3. There are NO BAD LETTERS. Around the world, different cultures prefer different letters. Some love Z's and Q's. So then why aren't they bidding on your qzsi domain at Namepros? Well it could be simply because your not advertising to the right crowd. Just because you can read "Low priced LLLL.com for just $29.95." Not everyone speaks great English, to lots of people your ad looks like this; XCVloi sdoindfs xdosinn ss zd ddok sdfoi xdcq aado0i. Or, your not approaching the right people. I doubt that qzsi.com Quality Zoo Supplies Inc. shops at Namepros. Or, you're selling too many similar domains at the same time which tends to devalue their uniqueness. Whatever the case, for people who go out and register thousands of domains that they don't know what to do with or how to market them, then to complain how hard it is to sell them. Why did you register them to begin with?

4. Big sales don't happen overnight. You could spend years waiting for one. Therefore if your short on cash, spend less time complaining and worrying about minimums and put that energy into developing the domains you plan on keeping. Try to make your domains pay for themselves so you can have the luxury of keeping them as long as it takes, rather than selling too early and regretting it later. Those who held onto their LLL.com's over the years did pretty well. IF and only IF LLLL.com's follow in their footsteps, it might be best to hold onto them, rather than sell. But remember not to get in over your head. It's better to hang onto a few good ones, than have lot's of sleepless nights worrying about registration fees you can't afford to pay. Plan for the future, but live for today.

•••
Today @Snapnames

jmsn.com 495$
jqgx.com 25$
pkqj.com 24$
pnzc.com 37$
pvdu.com 28$
tfxf.com 39$
utai.com 504$
xdsz.com 29$

•••
Today @ Namejet

SBJO.com $69
CRCH.com $410

•••
4LTR.org said:
If a domain sold for less than it should have, I would blame the seller more than anything else.
Yes. Min wholesale price of any commodity is distilled best from public auction data rather than private non-auction sales. A private non-auction sale reflects the narrow market between 2 individual parties rather than the broad global market.

disclaimer: this comment is unrelated to domain length

•••
Today @NameJet

yuum.net 600$
crch.com 410$
vtal.com 400$
glum.net 260$
swyp.com 400$
spjo.com 69$

•••
ecalc said:
Yes. Min wholesale price of any commodity is distilled best from public auction data rather than private non-auction sales. A private non-auction sale reflects the narrow market between 2 individual parties rather than the broad global market.

disclaimer: this comment is unrelated to domain length

Bingo. If a domain doesnt hit the open market, the sales price is not indicative of the market as a whole. Private Sales = Non-Market Value

•••
Nice post 4LTR, a lot of good points and I agree with most. There are minimum 'guidelines' though... there kinda have to be with collected data. Of course there will always be the few that stray from the pack and sell above and beyond what it should, for whatever reason, but for the wholesale/reseller game, there are minimums.

I just ran into this old thread started by VURG, 2 years ago.. funny stuff: Old Thread

I'd love to own every one of those llll.com now, or better yet wish I would have had the vision to have hand-regged them all back then. Also look at post #24 with those llll.net's. Tasty. Two-years time.

•••
i tried to add a rep Gary but i couldn't
it is a great post the one above and i agree with you

•••
Nem0 said:
....I just ran into this old thread started by VURG, 2 years ago.. funny stuff: Old Thread
I'd love to own every one of those llll.com now, or better yet wish I would have had the vision to have hand-regged them all back then. Also look at post #24 with those llll.net's. Tasty. Two-years time.
LOL, great find.

"Idiot Domains is the term I give to my service of providing a list of unregistered domains that I consider have potential. Currently my IDIOT DOMAINS that I am listing are 4 letter .COM domains that are potentially brandable....."

IDIOT LIST 1:
The following domains were available 3 hours ago
OJPA.COM <--------My domain is #1 on his #1 list. Guess that makes me the #1 idiot! (Hey, no comments please.)
BIXJ.COM
KUYM.COM
WOYG.COM
QAKP.COM
EOYX.COM
EAQH.COM
HAKW.COM
OUZL.COM
HOXC.COM
UVZL.COM
VUFW.COM.....

•••
great post 4LTR.org
rep added

like this one ;)

4LTR.org said:
Plan for the future, but live for today.

•••
Michael_Goldman said:
did they ask you sign a contract and pay by paypal $500?

Past registrant died and I got his wife that did not even know what a domain was.

It`s in Escrow now so I really don`t want to spoil it.

Regarding the other 3 LLL.com that I bought few months ago, I also got lots of issues and things to pay lately.

I don`t need people to believe what I write, I though my reputation was solid but obviously it`s not good enough.

And yes I agree with ecalc, 1 private deal is not reflecting the whole open auctions market. Yes I`m frustrated about many things and they are not related to domains, they are my private issues.

THis last lucky deal is going to help me a lot and I may be able to do not quit totally the domain industry or just quit for few months rather than few years.

For sure, after reading someone posts now I know that I`m better off not sharing anything here, it does not help anyone and I was a fool thinking we were a sort of family.

•••
italiandragon said:
Past registrant died and I got his wife that did not even know what a domain was.
Humm :o and you didn't thought it good to let her know what it was worth?

•••
italiandragon said:
:(

BTW, good post Gary. Rep++

•••
-Nick- said:
Humm :o and you didn't thought it good to let her know what it was worth?

I don`t think someone who`s husband had a big compnay like that needs money more than me.

Are you telling me I acted un-ethical?

I made an offer, she accepted. Is not what all we do?

Is it ethical selling a domain like those at NUCOM.com for $25,000 ?

Is it ethical to charge that amount of money to just be at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. ?

Is it ethical that NETSOL-NAMEJET auctions (and make profits from) domains that have not been renewed?

Is it ethical that Rick got that money for iREport.com ?

Is it ethical that Moniker auctions are filled with domains just registered few weeks earlier but somewhat get in the action?

I could make a longer list but I`m sure I explained my point.

•••
italiandragon said:
I don`t think someone who`s husband had a big compnay like that needs money more than me.
LOL this is not a valid reasoning.

Yes I did thought that you did it unethical. Doing business with living people who don't know the prices of their domain names is good enough. But taking advantage of a widow who doesn't knows the prices of domain was bad.

I only wanted to say that :)

•••
italiandragon said:
In any "Honest" Business, It doesn't matter who needs money more than who!

Would you like to sell one of your premium LLLL.com for $25 to new comer. Because he needs the money more than you!

italiandragon said:
Are you telling me I acted un-ethical?
IMO, Yes.

italiandragon said:
I made an offer, she accepted. Is not what all we do?
Whoever doing it. Always doing it through Domain Markets (Sedo, AfterNic, Etc..)

so the seller is already listed his own domain up for sale.
And because some people doesn't care about domains anymore or don't have enough time to research about his domain value. They sell it too cheap.

italiandragon said:
Is it ethical selling a domain like those at NUCOM.com for $25,000 ?
You can't blame anybody on what he pays for any domain!

italiandragon said:
Is it ethical to charge that amount of money to just be at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. ?
Many other places/festivals/conferences/hotels charge way higher. But people do use & attend it. right?
You don't have to go to T.R.A.F.F.I.C If you find it too expensive.

italiandragon said:
Is it ethical that NETSOL-NAMEJET auctions (and make profits from) domains that have not been renewed?
1. Open your own registrar (and be successful) then after few years, start your own "expired domain" auctions.
2. If they don't sell it, What do you think should happen?
A) NetSol will acquire these domains then resell it by a way or another.
B) They will let it drop. while piles of other companies waiting to capture these and do the same.
3. If you find some place not good to your business. Don't deal with it. So don't use NameJet, TDNAM, Pool, SnapNames or another other drop catcher (who auction expired domains).

italiandragon said:
Is it ethical that Rick got that money for iREport.com ?
Why not? the buyer was CNN !
And Rick already sat on his domain until the right buyer/offer.

You don't have to sell your domains for high prices like him.

italiandragon said:
Is it ethical that Moniker auctions are filled with domains just registered few weeks earlier but somewhat get in the action?
I didn't try to submit any domains to Moniker auctions lately. But give me some examples of what you talking about.

italiandragon said:
I could make a longer list but I`m sure I explained my point.
We all can do. but still doesn't give us a reason to make something wrong.

Many people abuse children, Many people kill other people, Many people are drug addicts, Many people are drinkers. Should we all do ? :)

Last edited:
•••
Honestly I`m quite surprised.

Now, offering a lowball offer is unethical and comparable to child abuse? Are you kidding me?

Hell, if this is what the majority of people think, I`m gonna tell her to join NP and auction it. D-:

•••
Lorenzo, I'm not doubting what you say, I'm just asking because there was a guy on dnf who did that thing to "expose" whose who send bulk emails. :)

Sounds like you are all good though. congrats!

italiandragon said:

Regarding the other 3 LLL.com that I bought few months ago, I also got lots of issues and things to pay lately.

I don`t need people to believe what I write, I though my reputation was solid but obviously it`s not good enough.

And yes I agree with ecalc, 1 private deal is not reflecting the whole open auctions market. Yes I`m frustrated about many things and they are not related to domains, they are my private issues.

THis last lucky deal is going to help me a lot and I may be able to do not quit totally the domain industry or just quit for few months rather than few years.

For sure, after reading someone posts now I know that I`m better off not sharing anything here, it does not help anyone and I was a fool thinking we were a sort of family.

•••
WOW WOW!!!

/me gets a few beers to chill this thing out...

You guys all have valid reasons, but don't forget one thing please...

Lorenzo told us about the deal and was honest enough to tell how, next time he'll just be quiet...

I also don't think he did the "best thing in the world", but...

Do you remember the iReit mistake?

Someone got a few insane bargains there and probably someone was fired because of it, probably with a family to feed...

Would you avoid those deals?

•••
italiandragon said:

Why scammers have such credible stories? Because if they had incredible stories nobody would buy domains from them. They invent stories that must be as much believable as possible. "Widow"? No problem. You will even have a phone conversation with her and you will even get certificate of her husband's death... And Escrow.com is just another factor for the buyer to believe that he would have secure transaction. Escrow.com guarantee only that you will receive domain after you paid money. It doesn't guarantee that domain was not stolen. But this 500$ purchase may be also true. Why not. But I just want to tell that you should double-check and triple-check the domain background and history without blinkers on your eyes.

•••
When I get similar bargains I always check with the previous registrants to ensure that the domain was acquired in a proper manner and I'm sure ItalianDragon has done the same.

If it was a scammer, why would she/he only ask $500 when she could easily get $5k and it would still be a bargain.

•••
Dear iREIT:
While looking through your domains listed for sale I noticed that several are priced at 5% of their wholesale value. Please raise the prices so that I can buy them.

Right.

--------------
Lorenzo has made it quite clear that he has some very serious financial issues at this time. From what he says the domain would otherwise have been dropped. So the family gets $500 more than they would without him.

Would I do the same in Lorenzo's position? I do not know. Nobody can see the world from another's shoes.

-----------------
I buy domains for a tiny fraction of what I believe they are worth. That is about all I buy. Not at all interested in paying a "fair" price.......
I buy drops at reg fee. So there is no "victim". Or is there? Chew on it long enough and you might start saying that I should be looking up the former owners and sending them a check.

Last edited:
•••
It's amazing that how many people have jumped on Lorenzo regarding the pick up of a LLL.com at $500.

All the guy did is get lucky, the same as EuroFlash did with iREIT

When my father passed away my mother and I was on the ball with all my fathers assets, if this lady was unsure she could have asked her family to check the value, if someone offers $500 and you are not sure what a domain is you check or get a family member to check the value she never did.

Lay off the Lorenzo attacks kind of sad when most of you have got a case of that human jealousy.

•••
BTW....

Sold SMZW.com for $200 in a private deal! :p

Go ahead.... bash this now. :sold:

•••
Jack.Whisky said:
It's amazing that how many people have jumped on Lorenzo regarding the pick up of a LLL.com at $500.

All the guy did is get lucky, the same as EuroFlash did with iREIT

When my father passed away my mother and I was on the ball with all my fathers assets, if this lady was unsure she could have asked her family to check the value, if someone offers $500 and you are not sure what a domain is you check or get a family member to check the value she never did.

Lay off the Lorenzo attacks kind of sad when most of you have got a case of that human jealousy.
I personally wouldn't have liked this to happen to anyone from NP here.

That is what I was saying. I don't want to put it in simple words otherwise it would sound too harsh.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back